• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Vs Hoffenheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, everyone was petrified when we drew Hoffenheim. This place was a gigantic quivering wreck.

Apart from one man. One man who knew. One man who was brave. One man who stood tall and gave us all the courage to believe.

That man was Dreambeliever.

Actually - that ain't true - someone like me never heard of them - so immediately I assumed they were shit - and so they proved to be. Anyway we have qualified everyone - so....

JOHN WILLIAM HENRY !!!

Get the Fucking Chequebook out !!!

A typical Liverpool win under Klopp. Blew away the opposition but gifting them goals too.

Terrific all round performance with literally one mistake all night by Lovren.

Can brilliant
Henderson brilliant
Wijnaldum brilliant
Mane brilliant
Firmino brilliant
Alex-arnold brilliant

2 things I wasnt over keen on.
Salah. I dont get it. Hes not very good.
Defensive subs again. If we arent signing better defenders stop changing the lineup and let them learn how to play together. Stability at the back please.

Now we"re in the Champions League proper we are going to attract more agents with better players.

Salah is boss. Not the best performance tonight but still 1 goal. Kept trying though and worked hard. Give him some time.

Salah is boss. Not the best performance tonight but still 1 goal. Kept trying though and worked hard. Give him some time.
Of course of course, Im not writing him off or any of that old bollocks, and he isnt BAD or anything, just a bit averagey.
Maybe thats because the other two are Firmino and Mane and the bar is high.
Not seeing enough yet but its early days.

Salah wasn't great tonight but his pace alone meant Hoff were often forced back because they were scared of his pace. Plus he was in the right place and time to score

Yeah. We were obviously the worst draw for any side. But I guess Hoffenheim were one of the toughest possible for us too. It goes without saying, but if Mignolet didn't save that penalty in the first leg, this whole tie would be so much different.

I always thought getting the perceived best team was a blessing as we always rise up our game against better sides.

True regarding the peno but who's to say we wouldn't have responded if we've had conceded.

We've thorn them apart tonight without Coutinho.

We will take some stopping in Europe.

Klopp loves the CL and teams don't park the bus, our main issue last season in terms of scoring.

We definitely need to improve at the back but it's going to be a super run

Yeah, everyone was petrified when we drew Hoffenheim. This place was a gigantic quivering wreck.

Apart from one man. One man who knew. One man who was brave. One man who stood tall and gave us all the courage to believe.

That man was Dreambeliever.

One man dared to dream. One man dared to believe.

Salah was not great, but he has a goal scoring instinct we have desperately missed. And, he stretches the defense with pace creating space for Firmino, Mané and even Can. Can's 2nd goal was created, in part, by Salah pulling a defender to him in the middle and leaving Can with the back post to himself.

I am glad we have him, but will need to learn to manage expectations.

Since MOM thread is not here yet, I'll post my picks here:
  1. Firmino – a key role in all 4 goals, can't really see any other choice for MOM. Great effort too – was always available for a pass and was a handful for the opponents to deal with in the penalty area.
  2. Mane – destroyed Hoffenheim's right flank and forced Nagelsmann to change formation after 20 minutes to try to stop him. Would have been a MOM with just a bit more end product.
  3. Emre Can – normally 2 goals from midfield (and very nearly a hat-trick) would make it an automatic MOM choice, but I thought Mane and Firmino were more influential and Emre's goals came on the end of flowing team moves rather than being self-created.
Honorable mention to Henderson, just missing out on 3rd after an impressive all-around midfield performance.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought Henderson was very good tonight after a poor performance at the weekend.

Firmino defo MOM.

What's encouraging is the progression. Wijnaldum – shit in the first game, OKish at the weekend, pretty good today. Henderson – off the pace in the first game, improved at the weekend, great today. Firmino – similar trajectory, Can too.

Terrific all round performance with literally one mistake all night by Lovren.

Can brilliant
Henderson brilliant
Wijnaldum brilliant
Mane brilliant
Firmino brilliant
Alex-arnold brilliant

2 things I wasnt over keen on.
Defensive subs again. If we arent signing better defenders stop changing the lineup and let them learn how to play together. Stability at the back please.

Salah ain't clinical. He and Mane to a lesser degree will score plenty but miss a shed load. Having said that, he works will in this team alongside Bobby and Mane in occupying the opposition.

We've had a good start to the season but in order for us to keep playing at a high standard we really need to adress the midfield and especially the defence.
We just have to get another CB and a CM in.
I mean, we did some rotating for the Palace game and managed a hard fought victory but it's imperative that we also inject some more quality into the squad. Players like Mané, Matip, Henderson and Firmino etc can't play in every game.
Let's say we start Salah, Coutinho, Mane and Firmino, who's the wing sub?
So I guess a Draxler wouldn't hurt either.
CB, CM, Attacker get it done...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom