• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

I think if it was a straight swap team for team, then as you say - not sure either would get the best out of that set of players.

But if Klopp was given the same kitty as Pep has had, and allowed to spend to his heart's content, I think we'd be celebrating more league titles and a quadruple to boot

Yes, I think that's probably fair. We'd also have a few more trophies if Rafa had had more to spend too.

Given that Klopp - with a far inferior squad (emphasis on squad - if we compare best player in each positions I think it's close, but they can put out a second string team that's better than most people's first teams) has run City close on a number of occasions, I just don't think that's true.

Guardiola is a fantastic coach, no doubt - but to claim that's he's the *main* reason, as opposed to the number of quality players at his disposal, just doesn't track for me

Well that's really ruined my day.

You can tell he's a natural leader. Also the comments about his physicality - it isn't all about being the tallest or having the most mass. The clips show him to be able to very quickly turn on the ball under pressure, hold off players, keep a low centre of gravity. I think he'll be surprisingly strong on and off the ball, with a few surprises in aerial battles against opposition AMs & attackers.
Binny it was I think already posted something on his jumping (heading) stats. He seems to time his jumps well (see Jota) and wins 56% of his aerial battles.
Like most Japanese, who have to fine tune other aspects of their game to compete with larger, stronger Europeans, he passes well and is good technically.

I know everyone's jumping on him right now, but could we at least give him a few games, with 11 on the pitch, for him to get acclimatized in the physicality and speed of the league, as well as Klopp's tactics? The other two midfielders are worldclass and they can play fine anywhere straight away, not to mention they had a preseason with Klopp.
Endo definitely isn't world class, but he can definitely be an asset for us as their shield if he can do anything approaching his performances in Germany.

Good in possession and tried to get stuck in, but didn’t protect the defence well enough (which he later admitted in the interview) and was mostly out of gas by the 60th minute or whenever he got subbed. Still didn’t do badly on the balance and improved when we went down to 10 men.
Thank you

I'm looking forward to seeing him playing in our team when he's up to speed and with ten other team mates on the pitch.

I really want him to work, but I'm starting to ask if he was a Klopp signing or a Fat George signing? I know I said we won't see the best of him till Jan but if Klopp doesn't rate, we might not see much of him at all.

I really want him to work, but I'm starting to ask if he was a Klopp signing or a Fat George signing? I know I said we won't see the best of him till Jan but if Klopp doesn't rate, we might not see much of him at all.
Did you watch the video gave when we signed him or the clip where he personally welcomes him?

Do so again and you'll see the delight on his face, why do people always have the urge to second guess everything? Is he this, was he that....who cares? He's here so let's give him the support he needs.

Last edited:
Did you watch the video gave when we signed him or the clip where he personally welcomes him?

Do so again and you'll on his face how delighted he is, why do people always have the urge to second guess everything? Is he this, was he that....who cares? He's here so let's give him the support he needs.
Absolutely right. We've had what, SIX games? o_OReckon he's got a lot to offer this team.

As has already been said, there’s actual evidence of love and appreciation shown by his own manager. The only cunts are some supporters.

no one’s being bad to him. We’ve just been spoiled by how well our other signings have bedded in. Everyone wants Endo to work out

Do so again and you'll see the delight on his face, why do people always have the urge to second guess everything? Is he this, was he that....who cares? He's here so let's give him the support he needs.
I am asking if Klopp wanted him? He didn't want Melo, Davies or Kabak. Those were stop gap signings made by the recruitment team. I want Wataru to work, I said before we won't see the best of him till Jan, but you can't stop the doubts creeping in when you see him physically struggling with the pace and strength of PL players. Forget fans rating him, if Klopp doesn't rate him, he won't play.

Yes, Klopp wanted him. Have you not read his interviews and comments.
And its not like Endo has been poor in the games he has played either.

Yes, Klopp wanted him. Have you not read his interviews and comments.
And its not like Endo has been poor in the games he has played either.
He hasn't been great in all honesty. Was terrible against lask but again obviously it's, early days but so far in the little we've seen he's been poor to average

Klopp trying to turn Mac into a 6 doesn't bode well for his chances, which I think is a bit weird given Mac's skillset and Endo's stats. Shame he was crap the other night as I think we all want him to do well.

As for the book. I think Rooney is on his fourth

Yeah, not too keen on Mac as the 6. He should play further forward, in a Gini-like role.
He is a victim of his adaptability here,

Back
Top Bottom