• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loan Players Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Wilson 2nd or top scorer when he was on loan at Bournemouth? That's not too bad in my books. From the little that I've seen of him he's not really a dribbler in the Mane Salah Jota mould he seems more old-fashioned attacking midfielder who is good at ghosting into positions and then using his thunder shot. I would at least like to see him get a run out at Liverpool for one season before passing judgement on him but because of his age its more likely that he'll be sold.
He probably was, but you have to look at the overall play as well. I just don't think he's good enough.

He got 7 PL goals playing for a team that got relegated. Our entire midfield this season has 6 goals between them. I don't think he'd start for us, but having someone who can offer a threat from distance could be very useful in the last 20 mins of games where teams park the bus and camp inside their own box.

He got 7 PL goals playing for a team that got relegated. Our entire midfield this season has 6 goals between them. I don't think he'd start for us, but having someone who can offer a threat from distance could be very useful in the last 20 mins of games where teams park the bus and camp inside their own box.

I agree, it would be nice to have a long-range merchant on the pitch for when we need to mix it up. Defo should be good enough for the domestic cup games when we need to give our main team a rest. I say give him at least one season to prove himself, if 19-year-old academy Rhys Williams can hold his own then I'm sure Wilson's performances arent isn't going to be any worse especially if we only use him as an impact sub or starter for the cups.

I don't get this Wilson hype. He didn't exactly shake the world playing for Bournemouth in the PL.
TBH not exactly where he could shine though, as an offensive player most often having to defend since they were shite and relegated. One has to assume that in a team dominating possession and haveing umpteeen shots on target (without scoring) he'd have more success.

TBH not exactly where he could shine though, as an offensive player most often having to defend since they were shite and relegated. One has to assume that in a team dominating possession and haveing umpteeen shots on target (without scoring) he'd have more success.
Surely if he's so good a lot of top teams would be after him. Internationally as well.
I just don't see it. People get hung up on his goals, but you've got to watch him play and I've seen him play several times and from what I can tell, he just has a great shot.
He's not particularly quick or strong. Not much of a playmaker or passer.
Basically what you're getting is Matty Taylor without defensive skills. Remember him, used play for Portsmouth?
If you're fine with that, then sure, give him a chance.

Linked with Watford on loan.

[article]Harvey Elliott says age will be no excuse for him next season at Liverpool.

The 18 year-old is hoping for a Liverpool chance after a successful loan with Blackburn Rovers.

Asked about his target for the new campaign, Elliott said: "Just to be in the team, that's it. There's no blockage in age now.

"You see youngsters all the time in football so I can't use that as an excuse. I need to go in and show people I can be trusted and can play for the team."

Elliott, speaking in the latest Ranks FC podcast, also determined what he needs to bring to his game to seriously challenge the likes of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

"Goals," he said. "If you look at Salah, he's just goals, goals, goals, goals, goals. He's always thinking about getting into the right positions and how to score when they come.

"I need to adapt that in my game. I personally think the assists and passes will come if I'm in the right position to play those passes. But now it's about working on my goals and my speed.[/article]

I could understand the desire to keep Wilson if we expect to play against a low block more and more - we lack a threat from distance and perhaps he is the player in our ranks to address that (although Ox is great at distance shooting but we still rarely give him a go).

It will ultimately come down to whether anyone will pay the right price, otherwise I could see him being a bench warmer.

What is his passing like? I know little of him, but he seems lightweight and you only ever see his goals but is he good at crossing, key passes etc?

Linked with Watford on loan.

[article]Harvey Elliott says age will be no excuse for him next season at Liverpool.

The 18 year-old is hoping for a Liverpool chance after a successful loan with Blackburn Rovers.

Asked about his target for the new campaign, Elliott said: "Just to be in the team, that's it. There's no blockage in age now.

"You see youngsters all the time in football so I can't use that as an excuse. I need to go in and show people I can be trusted and can play for the team."

Elliott, speaking in the latest Ranks FC podcast, also determined what he needs to bring to his game to seriously challenge the likes of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

"Goals," he said. "If you look at Salah, he's just goals, goals, goals, goals, goals. He's always thinking about getting into the right positions and how to score when they come.

"I need to adapt that in my game. I personally think the assists and passes will come if I'm in the right position to play those passes. But now it's about working on my goals and my speed.[/article]

Well if reports are to believe we are selling Shaq and Ox so our attacking midfield creative hopes are pretty much lying on Curtis, Minamino and this young guy (Thiago and Keita are more defensive playmakers).

Minamino found himself playing on the last man, as a striker, against Tajikstan on Monday, scoring Japan's second goal of four in the World Cup qualifying clash.

That goal saw him tie Keisuke Honda's record of scoring in seven straight qualifying games - but it was the nature of his goal that will have caught the attention of those at both St Mary's and Anfield.

Minamino showed great movement to draw both central defenders to the penalty spot before bursting to the near post to turn in Kyogo Furuhashi's low-driven cross, making clear his talents in a role that Saints are looking to strengthen this season.

That's the kind of form which prompted some of our players to recommend we buy him in the first place, but if it's not going to click for him at Anfield we're better off with the money.

Interesting manager they have

[article]Livingston FC is delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lewis on a season-long-loan from English Premier League giants Liverpool.

The 21-year-old joins the Lions after spending the first-half of last season on loan at French second tier side Amiens SC before returning to England in January and spending the remainder of the campaign in League 1 with Plymouth Argyle, where he scored his first senior goal on his first start for the Pilgrims.

A Scouser and boyhood Red, Lewis joined the Liverpool Academy at U6 level and has progressed through the Kirkby ranks to the U23 side after captaining the U18s under Steven Gerrard in 2017-18.

Lewis is highly regarded behind the scenes at Anfield, and boasts the Liverpool icon, and current Rangers manager, as one of his high-profile admirers.

Gerrard spent a spell as Adam’s coach in the youth set-up on Merseyside, with the former England captain stating that Lewis was one of the best players going forward he had seen at under-18 level.

The England U20 international made his first-team debut in the FA Cup fourth-round replay win over Shrewsbury Town at Anfield in February 2020 and has also regularly trained with Jürgen Klopp’s senior squad. He signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool in July 2020 – his second fresh deal in the space of 17 months.

As well as most recently featuring for the England U20 side, Adam has also represented his country at U16, U17 and U19 level.

Manager David Martindale said: “I am excited to bring a player of Adam’s quality in to the club. From the first phone call that led to me researching the player, I have had nothing but positivity about the lad. I really like what I have seen from the footage and the opinions I have had back on the player have all been very good.

“Adam can play anywhere on the left-hand side but has played a lot at left-back. I think with the qualities he possesses, we will see him higher up the park influencing the game in the opponent’s half.

“He has a great left foot and can look after the ball in tight situations. He is a competitor with a will to win and fits right into the ethos at the club.

“He is taking a big chance by moving his young family up to Scotland which speaks volumes for the lad. I have no doubt we will be a good fit for one another.

“It’s fantastic to be trusted with players of this calibre from one of the biggest football clubs in the world and hopefully this leads to further Liverpool FC prospects making their way up to Livingston FC. It’s a win-win for both parties as we get a player whom financially would not be on our radar and the player gets some much needed game time to progress and enhance their development in a very competitive league.”

Adam will join up with the squad for pre-season at which point, we’ll bring you an exclusive interview with the new recruit on LFC Live.

Welcome to Livingston, Adam![/article]

Last edited:

[article]
Preston North End are pleased to confirm Liverpool defender Sepp van den Berg will return to the club on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old defender, who has played four times for the Reds’ senior team, joined the Lilywhites on loan in February for the remainder of the 2020/21 campaign and went on to feature 16 times in the Championship.

Sepp becomes PNE's second signing of the summer, following the arrival of Liam Lindsay from Stoke City, and he will report to pre-season training at the beginning of July with the rest of the squad ahead of his first full season with the Lilywhites.

Speaking after completing the deal, Sepp said: "I’m very pleased. I said it last season at the end that I would love to come back and I was really happy it worked out. I’m just looking forward to playing a whole season now and playing from the start.

“Hopefully I’ll see the fans very soon and of course see the players and the staff again. I really enjoyed last season so I’m just really excited for the upcoming season."

Meanwhile, head coach Frankie McAvoy said: “We’re absolutely delighted. We’re very grateful to Liverpool for allowing him to come back here and obviously to Sepp for choosing to come back to us.

“He loved his time here last season. He’s a young boy learning his trade and for me he’s fitted in well with a group that made him feel welcome and a part of it.

“He came as a right centre back. He didn’t get many games playing in that position, but he fitted in really well as a right back and then as a right wing back. I thought he was fantastic. I think he’s done really well and we’ll see how he does at right centre back.

“What he’s got to try and do is go again for the second time and hopefully produce what I and the coaching staff believe that he’s capable of.”
[/article]

[article]Sepp van den Berg says he’s looking forward to being reunited with the PNE squad and coaching staff after sealing his return on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The 19-year-old spent the second half of the last campaign at Deepdale, featuring 16 times, and he spoke openly about his wish to come back to the club again for the 2021/22 season.

PNE shared those hopes and, now that the deal has been confirmed, Sepp is excited to get back to England to join up with his team-mates.

Speaking to iFollow PNE via Zoom, Sepp said: “I’m very pleased. I said it last season at the end that I would love to come back and I was really happy it worked out. I’m just looking forward to playing a whole season now and playing from the start.

“Hopefully I’ll see the fans very soon and of course see the players and the staff again. I really enjoyed last season so I’m just really excited for the upcoming season.

“The players who were there last season, I liked every one of them, so coming back now and knowing most of them is really nice. Especially for a loan player who comes in, of course it’s always new, but now I come back for the second year and knowing the staff and most of the players is just really good. It gives you a good feeling straight away and really helps, so I’m happy with that.”

Sepp started his senior career early in the Netherlands before moving to England to join Liverpool in 2019, where he has made four appearances in cup football, while most of his time has been spent with the U23s.

His loan at PNE last season was his first experience of league football in England, but the defender never looked out of place, even playing out of his more natural position of centre half.

“It was tough,” he added. “Coming from Holland to Liverpool was a big step and playing in the Championship is hard. It’s really physical, really quick as well. I’ve been running a lot on the right wing at right back, but it’s been really good.

“I feel like me developing as a player has been really good. I’ve played most of the games since I joined so it’s been a good step and now with this season I just want to continue with what I was doing and hopefully do even better.

“U23s football is good as well but I felt like I needed that other step. Championship football is, in my opinion, a very good league and very hard football, so playing regularly here every weekend, every game basically, was really good for me so hopefully I can do the same this season.

“Last season I really enjoyed playing right back to be fair, even right wing back. Like I said last season, it developed me as well, helped me more one-v-one and more attacking wise, but I would love to play centre back more this season just to show everyone I can play there as well. I will try to impress the gaffer and hopefully he will play me centre back this season.”

When fans will be allowed to return to stadia remains to be fully confirmed by the Government and local authorities, but Sepp is hoping he will soon be able to introduce himself to the PNE fans, who have so far only watched him from their sofas.

He said: “I haven’t seen one fan. Since I came the stadium’s been empty so I’m just looking forward to seeing people in the stadium cheering us on.

“Of course the dream is as many people as possible, but let’s just wait on the new rules to come in, but I’m really excited to see them.”[/article]

[article]
Preston North End are pleased to confirm Liverpool defender Sepp van den Berg will return to the club on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old defender, who has played four times for the Reds’ senior team, joined the Lilywhites on loan in February for the remainder of the 2020/21 campaign and went on to feature 16 times in the Championship.

Sepp becomes PNE's second signing of the summer, following the arrival of Liam Lindsay from Stoke City, and he will report to pre-season training at the beginning of July with the rest of the squad ahead of his first full season with the Lilywhites.

Speaking after completing the deal, Sepp said: "I’m very pleased. I said it last season at the end that I would love to come back and I was really happy it worked out. I’m just looking forward to playing a whole season now and playing from the start.

“Hopefully I’ll see the fans very soon and of course see the players and the staff again. I really enjoyed last season so I’m just really excited for the upcoming season."

Meanwhile, head coach Frankie McAvoy said: “We’re absolutely delighted. We’re very grateful to Liverpool for allowing him to come back here and obviously to Sepp for choosing to come back to us.

“He loved his time here last season. He’s a young boy learning his trade and for me he’s fitted in well with a group that made him feel welcome and a part of it.

“He came as a right centre back. He didn’t get many games playing in that position, but he fitted in really well as a right back and then as a right wing back. I thought he was fantastic. I think he’s done really well and we’ll see how he does at right centre back.

“What he’s got to try and do is go again for the second time and hopefully produce what I and the coaching staff believe that he’s capable of.”
[/article]

[article]Sepp van den Berg says he’s looking forward to being reunited with the PNE squad and coaching staff after sealing his return on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The 19-year-old spent the second half of the last campaign at Deepdale, featuring 16 times, and he spoke openly about his wish to come back to the club again for the 2021/22 season.

PNE shared those hopes and, now that the deal has been confirmed, Sepp is excited to get back to England to join up with his team-mates.

Speaking to iFollow PNE via Zoom, Sepp said: “I’m very pleased. I said it last season at the end that I would love to come back and I was really happy it worked out. I’m just looking forward to playing a whole season now and playing from the start.

“Hopefully I’ll see the fans very soon and of course see the players and the staff again. I really enjoyed last season so I’m just really excited for the upcoming season.

“The players who were there last season, I liked every one of them, so coming back now and knowing most of them is really nice. Especially for a loan player who comes in, of course it’s always new, but now I come back for the second year and knowing the staff and most of the players is just really good. It gives you a good feeling straight away and really helps, so I’m happy with that.”

Sepp started his senior career early in the Netherlands before moving to England to join Liverpool in 2019, where he has made four appearances in cup football, while most of his time has been spent with the U23s.

His loan at PNE last season was his first experience of league football in England, but the defender never looked out of place, even playing out of his more natural position of centre half.

“It was tough,” he added. “Coming from Holland to Liverpool was a big step and playing in the Championship is hard. It’s really physical, really quick as well. I’ve been running a lot on the right wing at right back, but it’s been really good.

“I feel like me developing as a player has been really good. I’ve played most of the games since I joined so it’s been a good step and now with this season I just want to continue with what I was doing and hopefully do even better.

“U23s football is good as well but I felt like I needed that other step. Championship football is, in my opinion, a very good league and very hard football, so playing regularly here every weekend, every game basically, was really good for me so hopefully I can do the same this season.

“Last season I really enjoyed playing right back to be fair, even right wing back. Like I said last season, it developed me as well, helped me more one-v-one and more attacking wise, but I would love to play centre back more this season just to show everyone I can play there as well. I will try to impress the gaffer and hopefully he will play me centre back this season.”

When fans will be allowed to return to stadia remains to be fully confirmed by the Government and local authorities, but Sepp is hoping he will soon be able to introduce himself to the PNE fans, who have so far only watched him from their sofas.

He said: “I haven’t seen one fan. Since I came the stadium’s been empty so I’m just looking forward to seeing people in the stadium cheering us on.

“Of course the dream is as many people as possible, but let’s just wait on the new rules to come in, but I’m really excited to see them.”[/article]

PNE just signed a RB on free transfer from relegated Rotherham. Looks like van den Berg will get to play as CB

They finished 10th out of 22 teams in the Segunda Division last season. He worked with their new Head Coach, Lolo Escobar when he was at Salamanca last season.

According to Wikipedia he managed 4 appearances for Salamanca last season, 5 for some Czech club the season before and 0 for Gent the season before that.

One to keep an eye on!

Another Awoniyi/Allan de Souza player we sign as a false hope and never get to see.

[article]Adam Lewis says words of praise from Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard meant so much – but it’ll be worth nothing when Livingston meet Rangers on the cinch Premiership’s opening day.

Versatile full-back Lewis has joined Livingston on loan from Liverpool for the 2021/22 season. He made his debut for David Martindale’s team in the weekend’s Premier Sports Cup group stage victory over Brechin City, Livingston winning 3-0 ahead of a first league match with champions Rangers later this month.

Current Rangers manager Gerrard was Lewis’ Liverpool U18s coach and said he hadn’t ‘seen anyone as good as him at that age’ going forward. Lewis says the praise was huge (DM): “It was massive for me when Steven spoke so highly of me because he’s my hero.

“I’ve always looked up to him. But that won’t matter to me on July 31. I’m here to play for Livingston and that’s my main focus. I’m looking forward to going up against Steven’s team.”[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom