• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Arsenal comparison

bluebell

Well-Known
When i look at the Arse I see us when we were at peak Klopp where Mane, Salah and Bobby would press the opposition defence relentlessly. Remember we got to a CL final with Karius in goal. Trent and Robbo gave us width and 20+ assists.
Arteta has learned alot from Klopp... He sets his team to make a high intensity start in the first 30 mins where they try to score 1-2 goals.
I don't think Slot and Hughes will sign players that are going to be big names, they'll what they see as unpolished gems, but I hope the intensity we had a few years ago returns

The biggest comparisons I see are:

1. They faced a near miss that galvanised them (although let's see if they have two near misses)
2. Their squad spirit is sky high. Look at how they celebrate every goal, every win. Some of it is over the top, but that is how the build that togetherness. Think about how we celebrated that Forest winner - that is how Arsenal seem to celebrate in every game.

I do kinda hope they come second, because I know a few Arsenal fans. However I also applaud the way they've built a squad that was designed to grow into its skin with players all waiting to hit their peaks around the same time.

The Arse winning the league won't be repeated the following season, where as Man City winning it will create history, something bever achieved before. So I want the Arse to win it.
Look at how the Arse have blown teams away, they move the ball a lot faster and more accurately than we do

The Arse winning the league won't be repeated the following season, where as Man City winning it will create history, something bever achieved before. So I want the Arse to win it.
Look at how the Arse have blown teams away, they move the ball a lot faster and more accurately than we do
That will be expelled from the record next year.

That will be expelled from the record next year.
very much doubt it... Not to get into Israel-Hammas thing. The US invaded Iraq and Osama Bin Laden wasn't even there but Hamas leadership is in Qatar and not even the Israelis have the courage to ask for them to be handed over to the Hague, so I doubt our little Rishi will allow an Emirati Asset to be punished

What the fuck has that pint sized blert got to do with it? Nobody listens to him or the pig shagger.

When I look at the Arse and what trophies they've won under Arteta the last 5 years, I see nothing.

All well and good learning and implementing (copying) the work of others, especially the work of managers who have achieved success from that style of play. It's not exactly rocket science.

The only real resemblance I see is that both sides were able to field their strongest XI game after game & they've not had to overcome any kind of setback this season. If they don't win the title this season, they never will again.

I mean…. They have a young team, so they’re basically set to challenge for the next 3-4 seasons.

The issues come when they have to start paying top wages instead of kids on the way up - but they don’t need to add much to that squad - striker (maybe) and a midfielder to replace Jorginho at some point.

Just want saka to throw a strop and ask to leave to win

I'd prefer Arsenal to win it. At least they have done it the 'right way'. Despite Arteta being a cunt (aren't they all once they're ahead of us)?

We can all hope the 115 PL titles will be expunged and they are relegated but it's probably odds against that happening (relegation maybe, records expunged unlikely) and I don't want them creating 'history' by cheating.

Last edited:
Fuck Arsenal. They are nothing like our team that made 3 CL Finals and could easily have won 3 titles too.

I'd prefer Arsenal to win it. At least they have done it the 'right way'. Despite Arteta being a cunt (aren't they all once they're ahead of us)?

We can all hope the 115 PL wins will be expunged and they are relegated but it's probably odds against that happening (relegation maybe, records expunged unlikely) and I don't want them creating 'history' by cheating.
expunging 115 PL wins? So a 345 point deduction ... I like it

Or do you mean downgrade each of the wins to a draw, so only a 230 point deduction? Still not too bad

Either option will leave them somewhere below the Isthmian premier league

Back
Top Bottom