• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case in point. Ince was banging them in last season but he's not worth £8m?

Personally if we were to go for Ince I don't think £8m would be too over the top, maybe a couple of million more than he's worth but no massive deal. Incidentally, what are we actually paying for Alberto now? I've sort of lost track. Is it 7.5m pounds or euros? If euros, what's that? About £6.5m? Doesn't seem *that* excessive.

If you're going via youtube solely gotta say i'm not really that impressed.

Lack of pace is not really my problem. I saw an article on a review about him as a player during his time at barcelona b and it was that he 'makes runs like kaka', and has good stamina. Those were his standout attributes.

He doesn't have great technique or skill either. Once the ball goes out wide he seems fairly unbalanced and you don't ever get the impression he can take on a man or beat them with skill either. He does however have a decent strike of the ball and that could be again one of his better attributes.

Of course its youtube and I hope we unearth this apparent gem into something for the future.

I do trust brendan though. The kind of players we've signed and be linked with are the ones you'd be hoping for us to be signing.

Personally if we were to go for Ince I don't think £8m would be too over the top, maybe a couple of million more than he's worth but no massive deal. Incidentally, what are we actually paying for Alberto now? I've sort of lost track. Is it 7.5m pounds or euros? If euros, what's that? About £6.5m? Doesn't seem *that* excessive.

We could get good players for that money., like this guy who moved for a little bit more:

We could get good players for that money., like this guy who moved for a little bit more:

Heung-Min Son snubbed interest from the Premier League to join Bayer Leverkusen as he preferred to remain in the Bundesliga, the attacker's agent has revealed.
Son, 20, joined the BayArena side from Hamburg for a reported fee of €10 million last week.

The transfer paved the way for Leverkusen winger Andre Schurrle to finally complete a switch to Chelsea, with the Bundesliga club having found their replacement for the Germany international.

Son's agent, Thies Bliemeister, claims his client could have ended up in the Premier League, but despite opting to remain in Germany, he does have ambitions of one day moving to England.

"Liverpool, Tottenham, Fulham, Southampton and Cardiff were all interested, Chelsea and [Manchester] City scouted Son. I am of the opinion he could have played at clubs like Liverpool or Tottenham," Bliemeister told Bild.

"But I believe Leverkusen is the best step for the next two or three years to develop further. Of course, the Premier League could be the destination at some point. But the Bundesliga is getting better and more interesting every day. He does not want to leave that stage."

The South Korea international also explained that it was time for him to make the next step - one that he is very much looking forward to.

"I had a wonderful time in Hamburg. But I am delighted that I now make the next step and will be able to play Champions League football," he told Express. "That is important for me looking towards the World Cup. Bayer is a great destination."

Son also claims he had the opportunity to move to Borussia Dortmund, but says he chose Leverkusen as he believes he has a better chance of gaining regular first-team football there.

"Both teams play Champions League football, but I figured that there will be more rotation in Dortmund. That's why I decided for Leverkusen. At my age the most important thing is to play regularly," he said.

Son is currently away with the South Korea national team, who have a vital World Cup qualifier coming up against Iran on Tuesday.

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/213915.html#

If we were linked to spending £8m on a kid from the Championship there'd be more people questioning this.

I don't know - it can go both ways. We'd probably know more about him and be better placed to speculate as to whether he's worth it.

I don't know why Barca didn't take up their option but I don't think should necessarily be held against him. They've just spent 50M on Neymar, have the likes of Villa (for now), Sanchez, Pedro and Tello for the wide positions as well as Fabregas, Iniesta and Thiago for the more central positions.

And other examples of good players that have made it despite languishing in the second tier into their late teens and in some cases beyond - Pedro (who apparently was going to be dumped until Pep stepped in), Busquests, Mata, Alba, Soldado.... and the list goes on. As I said, in Spain it's more common.

What's the point of making half a comparison to some of the games best players if you're not ?

I see where you're coming from, don't rule out less than impressive Barca B goal tallies - but you can't ignore the fact that the other players had done way more by age 20 than Alberto.

I made it clear I wasn't using the comparison to highlight what I thought he'd become - I don't know what he'll become because I've only ever seen youtube clips. I just wanted to highlight his stats are fairly impressive for an attacking midfielder. As I said earlier, I have no clue if we've found a stud ... or a dud. But I wouldn't rule him out because of his age etc

Sevilla's Luis Alberto will have a medical at Liverpool on Friday after a £6.8million deal was agreed between the two clubs.
The 20-year-old, who will sign on a four-year deal, has been on loan at Barcelona B and had expected to stay at Sevilla, but the cash-strapped club have had to let the striker leave.
Barcelona decided not to take up their option to sign him permanently at the end of his loan stint, and Alberto could be Liverpool's second striker signing of the summer after a deal was agreed for Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo

Impossible it would never happen. He hasn't played in la liga and doesn't look completely lightweight so he's not a rodgers type player.

Spain has good players coming out of its ears at the moment and I'm confident he has been properly scouted by the Transfer Committee. After the January window I'm confident that every player we bring in will be a success and I can't wait for next season.

Spain has good players coming out of its ears at the moment and I'm confident he has been properly scouted by the Transfer Committee. After the January window I'm confident that every player we bring in will be a success and I can't wait for next season.

Glad to see you have nice and grounded expectations.

There are many Spaniards in England doing well. Seeing them succeed excites me. I'm looking forward to this great step

I am excited to go to a club like Liverpool, a new culture, a new language. I have to adapt quickly.

Never heard of him but he's Spanish and has something to do with Barcelona. He will be brilliant, stay for a while then demand a move somewhere better/shit, skulk around in the reserves and hang around like Diao stinking the place out. I'm delighted/dismayed.

Isnt Luis Albertos fee is just a half of the fee Utd are paying for Zaha?
Puts things in to context regarding buying British players.

A deal is not expected to be completed before the weekend but Alberto will almost certainly be Brendan Rodgers' third signing - after Kolo Toure and Iago Aspas - of the summer by next week.
"I'm very much looking forward to it," Alberto said.
"I'm going to a club like Liverpool, a new culture, a new language, I have to adapt quickly but I'm really looking forward to this big step.
"There are many Spaniards in England and they are doing quite well.
"Seeing all of them succeeding there motivates me even more."

Alberto, who came though the ranks at Sevilla, spent last season on loan at Barcelona B - scoring 11 times in the second division - but the Catalans did not take up their option to sign him permanently.

He admits, however, it will be a wrench to leave his hometown club.
"I've always said that this is the club where I grew up, it's my home," he told Spanish newspaper Diario de Sevilla.
"I owe a lot to Sevilla, although I'm leaving a little hurt because I haven't had the chance to show what I can do in the Primera Division.
"It seems like I was going to return to Sevilla, but the Liverpool thing came up and it's a very important step.
"I've had to take a difficult and important decision and I hope I've got it right."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...a-midfielder-arrives-for-medical-8668345.html

Isnt Luis Albertos fee is just a half of the fee Utd are paying for Zaha?
Puts things in to context regarding buying British players.

It doesn't really, Zaha looks much better than Alberto from the very little i've seen.

I wouldn't worry about him not being good enough for Barcelona. There's only a handful of players in this entire league who would get in their side.
I can count at least 11 - Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez & Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom