• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
coleman0_1880611c.jpg

Coutinho...to Alberto...through to Iago....one-nil! And United have been undressed!

Superb!

Another very exciting prospect, must admit it's hard not to get all fired up for the new Season.

We will, once again, reign supreme and win everything. Fact.

We need a vocal Hyppia type defender who can dominate and command the back 4. I know for sure that we'll be getting in defenders even if it is a logical deduction. Having the amount of attacking taelnt in and scoring goals won't mean a damn thing if we concede all the time. We need a few hard men in the team. We're a bit soft.

Believe me I agree. I had the jitters everytime a high ball came in. We suffered for it against the likes of Stoke and Sunderland.
Totally agree. for me we have never replaced what hyypia brought to the team. The way he dominated the back 4 was amazing and he would chip in with vital goals as well.

I hope he's good, of course I do, but I can't get excited over a kid who has played fuck all first team football except a Mickey Mouse 2nd division.

And hasn't even burned up that division

Can you elaborate what 'burning up' is for a 20 year old kid in that division?

I am not saying he'll be even 1% of the player, but Iniesta's stats with Barcelona B were 54 appearances, 5 goals ... Xavi's was 4 goals in 61 appearances ... Thiago, the player someone may pay 20 million for, got 3 in 59 ...

Luis Alberto got 11 goals in 38 appearances, one less than all those players combined.

I want Luis Alberto at Liverpool. I'm putting my faith in BR to bring in the right players.

Can you elaborate what 'burning up' is for a 20 year old kid in that division?

I am not saying he'll be even 1% of the player, but Iniesta's stats with Barcelona B were 54 appearances, 5 goals ... Xavi's was 4 goals in 61 appearances ... Thiago, the player someone may pay 20 million for, got 3 in 59 ...

Luis Alberto got 11 goals in 38 appearances, one less than all those players combined.

Weren't they all about 17 when they did that, and were playing first team football by the time they were Luis Alberto's age? Because there's a world of difference.

Thomas Ince is probably a better comparison, different leagues yeah but he's performed better at a similar age in the second division in his country. ( I wouldn't be mad about signing him either)

Weren't they all about 17 when they did that, and were playing first team football by the time they were Luis Alberto's age? Because there's a world of difference.

Thomas Ince is probably a better comparison, different leagues yeah but he's performed better at a similar age in the second division in his country. ( I wouldn't be mad about signing him either)

Iniesta - 18-20
Xavi - 17-20
Thiago - 17-20

Even Messi, who played there player there from 16-17 (6 goals in 22 appearances), didn't do that well ... and before you pull up the age, he scored the same amount of goals as an 18 year old in La Liga (6 in 17)!

None of us probably watch La Liga B, or have seen a full game with Luis Alberto, but none of us know how he's played at that level and how good he is. I guess we have to hope we hit the jackpot as we do with Coutinho ... time will tell.

One thing worth noting is that when our interest was first mooted on twitter, the continental hacks were all claiming it to be a very canny bit of business.

Iniesta - 18-20
Xavi - 17-20
Thiago - 17-20

Even Messi, who played there player there from 16-17 (6 goals in 22 appearances), didn't do that well ... and before you pull up the age, he scored the same amount of goals as an 18 year old in La Liga (6 in 17)!

None of us probably watch La Liga B, or have seen a full game with Luis Alberto, but none of us know how he's played at that level and how good he is. I guess we have to hope we hit the jackpot as we do with Coutinho ... time will tell.

I can ever figure out why people want to make our signings look better than they are.

Xavi at age 19 was La Ligas breakthrough player of the year. Messi as you put forward yourself did more in the first team at age 17 than Alberto has thus far. At age 20 Iniesta was a regular at Barca. They were all way more advanced at age 20 than Alberto is. Which is why I think the comparison is misleading at best

But they were all still involved in Barcelona B @ 20 and were doing nothing special. Look at Pedro's rise from Barcelona B ... Only people who know if Luis Alberto has what it takes are those who watched his matches. None of us have - he may be a hidden diamond, he may be shite. Who knows ...

Have people been saying we're getting an Iniesta in Luis Alberto or something? What have I missed?

I don't follow the second league so it's hard to say what this guy is like. 7M is a lot of money in the context of La Liga so I can't imagine this guy is without talent - that is unless we're getting bent over.

I don't think it's too much of an issue that he's still playing in the second league at whatever age he's at - it's more common in Spain.

But they were all still involved in Barcelona B @ 20 and were doing nothing special.

I've just shown you why that isn't true

And the big difference between Alberto and all the other players you mentioned is Barcelona thought the rest of them were good enough for their first team

I've just shown you why that isn't true

And the big difference between Alberto and all the other players you mentioned is Barcelona thought the rest of them were good enough for their first team

I agree with you on the fact that 7.5 million appears to be very high for a player who has not broken into the first team.

However, I don't think we can use the fact that Barca rejected him to undermine his quality as a player. Barca are pretty much flush with attacking midfield talent. Xavi even though he is aging has made no comments about retiring. Iniesta, Fabregas. Even Thiago is struggling to get games. They also have Delfounso (sp?) who is coming through and there might be others in their youth team whom I not aware of. Maybe Barca thought that given the amount of talent they have and coming through, they did not want to invest 3-4 m euros on Alberto.

Also even if he is a level below the above mentioned talent he can still prove to be a very canny purchase for us.

He certainly could still be a good purchase. But we're not buying a sure thing by any stretch

Why are Seville loaning him out, how many talented players do they have.

Was he highly regarded as younger or something?

Who said we were?

What's the point of making half a comparison to some of the games best players if you're not ?

I see where you're coming from, don't rule out less than impressive Barca B goal tallies - but you can't ignore the fact that the other players had done way more by age 20 than Alberto.

If we were linked to spending £8m on a kid from the Championship there'd be more people questioning this.
Most championship players tend to not have a lot of skills. One can hope that a youth player from the Spanish second tier, where ball control and technique is given much more emphasis in development of youth than tactics and athleticism (seems to have been the english way forever) might be of a higher calibre to his english counterpart.
No idea if that's the case with him, but one can only hope.

I wouldn't worry about the fact he hasn't broken into their full team. Is there any room for him? The players in front of him are some of the best in the world. Barca seem to be okay with letting Thiago leave, who is an excellent player already.

Perhaps Barca we're okay with him leaving as they didn't feel they had the room to develop him. I'm sure if he proves them wrong they'll have no problem bringing him back 'home'.

I've no idea if we're getting a star. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom