• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of him. He clearly has ability, and we're unlikely to lose much even if he doesn't make it here. It's not that big a gamble from where I'm sitting.

I'll only start complaining if we're sitting here in August with a gazillion new attacking midfielders and no new defenders, but I'd like to think that Rodgers isn't that stupid. And his transfers of late have been excellent, so he's bought himself a bit of faith from me.

Done deal according to twitter twatter

"@Youngcules: Luis Alberto to Liverpool deal seems to have been agreed. Deal to be made official shortly." LaMasia

More than a few players in but only Andy Carroll out so far.

This is turning out to be quite some transfer window. Winds of change are refreshing.

I'm surprised with the amount of attacking players we're signing - Alberto, Henrikh, Atsu, Aspas. I don't know if we're operating under the assumption now that Suarez is definitely going but that's reasonable squad depth in the forward positions, if you add Coutinho, Borini and Sturridge to the mix. I presume that Alberto and Henrikh will operate as the no.10s, Coutinho/Sterling on the left, with Aspas/Atsu on the right. But I suppose it could be much more fluid than that. Delicious.

Its refreshing that we're signing so much attacking talent. It gives us plenty of options which we've lacked for years and is welcome change to the dearth of attacking talent at the club.

"Luis Alberto is Sevilla's because Barcelona have not exercised their option to purchase," he told the Spanish club's television channel.
"Interest from Liverpool is real but nothing is signed. The player has received an important offer, but at the moment he is a Sevilla player.
"The first offer the club has is very good, but we are not satisfied yet."
Monchi said Alberto's spell at Barcelona, for whom he scored 11 goals in the second division, had increased his price.
"I recall that a fuss was made when we loaned him out," he added. "As it stands, we all agree that he now has a better value in the market and has grown as a footballer.
"Is it a good deal to sell him for the figures they speak of? The offer we have on the table is a very good one with respect to where Luis is currently.
"We don't know what will happen in the future. To date, we haven't accepted the offer."

I've not seen anything of this lad but neither had 70% people seen anything / enough of zaha so I'm not sure this figure is far off what he should be given his apparent t e k k e r s

LFC have tabled a bid of £5.5m for Luis Alberto, but Sevilla are likely to demand closer to £7m. (Liverpool Echo)

I'm surprised with the amount of attacking players we're signing - Alberto, Henrikh, Atsu, Aspas. I don't know if we're operating under the assumption now that Suarez is definitely going but that's reasonable squad depth in the forward positions, if you add Coutinho, Borini and Sturridge to the mix. I presume that Alberto and Henrikh will operate as the no.10s, Coutinho/Sterling on the left, with Aspas/Atsu on the right. But I suppose it could be much more fluid than that. Delicious.

I am surprised but pleased. We need serious firepower.

I am surprised but pleased. We need serious firepower.
Why? Are we struggling scoring goals? As long as he adds steel to our midfield and gets a couple of CB's im happy. If not then it looks like Rodgers is going the way of the Wenger way of defending and we'll continue to leak goals in most games. And we'll just continue to be outside the top 4.

Why? Are we struggling scoring goals? As long as he adds steel to our midfield and gets a couple of CB's im happy. If not then it looks like Rodgers is going the way of the Wenger way of defending and we'll continue to leak goals in most games. And we'll just continue to be outside the top 4.

we are struggling for breadth and depth in goals. most big teams have massive firepower-, we on the other hand don't. i'm not saying to not invest in a defence, but what I am saying is that it is really pleasing to see us having a full complement of strikers and wingers (4-6 excluding youngsters). When is the least time we had something like this?

As a team we improved on our goals scored but if we look at the list of scorers, league wise, it reads:

Suarez 23
Sturridge 10
Gerrard 9
Henderson 5
Agger, Coutinho, Downing 3

Gerrard is already 33 while we face the prospect of losing Suarez. On the back of the last 6 months, Coutinho and Sturridge looks good on the goals+assists front but teams will be more aware of Coutinho in the coming season while there will be times the likes of Sturridge goes through barren spell. That's not taking into consideration injuries/suspensions.

we are struggling for breadth and depth in goals. most big teams have massive firepower-, we on the other hand don't. i'm not saying to not invest in a defence, but what I am saying is that it is really pleasing to see us having a full complement of strikers and wingers (4-6 excluding youngsters). When is the least time we had something like this?
BR is giving us options in attack. We haven't struggled too much defensively and we'll sign defenders next week after all our attacking target are done and dusted.

Liverpool have €7.5m + add-ons bid for Luis Alberto accepted

Liverpool have had a bid for Spanish forward Luis Alberto accepted by the Sevilla, according to Marca.
The Spanish newspaper reports this afternoon (Wednesday) that Alberto will begin the final stages of completing his move to Anfield today after Sevilla agreed an improved offer from the Reds.

Liverpool had initially had a bid turned down this week but Marca report that a lucrative deal of around €7.5million plus variable add-ons as Alberto’s career progresses as well as a percentage of any sell-on fees the Reds get for the 20-year-old has convinced Sevilla.

7.5 is steep

hopefully it'll look like a great deal in 12 months

http://kioskoymas.abc.es/noticias/o.../sevp-luis-alberto-regresa-para-20130620.html

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Luis Alberto: "Everything is going very fast. I went on holidays after a tough season and suddenly they call me saying I should return. So many things have happened in one year. First Barcelona B last year. And now Liverpool, it's amazing..."

Luis Alberto spent the night in his hometown. In Seville today, then expected flight to Liverpool at 21:00. Medical tests tomorrow.

note: new mentions in the press of luis alberto transfer fees > 7.5M+1M easy incentives [marca] > 7.5M+2M incentives [abc de sevilla]

I'm quite excited about this one, although more than happy to admit it's based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.
I was going to post something similar but thought you'd jump on it!

Maybe the Countiho signing has caused this unfounded excitement.

I'm quite excited about this one, although more than happy to admit it's based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Im a bit like that about Alberto, Aspas, Mkhtaryian and everyone else we are linked with.
If Roy or Kenny was here we would be linked to Gareth Barry, Shaun Maloney and Grant Holt

BR is giving us options in attack. We haven't struggled too much defensively and we'll sign defenders next week after all our attacking target are done and dusted.

Liverpool have €7.5m + add-ons bid for Luis Alberto accepted

Liverpool have had a bid for Spanish forward Luis Alberto accepted by the Sevilla, according to Marca.
The Spanish newspaper reports this afternoon (Wednesday) that Alberto will begin the final stages of completing his move to Anfield today after Sevilla agreed an improved offer from the Reds.

Liverpool had initially had a bid turned down this week but Marca report that a lucrative deal of around €7.5million plus variable add-ons as Alberto’s career progresses as well as a percentage of any sell-on fees the Reds get for the 20-year-old has convinced Sevilla.
How have we not struggled defensively? Our defense was poor last season and looked like conceeded everytime a cross came in. And your other statement is pure guess work.

Just his name gets me excited.... he sounds like one of them old school Brazilian superstars.... obviously he will be a new gem....

How have we not struggled defensively? Our defense was poor last season and looked like conceeded everytime a cross came in. And your other statement is pure guess work.
We may have looked like conceding everytime a cross came in but we are in the top 5 defensive records in the league. Its not pure guess work, its logical deduction. With Carra gone and both Coates and possibly Skrtel on the way out, do you honestly think that we won't get defensive re-inforcements? BR isn't so naive. I'm happy to be proven wrong. Let's resume this discussion after the transfer window closes.

We may have looked like conceding everytime a cross came in but we are in the top 5 defensive records in the league. Its not pure guess work, its logical deduction. With Carra gone and both Coates and possibly Skrtel on the way out, do you honestly think that we won't get defensive re-inforcements? BR isn't so naive. I'm happy to be proven wrong. Let's resume this discussion after the transfer window closes.
I'd like to think he will. Its just the way you said it was happening next week like you knew for certain. We may have had one of the best defensive records, but i know what i saw with my own eyes. Every time a cross came it whether it be a set piece, corner or just someone whipping it in from the byline we looked all over the place. The amount of times the opposition would have a free header was ridiculous. We were a shambles until Carra came back in and he did do a good job organising us, but we were still frail just not AS frail.

I'd like to think he will. Its just the way you said it was happening next week like you knew for certain. We may have had one of the best defensive records, but i know what i saw with my own eyes. Every time a cross came it whether it be a set piece, corner or just someone whipping it in from the byline we looked all over the place. The amount of times the opposition would have a free header was ridiculous. We were a shambles until Carra came back in and he did do a good job organising us, but we were still frail just not AS frail.
We need a vocal Hyppia type defender who can dominate and command the back 4. I know for sure that we'll be getting in defenders even if it is a logical deduction. Having the amount of attacking taelnt in and scoring goals won't mean a damn thing if we concede all the time. We need a few hard men in the team. We're a bit soft.

Believe me I agree. I had the jitters everytime a high ball came in. We suffered for it against the likes of Stoke and Sunderland.

coleman0_1880611c.jpg

Coutinho...to Alberto...through to Iago....one-nil! And United have been undressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom