• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man U (H) - post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well, that's got to be the end of Mourinho, hasn't it? Shame. It's been quite enjoyable these past few months.

They won't sack him after a match against us, if they're going to sack him, they'll wait another couple of games.

0_Liverpool-FC-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League.jpg

Put the BBC sports personalities of the year on and look at that fucking cunt Lewis Hamilton.

DocRockter

Pool players are nothing special, never has the League been so poor..

A goal was wrongfully taken from us and we never got it going.. Smalling in the squad would had changed a lot.

:D:D:D

Considering smalling is shite, and there actually wasn't a defensive error on their part (deflections are unlucky), he can fuck off

I thought Keita was good when he got the ball. Always charging forward and dribbled past his man many times. What a game. Again we wasted many golden opportunities to link up in the final third but what a dominating performance.

Our depth is on a level we have not had since I was a kid. This is an incredible time to be a Liverpool supporter but the issue is that we face one of the best teams assembled in English footy history. If we beat them, and we might, this will be the best league victory in our history given what we're facing and the points we'll require to do it.

Footy365.com's 16 conclusions:

[article]2) United’s line-up threw up a few surprises, if indeed we are still capable of being surprised by Mourinho’s selections. Matteo Darmian was selected for only the fourth time this season, initially playing in a back three alongside Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly, who only started after Chris Smalling picked up an injury in the warm-up.
Diogo Dalot and Ashley Young were the wing-backs selected in Mourinho’s 3-4-3, and the intention was seemingly to match Liverpool’s front three man-for-man, keep their full-backs occupied, and perhaps most crucially, to leave Klopp guessing as to their intentions.

It’s also worth bearing in mind that this is the very formation that Mourinho branded as ‘defensive’ when Antonio Conte used it in Chelsea’s title-winning 2016-17 campaign; how’s that for an indication of those intentions?[/article]
[article]4) It has been some years since Liverpool were a side that relied on successfully subjecting their opponents to an early-game blitz, but there was no doubting their early intentions in this game, which started in exactly the same manner as Tuesday’s win over Napoli had ended: with both sides playing as if it were under ‘next goal wins’ rules.

Predictably, it was the hosts that got the better of that state of affairs, with Roberto Firmino and Fabinho both going close, and Dejan Lovren having an effort cleared off the line by Ashley Young.

With Liverpool having failed to score in the league just twice in 2018, their opener seemed inevitable, and it came midway through the first half courtesy of Sadio Mane from a truly exceptional Fabinho ball over the top of a static United defence.

A lot was made of the Brazilian’s inability to break into Klopp’s side at the start of the season; that he got the nod for this game ahead of captain Jordan Henderson was a huge vote of confidence in the £44m midfielder, and the Liverpool boss will be delighted to see his decision vindicated by such a sumptuous pass.[/article]
[article]15) That’s enough on Mourinho for now. The bigger story – or at least, it should be the bigger story – is that Liverpool have claimed a first league win over United since 2014 to put themselves back at the top of the table.

This was not a vintage Liverpool performance, but their title push has not been built on the extravagant, blistering stuff of last year which produced big scores in both directions. They deserved to win and they won; that is sufficient, and if they can keep it up, that is what will sustain them as realistic challengers, if not champions.[/article]

Today proved our 3 new midfielders have fitted into the team, can't help but wonder what if .....Fekir as well!

Last edited:
Three players:

Fabinho - immense
Shaqiri - love him, when people doubted, I said sign!!!
Clyne - Still rate the lad, and he did really well considering.

Well Lads - I missed the game as I'm travelling up to Skara Brea for a writing thing. Clocked into a hotel just in time to watch MOTD2. What a game! Very proud to be a Liverpool fan tonight. Just watching the highlights - it was insane how fucking good we were and how shite they were. LOL! United fans must be in misery - I'd say I feel sorry for them but I'd rather just say fuck off you Manc cunts. That's what happens when you sell your soul for a bottle of manc ketchup and a cheap buck.

As an aside - It was fun was watching the reactions of Fergie and The King- LOL - I'll watch this again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom