• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man U (H) - post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FoxForceFive - I really enjoyed that game.

For me - I get the most pleasure out of Liverpool beating a team that is managed by Mourinho. Unlike most of you - I do consider him the best manager in Europe of the last 18 years or so - the titles speak for themselves, and from his post match interviews - both in victory and after yesterday's loss - he was in his 'own' way full of praise for our team. Don't get me wrong - he has something against Liverpool - mainly I think because we stopped him becoming the ultimate hero for Chelsea by stopping him getting to at least two CL finals. So for him to mention Robertson in the way he did and our general overall ability in that game is something else.

In terms of how we played - I cannot really add to the praise that Fab, and Co have got, they were relentless yesterday like I have never seen them before. I could even forgive Alisson for his mistake due to the slippery shit conditions, but I think for me the most eye-catching was Clyne. I was so happy when he was selected for that position - I thought his performance was very assured, and he made some great runs to support the midfield during that game. Him being a life-long right-back actually makes me feel less stressed than when TAA/Gomez play that position. I cannot even contemplate selling him - why the fuck would we, Klopp should do everything to keep him, and we do need him now that three of our backline are injured.

General look of that midfield was great from the start - all the guys could make those forward passes, the Fab pass for that first goal was out of the Alonso book, and I think if you look at Henderson when he came on - and indeed against Napoli - he is actually now looking to pass forward and not backwards. As I said in my previous post - the one downer is that we cannot use United as a barometer for judging our midfield against a quality midfield opposition - they literally had no ball players or pace in their side. I also think that having these big three guys centrally through the spine of our team - from Alisson, VVD, and Fab - has given us greater strength - no longer can the opposing side just bring on some weirdo disruptor like Felaini to fuck us up.

One last word on Mane - I just love the way he uses his pace - you get players that constantly use their pace to outrun others like your Cisse, and then you get Mane - who likes to draw them in and then suddenly he turns the afterburners on and zoom - he is gone baby !!!! I love it when he does that...the other player is turning and thinking 'what the fuck ….'.

I've never seen Steve Nicol Smile let alone laugh, but this result made him grin like a Cheshire Cat watch from 2:29

I think what we should hope for is that they do not give him the cash for the defence he wants to build.

Give him money for Maguire and whoever he wants. That team is far more than a CD away from challenge anything. And then he can't blame anyone else (but he still will).

Last edited:
I've not seen the Mane shove mentioned on here?
Poor lukaku was a bit confused and checked himself before flinging a leg at the ball and therefore being offside when the ball went in

48381333_10157487995912573_400493339436122112_o.jpg

Personally I think he sounds very articulate. At least he recognises his team are a shower and probably will continue to be so for awhile. Still you have to admire the passion along with the misery.

I've watched this game maybe three times. I'm staying in the Outer Hebrides for fuck sake! This has been the most fun I've had as a born and (bit of an OOT) LFC fan - Fuck me they were good. Utd? A complete shower! Hilarious to watch Keane and Neville tear into them. Can't really blame them. Lad's if anyone can be arsed can you post up some highlights. I've been clocking some random shit on you tube but I'd love some more. I promise I'll dance at your wedding X L :)

I've watched this game maybe three times. I'm staying in the Outer Hebrides for fuck sake! This has been the most fun I've had as a born and (bit of an OOT) LFC fan - Fuck me they were good. Utd? A complete shower! Hilarious to watch Keane and Neville tear into them. Can't really blame them. Lad's if anyone can be arsed can you post up some highlights. I've been clocking some random shit on you tube but I'd love some more. I promise I'll dance at your wedding X L :)
https://www.yoursoccerdose.com/2018/12/16/liverpool-vs-manchester-united-highlights/

Any pics?

I can't stop thinking about the game - we were pissing all over them; they did absolute shit for the 90 minutes. Tried to park the bus - double decker style and we kept at them and at them, until they broke like a proper fucking bitch. So dominant man it was unreal especially those minutes that lead to Mane's goal. Also - very strange not being able to get some good quality highlights on youtube - maybe the Manc's have shares in Google/YouTube or something and have told them to take off those videos from that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom