• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

City had one against Spurs when Grealish was through on goal and the ref blew for a foul after waving play on.
Oh Yes. That was crazy too. But it's Grealish - he would've missed. And it wasn't a penalty - which ours would have been.

Oh Yes. That was crazy too. But it's Grealish - he would've missed. And it wasn't a penalty - which ours would have been.
With mo though a pen is not guaranteed. Sure, a better opportunity but in no way guaranteed. The subjective calls I just can't overly blame our current situation on. The spurs onside goal, yeah, that's a biggun; but we don't know how the game would have panned out differently.

The problem here is that EVERYBODY is right...

We DO waste far too many chances. AND we have been fucked by referees and VAR in the biggest of matches. AND draws are killing us. AND we'd have taken this run-in if we'd been offered it in July. AND we're in danger of blowing it. AND defensive errors / frailty are costing us stupid goals. AND our forwards aren't scoring nearly enough, when you consider the number of chances being made for them. AND we should be 6 - 8 points clear. AND we up against the biggest, richest, cheatingest 'club' ever assembled. AND, AND, AND...

Football is such a cruel mistress.

We DO waste far too many chances. AND we have been fucked by referees and VAR in the biggest of matches. AND draws are killing us. AND we'd have taken this run-in if we'd been offered it in July. AND we're in danger of blowing it. AND defensive errors / frailty are costing us stupid goals. AND our forwards aren't scoring nearly enough, when you consider the number of chances being made for them. AND we should be 6 - 8 points clear. AND we up against the biggest, richest, cheatingest 'club' ever assembled. AND, AND, AND...

AND breathe.

Dreamy is trolling. Absolute wind up merchant.

The play by our attackers to make chances - superb. The execution of our attacking unit to finish chances - average.

We score a lot because we make lots of chances.

It feels like we need to make 3x as many chances as any other big team for every goal we need to score.

There’s a mentality thing with some of these shots and passes.

You can’t fault our mentality to never give up. But you can fault our mentality during the play by play moments where we just don’t take chance after chance after chance.
Maybe the other teams wait until a good chance presents itself. We snatch at half chances all over the shop. But it doesn’t matter, we should’ve have needed more than two goals to win. 1 would have won the reverse fixture at home. Two away from home should be enough. Our defence let us down again. Arsenals is so much better.

He got 18 goals and 13 assists today did he? Does the meaning of words indicating time like "today" cause you difficulty?

"Played like a league 2 striker today". Yes he did. Fucking hell.
He set up our best chance that we missed. He was involved in winning the peno and then he scored it.
Championship level at worst ;)

Any game aye?

Here's a list of games we didn't win despite scoring two goals?
Brighton. Toulouse. Most notably, Scum in the FA Cup. As if that wasn't enough as a reminder.
Ya because our defence wasn’t good enough.

you populist SOB :ROFLMAO:

So here's something to calm us all down about this team's finishing...

Most of the team, that beat UNITED 7-0 last year, bar Fabinho and Henderson are still on our first team squad.
Only Endo, Szbo, and Macca are new.
It could have been a mauling. it was in the past with these lads. It will be again.

Second in the league, only by goal difference, ALL to play for.
How can we expect our team to be mentality monsters, if we are being mentality midgets?

This time last year we were in fecking 7th place with 53 points.

Now, we could EASILY win the league if we show up. We've got as much a chance as Arse and City.

I can’t stop thinking about this result. I’ve spent too much time letting myself visualising the Klopp fairytale ending.
Me too. This one is a killer... We're better than them and the whole world knows it. That's the worst Salford team in ages. They're muck.

Taking such a huge knock in our title chances at that dump to those cnuts, because our forwards need 30 chances to score a goal, and our defnse cannot concentrate properly for an entire game anymore, is very, very hard to take.

Me too. This one is a killer... We're better than them and the whole world knows it. That's the worst Salford team in ages. They're muck.

Taking such a huge knock in our title chances at that dump to those cnuts, because our forwards need 30 chances to score a goal, and our defnse cannot concentrate properly for an entire game anymore, is very, very hard to take.

Same team beat them 7-0 last year lads. Swings and Roundabouts.

I can’t stop thinking about this result. I’ve spent too much time letting myself visualising the Klopp fairytale ending.
That's why I'm so angry over it all

It's entirely down to our own wastefulness we're here. Diaz 1 on 1 at city and doesn't hit the target. Gravy hitting the bar at Brighton. Countless chances against United. These are the fine margins that keep costing us titles.

Onana kept hold of the ball in his hands for 23 seconds at one point before kicking the ball out. 23 seconds.

There are a couple of things that we need to change in todays football.

Onana kept hold of the ball in his hands for 23 seconds at one point before kicking the ball out. 23 seconds.

There are a couple of things that we need to change in todays football.

Players are happy to take a booking. Plus, that time is never really getting added on. If it resulted in a free kick then goalkeepers wouldn't do it.

Players are happy to take a booking. Plus, that time is never really getting added on. If it resulted in a free kick then goalkeepers wouldn't do it.

Onana didnt get a booking either. Its so weird.

It's meant to result in an indirect free-kick. That's what it was originally brought in for.

Law 12.2 IFAB

But referees are thick.

Well, this still applies:

What is the Six Second Rule?

The six-second rule, also known as the six-second violation, is a that only really pertains to goalkeepers. According to the Laws of the Game, specifically Law 12 – Fouls and Misconduct, a goalkeeper is allowed to hold the ball for a maximum of six seconds. The countdown begins the moment the goalkeeper establishes control of the ball, typically through a save, a catch, or any other means. Once the goalkeeper has possession, they must release the ball into play within the designated time frame. Failure to do so results in an indirect free-kick being awarded to the opposing team from the spot where the goalkeeper committed the violation.

23 seconds, though.

That's why I'm so angry over it all

It's entirely down to our own wastefulness we're here. Diaz 1 on 1 at city and doesn't hit the target. Gravy hitting the bar at Brighton. Countless chances against United. These are the fine margins that keep costing us titles.
Yep - That 5 on 2 against Arsenal keeps me awake at night. That Darwin miss against Luton, and Robbo's disaster away to Brighton are up there, too.

Yep - That 5 on 2 against Arsenal keeps me awake at night. That Darwin miss against Luton, and Robbo's disaster away to Brighton are up there, too.

I saw a video today that showed these near misses in the games we drew.

- Gravy crossbar vs Brighton
- Trent crossbar vs Arsenal
- Darwin open goal vs Luton
- Diaz 1v1 vs City

The title race shouldnt be close. This doesn’t even touch on the Spurs VAR, Arsenal handball, Doku high boot BS either.

I’m sure Arsenal & City have similar, but no way to this scale. It’s natural to have games where you just can’t make chances or the opposition play a blinder. These are all in games we were on top and wasted many big and easy chances.

Its annoying that Mainoo scored that Macheda type goal as it will only increase his hype. Thought he was pretty anonymous in the game against us and their midfield was horrendous.
As I've tried to argue against my moronic Utd supporting mates he's overhyped and has several flaws in his game.
The most visible is movement and lack of pace. We ran through that midfield like nothing.
He can be a very good 8 with time, but the England stuff and general hype now is sooo over the top.

Its annoying that Mainoo scored that Macheda type goal as it will only increase his hype. Thought he was pretty anonymous in the game against us and their midfield was horrendous.
As I've tried to argue against my moronic Utd supporting mates he's overhyped and has several flaws in his game.
The most visible is movement and lack of pace. We ran through that midfield like nothing.
He can be a very good 8 with time, but the England stuff and general hype now is sooo over the top.

Took his chance when it mattered, which is more than can be said for majority of our lads.

Took his chance when it mattered, which is more than can be said for majority of our lads.

Thats the problem. He scored a goal so the rest of the game seems to be pointless in terms of contribution. Which for me doesnt make sense. Was anonymous and got run into the ground.

Thats the problem. He scored a goal so the rest of the game seems to be pointless in terms of contribution. Which for me doesnt make sense. Was anonymous and got run into the ground.

This is the argument a lot of people are having with you and others about Salah this season, but the response is always "well the stats say..."

how i met your mother GIF by Amanda

This is the argument a lot of people are having with you and others about Salah this season, but the response is always "well the stats say..."

Yeah, but its a bit different for a player that has the most big chances created in the league and 6th highest expected assists.
Its hard to argue about how much involved that player is even if people seem to think he’s anonymous.

He just isnt.

Back
Top Bottom