• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man Utd to appoint Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
That young squad in 04/05 was built with spending 210 mill £ from 03 and onwards from when Abramovitch bought the club.
That was probably the start of the big spending in the league and got them several of the best young talent out there.

In contrast Utd spent 70 mill and Arsenal 25 mill in the same periode.

Still, a great achievement winning the league. But others would probably have done the same with those resources.

No they wouldn't. Which is why only one manager - whose name isn't Mourinho - has won a title in the period Abramovich as been in charge. (Mourinho won all the rest, obviously)

Footbalers are almost all nobheads tbf. I'm positive most of our team are either nobheads or dull as fuck tryhards who would piss you right off.

@MarkOgden_: There is a sense of concern among some at OT about Mourinho coming in and making it the Jose Show. Time will tell...

@MarkOgden_: There is a sense of concern among some at OT about Mourinho coming in and making it the Jose Show. Time will tell...

Hahahaha! What exactly did they think might happen? It might be that Mourinho does indeed treat his environs with the respect he has always seemed to have for it - although one suspects it was driven by his desire to work there eventually - but I'd be amazed if he didn't revert to type sooner or later.

And who are the "some at OT" anyway? Duffers like Charlton? Or the players?

Again, I'm not being defensive, I'm just addressing incorrect assertions and lazy assumptions by using actual facts.

It's quite easy to talk about how he simply wins trophies at clubs were he is expected to win them, but that doesn't really explain why he wins so many of them, and does so at every single club he's been at, in every country he's managed in, and why - if it was so fucking easy - why Inter have won precisely fuck all since he left, and Real haven't got won a title since either.

As for Chelsea, they've won four titles in the 13-4 years since Abramovich has taken over. Mourinho has won 75% of them. How is it that a club in which money was no object, and are "expected to win titles" have had 9 managers in that period, and only ONE has managed to win the title apart from Mourinho? Maybe it's because he's better at winning titles than almost anyone else in the world? That would explain the amount he's won.

No-one's saying he's not good. I'm saying the clubs he's managed casts a bit of doubt about how good he'd be at building something like Klopp did at Dortmund, or Wenger at Arsenal.

It's not like he's the only guy to convert overwhelming odds into trophies.

Mancini did it at Inter and City. Pellegrini did it at City. Blanc at PSG.

Obviously Mourinho has done it a lot more consistently, and maybe he'll win everything in sight at Utd. I dunno. The point is that right now it's debatable because he hasn't really had this kind of challenge since... well, maybe ever.

Mourinho comes with obvious pluses and minuses. He has plenty silverware to show for but there is a clear contradict to what United believe is the United way. Hence the regime that allowed Fergie to act as a total cunt might see a situation were Mourinho doing the exact same as inpropiate behavour.

However he will be given a huge slack if results goes his way, and the fans will back even boring counterattack football as adventourous attacking style if they manage to wrap up 1-0 wins on that.

Jose will have a huge task to compose a lojal squad playing his footie. I dont think there are too many in their central line fitting with his ideas. Goalie obviously good enough, but CD's are way off his expected standard. CM also. Carrick and Schneiderlin is not enough to carry out defensive power, and Herrera probably not the creative guy he likes. Mata is gone obviously and he will not risk to rely on youngsters only. Strikers? Not sure what he has in mind but strikers in the calibre he looks for might turn him down due to lack of CL.

He probably has a plan but it has to work from day one or else he will have that kind of pressure that calls for the worst in him. I still reckon the FA cup the cunts lifted is their 92 FA Cup.....

I always thought the United way was to have an absolute cunt as manager who tries to influence referees.
It is their way.... but somehow they seem to think their way is to respect everyone, show dignity and being unjust victims everytime the whole shit goes too far and someone has to react.

I would have preferred if Mourinho didn't to go to them but at least it consolidates two hates into one.

That's the way I see it. I hate him, and as for them, I retch at their very mention. Levels of Manu odiousness are about to go off the scale. We could reach an ecstasy of hate in the coming seasons, and surely that can be no bad thing?

louis-gaal_3015179b-large_trans++pJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

So many options.....

Doc: not in itself, but if the increase is fuelled by rising levels of success on their part (as it could well be unfortunately) that won't be a lot of fun. I don't think we'll know if there's going to be a genuine payoff from this until Mourinho gets his standard 3-year itch and we can see what state he leaves them in.

I do wish supposed Liverpool fans would stop spending their time trying their hardest to crawl up the small, smelly & slippery hole that is the anus of the biggest c*nt in the world who will manage the biggest c*nt of a club. It was hard enough when you f'ckers couldn't fall over each other fast enough to sup at the vaginal trough of Slur Alex, but now you have to bow to the altar of wankfacealmighty ...

FFS get a grip!

There are one or two on here to whom that might apply, but I don't reckon it does to the vast majority. Recognising a danger that their fortunes might improve doesn't mean we're brownnosing them or anyone connected with them. Few if any making that kind of point do it with any enjoyment.

No-one's saying he's not good. I'm saying the clubs he's managed casts a bit of doubt about how good he'd be at building something like Klopp did at Dortmund, or Wenger at Arsenal.

It's not like he's the only guy to convert overwhelming odds into trophies.

Mancini did it at Inter and City. Pellegrini did it at City. Blanc at PSG.

Obviously Mourinho has done it a lot more consistently, and maybe he'll win everything in sight at Utd. I dunno. The point is that right now it's debatable because he hasn't really had this kind of challenge since... well, maybe ever.
Why is United a bigger challenge than Chelsea?

United can easily match Chelsea's spending power. And they've a decent nucleus of players there already. I'd say the odds are that he does win a title there in 2-3 years.

The mere thought of it is nauseating.

I guess he will weed out the main threats in the squad - Rooney and whoever else is influential in the group.

There are one or two on here to whom that might apply, but I don't reckon it does to the vast majority. Recognising a danger that their fortunes might improve doesn't mean we're brownnosing them or anyone connected with them. Few if any making that kind of point do it with any enjoyment.
Forgive me, sir, it is the "one or two" I refer to. Being concerned is one thing, claiming him to be invincible demonic messiah is another altogether

United can easily match Chelsea's spending power. And they've a decent nucleus of players there already. I'd say the odds are that he does win a title there in 2-3 years.

I guess Mourinho was a big part of building the current identity of Chelsea. So coming back there and create a collective go was probably not the bigger challenge than United today. Also first time he took Chelsea both him and Chelsea were going in right direction. A good match it proved to be.

I think the Inter job he did was impressive. But also there it was clear that Mourinho won the CL and not Inter. Inter was Just the tool he used to produce the magic (in his own mind of course).

The united job is massive. He will have a huge club with a perception that they are the crown jewell in the football world... somhow in a desperate search for an identity they can worship, and that is av big challenge given their recent decline and mediocre squad.

Mourinho is a cunt of the highest order but he's a fucking winner....short term. How anyone here can be happy about his appointment to the scum is beyond me. He will command instant respect with the players and will bring in quality players as well as making them practically impossible to beat at home. He'll clear out all the shit and bring in players who will die for him.

His recruits at Chelsea last season didn't exactly have the appearance of requiring their last rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably because I would say this is the most mediocre team Mourinho has inherited.

What a load of melodramatic tosh. Munich, Busby, B&W photos... give us a fucking break. Mourinho is a cunt, but just like many other cunts in football who are adored by their respective club followers but hated by most others. Whether we like it or not, today's game is centered around mercenary managers and players, and worst of all their agents. The much maligned phenomenon of day-trippers with their half & half scarves in football stadia is the other side of the same coin. Welcome to the business (formerly sport) of football franchise (club?).

I have to admit that this Syed bloke is quite inventive in wasting a full page writing he thinks Mourinho is a cunt.

I do wish supposed Liverpool fans would stop spending their time trying their hardest to crawl up the small, smelly & slippery hole that is the anus of the biggest c*nt in the world who will manage the biggest c*nt of a club. It was hard enough when you f'ckers couldn't fall over each other fast enough to sup at the vaginal trough of Slur Alex, but now you have to bow to the altar of wankfacealmighty ...

FFS get a grip!

Sup at the vaginal trough of Slur Alex? I'm all for thrillingly evocative language, but that's just fucking nonsense masquerading as intellect.

Plus it's not true, everyone here hates Baconface and always has. Who exactly are you addressing this to? Is there a hidden Baconface Appreciation Society that I don't know about?

Last edited:
Inter was weird. The owner spent half a billion on that squad and winning the league three years on the bounce wasn't enough for mancini. Maureen did improve them, won the CL... but the owner said wicked, done, happy now, everyone can fuck off. So not winning anything since was expected. There was a lot written about it at the time but I'm on my phone.

I do think he'll improve man u, but not enough. Not at the rate he'd need yo to make them better than anyone ahead of them and hopefully a few behind. Not enough to stop him falling out with everyone and going nuts.

Looking forward to the weird paranoid cunt detonating himself at a press conference after another humiliating defeat some time around Christmas.

Inter was weird. The owner spent half a billion on that squad and winning the league three years on the bounce wasn't enough for mancini. Maureen did improve them, but the owner said wicked, done, happy now, everyone can fuck off. So not winning anything since was expected. There was a lot written about it at the time but I'm on my phone.

I do think he'll improve man u, but not enough. Not at the rate he'd need yo to make them better than anyone ahead of them and hopefully a few behind. Not enough to stop him falling out with everyone and going nuts.

Looking forward to the weird paranoid cunt detonating himself at a press conference after another humiliating defeat some time around Christmas.

Also, I'm slightly bemused about so many people - from Syed in The Times, to United board directors - are so up in arms about Mourinho managing United, like they're some kind of principled bastion of decency, decorum and respect.

One word: Baconface

How many times was he fined/ banned from the dug-out for ranting about referees and linesmen? His red-faced, spittle-flecked displays of inchoate rage were a common feature of his entire career.

And their fans are total cunts too.

Quite. If the rumours are true and the old goat himself is one of the board members resisting the appointment, that would be the crowning irony.

Syed is a pompous ass in any case. Even when he's right he manages to sound so precious that I find I hate agreeing with him.

This will work out golden for Eva Carneiro. He will drop Chelsea in the shit to gain a competitive advantage, and Chelsea will return the favour for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom