• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Messing in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
City to pull the plug on grealish and Kane and go balls out for Messi?

Would be very surprised if he doesn't end up somehow playing for Barca anyway. He's tied into the cuntness of their club

I don't understand why they wouldn't want to get rid of him, in their circumstances.

Rip off the fucking bandaid, it's over. You're a shambles. You can't rebuild with him.His importance to your commercial revenue is a problem, not a solution, and its going away anyway. You can't build a team good enough to tolerate him walking around for 60 minutes when he's fit.

PSG most likely or maybe with is old foe at Juventus? Inter Miami?Newells old boys?

Interesting that they’ve framed it all around finances, maybe their long contract length scam was blocked

PSG most likely or maybe with is old foe at Juventus? Inter Miami?Newells old boys?

as a free transfer you could probably justify the finances of paying him 500K a week, that’s what he agreed to roll his wages down too at Barca...

in terms of merchandising and advertising profits maaaaaybe it could be done...

he would certainly improve nearly all teams even as past his peak as he is..

I suspect he will return to Argentina, it’s not as if he needs more cash is it and they’ve just won the international comp so...

I don't understand why they wouldn't want to get rid of him, in their circumstances.

Rip off the fucking bandaid, it's over. You're a shambles. You can't rebuild with him.His importance to your commercial revenue is a problem, not a solution, and its going away anyway. You can't build a team good enough to tolerate him walking around for 60 minutes when he's fit.

You make it sound like he's a fat finished mess. He's still the best player in the world. Got the most goals and assists in the league last year. They're a midtable side without him.

However, there's some brinkmanship going on here, I reckon. Barca still holding out for the super league. La liga have struck a new TV rights deal that if Barca accepted, they'd be able to afford Messi. They're trying to get more money I'd imagine. That said, fuck knows how it's gonna turn out.

You're just Messing around, who else would be stupid enough to pay his huge wages?

I agree I’m not sure if I was in charge that I would... HOWEVER.... he is a,prolific brilliant goal scorer and about as famous as it gets, it’s not as if you’d have problems selling shirts or getting advertising revenue.

You make it sound like he's a fat finished mess. He's still the best player in the world. Got the most goals and assists in the league last year. They're a midtable side without him.

This is always what is said about brilliant players once an entire team has to play around them. Messi is a genius, but he would require a team that is brilliant around him for his Barcelona to compete. Instead they need to SELL players to afford him.

Messi is NOT the most effective player in the world. He might be brilliant on the ball, but he's a liability on a team that has to work to be better than they are.

He's finished in that sort of role. He creates all sorts of headaches for the team, and also is brilliant when on the ball. Since they aren't going to compete with him now, or without him, and they need to do a comprehensive rebuild, what's the point of fire selling other players to hold on to someone who is getting worse and worse? He's not part of their future.

However, there's some brinkmanship going on here, I reckon. Barca still holding out for the super league. La liga have struck a new TV rights deal that if Barca accepted, they'd be able to afford Messi. They're trying to get more money I'd imagine. That said, fuck knows how it's gonna turn out.

is that what it is is it?? Wow... it would be a hell of a gamble.

That said the Guardian was saying they are over a billion Euros in debt, what the fuck where they thinking! Agreeing to pay a player a million a week is also crazy.

it’s not just them either is it I don’t know if Jimmy Hill had intended for players to be earning a million a week for kicking a footy all them years ago but...

I love em dearly and they’ve given me many happy days in recent times and over the years in general but it still blows my mind to think that Salah, VVD, Allison etc are on 200,000 quid every week... there is too much money in the game In general...

227256505_4693720394018920_4512380537183560285_n.jpg

I reckon these are the clubs favourite to sign Messi.
Adidas Teams
Bayern Munich
Man United
Adidas will probably ask him to consider teams they sponsor

Oil Rich Clubs
PSG
Man City
Chelsea
If Man City move for him I doubt they'll go for Kane. Equally Chelsea might move for him instead of Lakaku.

Has a sponsor ever influenced the signing of a player? I’ve heard Nike had some involvement with the Brazil team but nothing other than that.

Has a sponsor ever influenced the signing of a player? I’ve heard Nike had some involvement with the Brazil team but nothing other than that.
He is sponsored by Adidas, he will probably sell a million shirts where ever he goes. So if you're one of the top bods at Adidas, knowing your already paying him millions for wearing the boots (£17m per year for life is what I read), then persuading him to sign for a team you sponsor makes commercial sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom