• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Messing in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want us to sign us but we can’t afford him?

Id prefer Salah than Messi.

So you want us to sign us but we can’t afford him?

Id prefer Salah than Messi.

It was tongue in cheek, we can’t afford anyone nevermind the highest paid player on the planet.

Won’t be shocked if City sign him too.

It was tongue in cheek, we can’t afford anyone nevermind the highest paid player on the planet.

Won’t be shocked if City sign him too.
Well he did almost sign for city last summer. So if be shocked if he doesn't go there + New York City in a year or two.

He is sponsored by Adidas, he will probably sell a million shirts where ever he goes. So if you're one of the top bods at Adidas, knowing your already paying him millions for wearing the boots (£17m per year for life is what I read), then persuading him to sign for a team you sponsor makes commercial sense

£17m per year for LIFE? like, life, life?

£17m per year for LIFE? like, life, life?
"Few weeks ago Lionel Messi joined the Billionaires sports athletes club after Cristiano Ronaldo who is currently playing at Juventus. The Argentina forward among only few players who hold life-time endorsement deal with brand. According to news reports in 2017, Messi signed life-time deal with Adidas, which will bring (£18 million) each year to his account. Lionel Messi Adidas deal reported in 2017."

as a free transfer you could probably justify the finances of paying him 500K a week, that’s what he agreed to roll his wages down too at Barca...

in terms of merchandising and advertising profits maaaaaybe it could be done...

he would certainly improve nearly all teams even as past his peak as he is..

I suspect he will return to Argentina, it’s not as if he needs more cash is it and they’ve just won the international comp so...
Return to Argentina ?! He's leaving because they won't pay him enough ! No club in Argentina can even pay him 1/10 of what he wants.

Thats not true. He had agreed to a 50% pay cut and the contracts were there to be signed.

Well he did almost sign for city last summer. So if be shocked if he doesn't go there + New York City in a year or two.
After 100m on Grealish isn’t a forgone conclusion though.
PSG please or Madrid for the lols

It's a pretty sad end for Messi (and Barcelona) really.

The decline at Barcelona since Neymar left, the whole financial mess, the issues with Bartomeu and the manner of his departure means that he doesn't really get the send off that a player of his status deserves.

The decline at Barcelona since Neymar left, the whole financial mess, the issues with Bartomeu and the manner of his departure means that he doesn't really get the send off that a player of his status deserves.
I know you can't really blame it all on Messi. But his wages were obscene..

The whole market is obscene but the best should be paid the best. They’ve made some astonishingly bad decisions over the last 5 years. Paying Messi a massive wedge isn’t one.

Barcelona can thank themselves for getting into this mess. Just look at their signings over the last few years, and massive contracts being handed out.

Pjanic 60 mill, Trincao 31 mill, Griezmann 126 mill, Neto 26 mill, Firpo 20 mill, Malcolm 41 mill, Lenglet 36 mill, Coutinho 135 mill, Dembele 135 mill, Paulinho 40 mill.

They deserve to be in the shits.

The whole market is obscene but the best should be paid the best. They’ve made some astonishingly bad decisions over the last 5 years. Paying Messi a massive wedge isn’t one.
Theres paying a wedge. Then theres paying someone almost 4x more than the next best player.

Probably easier said than done Tomas, Messi is all Barca have known for the last 15 years.

231365705_4693782160679410_6744363965523420722_n.jpg

He made a rod for his own back. Outrageous wages helped bring Barca to this point and his boot room control was the downfall of more than one manager.

Theres paying a wedge. Then theres paying someone almost 4x more than the next best player.

I've never seen any sort of breakdown of his contract but I'd assume plenty of his wages were linked to shirt sales, image rights, scoring bonuses etc. Half our squad can double their base wages based on incentives, Messi has outperformed pretty much every player in history over the last decade and a half so he's probably got a contract that reflects that.

Reading around this topic on various platforms, I'm clearly in the very small minority of people who couldn't give much of a shit.

Just hope he stays away from the PL. He's still dangerous for a few years yet.

PSG is the obvious answer.

Last edited:
Reading around this topic on various platforms, I'm clearly in the very small minority of people who couldn't give much of a shit.

Just hope he stays away from the PL. He's still dangerous for a few years yet.

PSG is the obvious answer for everyone.
Agreed, anywhere but England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom