• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB Off Season 10/11

I'm almost a Red Sox supporter.

They were always my second team anyway, but since we now have the same owners I almost feel obliged to switch allegiance.

I have a soft spot for the Detroit Tigers, but stick with Boston. I remember how excited I was the first time I was gonna see Pedro pitch for them live on tv, then they didn't show it cos princess diana died. Twat.

What's the fucking point of not showing a baseball game in the middle of the following night for? Even worse they were actual there in the studios in black suits to announce they wouldn't be showing it!

I'm so happy that he went neither to the yankees NOR the Rangers! Couldn't have worked out better for us, unless he'd come to us...

Now, I may be singing a different song in November 2011, when the Red Sox hopefully represent the AL in the WS and come up against those four pitchers! Strewth!

Another move nobody saw coming, I thought the Jays had a chance of getting him.

He's a head-banger, apparently - Has crippling anxiety / social disorder, which is why he was never going to work out at any of the big market teams...

Shame that - Those in the know say he's got the best stuff around, bar no-one.

They said in the middle of last year that they needed to cut payroll, hence Crawford and Pena being allowed to walk. It was always expected they would trade either Garza or Shields because Helickson was ready for the majors and possibly better than both.

It was largely suspected that the Rays only kept Shields in the playoff rotation to protect his trade value, because Helickson was already better than him at that point.

This offseason is nuts.

the Jays somehow managed to offload Vernon Wells in return for Napoli and Rivera. And the Rays just signed Johnny Damon and Manny !

Back
Top Bottom