• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
£39M for Salah is mental, even at Roma they probably cant believe how silly we are.
He's not worth half of that.

150M..sounds very like Rafa or Houiller crazy spending days on average players

Well, I'm quite sure there were dozens of us who said 34 million for Mane was mental, and nobody thinks that now. If he turns out close to be that much of a success, then we'll call it a bargain.

He's an antisemite so I'll never gonna be a fan.

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus using Tapatalk

He took a political (odd considering Egypt/Israel's - albeit cold - relationship) stance and refused to shake the hands of Maccabi players, of which some were Jews, some were Christians and 1(Radi) was a Muslim.

He may be an anti-semite (I don't know), but not because of this - no way, and as this is the only 'evidence' we have, not possible to make that claim. An idiot on the other hand ...

He's an antisemite so I'll never gonna be a fan.

He was a young man who was pressured by various people in the Arab world to avoid a handshake which he managed to do by means of ingenuity. It doesn't make him an antisemite.

He was a young man who was pressured by various people in the Arab world to avoid a handshake which he managed to do by means of ingenuity. It doesn't make him an antisemite.

That's where you're going wrong, instead of using your brain you really do need to let others do it for you. Luis Suarez avoiding a handshake made him a racist, and therefore Salah is clearly a Nazi.

He took a political (odd considering Egypt/Israel's - albeit cold - relationship) stance and refused to shake the hands of Maccabi players, of which some were Jews, some were Christians and 1(Radi) was a Muslim.

He may be an anti-semite (I don't know), but not because of this - no way, and as this is the only 'evidence' we have, not possible to make that claim. An idiot on the other hand ...

Oh I hadn't realized the full context tbh. I get most of my newsfeed from 6CM. I remembered seeing you lot calling him a racist etc so I figured he was then. Anyway all forgiven.

Mo Salah's gonna run away from you
There's nothing that all your defenders could do
We bless the goals scored by Mo Salah
Gonna score all the goals to make you sad

(To the tune of the chorus to Toto, Africa)

That's a belter.

Shame I cant give you an extra like for using Toto and Africa.

c98c0487d9831cb73ea655d601b5634f.jpg

He definitely is anti-Israeli, and in the Arab world (as well as in many other countries) it goes along with Jews hatred.
I, personally, will find it difficult to be a fan, although I'll be happy when he scores for us, and wins us games.

He definitely is anti-Israeli, and in the Arab world (as well as in many other countries) it goes along with Jews hatred.
I, personally, will find it difficult to be a fan, although I'll be happy when he scores for us, and wins us games.

And your evidence of such is what?

Just to say, I don't know anything about the guy so have no idea either way

Make of it what you want, but for me it's rather clear.

Mohamed Salah and the Maccabi Tel Aviv handshake furore

The bigger picture, however, is the allegation that he avoided shaking hands with the Maccabi Tel Aviv players in Basel’s two-legged Champions League qualifier against the club in the summer.
Following widespread suggestions he would not shake hands with the Maccabi team before the first leg in Switzerland in July he moved to the side of the pitch and changed his boots while the pre-match handshakes took place. Under even greater scrutiny a week later in Tel Aviv, he offered a fist-pump rather than a handshake to the line-up of Maccabi players.

Right

So why did the owner of Chelsea football , who's incidentally also Jewish and also a vocal supporter of the Israeli state, sign him ?

I mean, Abramovich has form for forcing and hauling transfers ...

Were all the oppo players Israeli? Do you know? I mean, it's not a great look but has he explained it at all?

No, not all of them were Israelis. As LTW wrote above - there were some foreign players and one of the Israeli players (Radi) was in fact a Muslim Arab.
However, the opposition team was Israeli, and the return was played in Tel Aviv.
I don't recall him explaining any of it, but I vaguely remember some anti Israeli statements made by him or by "friends"/

Right

So why did the owner of Chelsea football , who's incidentally also Jewish and also a vocal supporter of the Israeli state, sign him ?

I mean, Abramovich has form for forcing and hauling transfers ...

Look mate, Abramovich has his own views, and I can have mine.
Abramovich signed him because his manager wanted Salah and he believed that Chelsea would gain from having him playing for them. That's fine with me.
If Klopp wants him and thinks he can help us that's fine with me too. I'm not calling for boycotting him. Just mentioning that I will not be a fan, though I will celebrate every goal he scores for us.

BTW, people here hated Suarez because they believed he was a racist (not me - I loved the guy).

Can we just complete the signing already? I've been camping out in this thread for weeks now, i need a shower, the beer is warm and I'm pretty sure I got fired from work.

Doc Mac took a dump outside the tent about a week ago aswell. We really need to move to a new camp site.

Lets hope the boy has grown up, he was virtually a boy when that happened, and by the sound of things was under considerable pressure from outside forces. Interestingly there is a prayer room and halal cooking for our muslim players. Wonder what other world class Islamic players might be tempted into our little caliphate?

Look mate, Abramovich has his own views, and I can have mine.
Abramovich signed him because his manager wanted Salah and he believed that Chelsea would gain from having him playing for them. That's fine with me.
If Klopp wants him and thinks he can help us that's fine with me too. I'm not calling for boycotting him. Just mentioning that I will not be a fan, though I will celebrate every goal he scores for us.

BTW, people here hated Suarez because they believed he was a racist (not me - I loved the guy).
I think your cherry-picking facts and throwing accusations which aren't total facts at the bloke but sure, you're entitled to feel whichever way about him

Adaptation works the other way. The defenders already know who he is, know he was shit last time, and will just rewatch the old tapes of him being easily dealt with by whatever journeyman team he was picked to play against by Mourinho. Has he genuinely improved to a point that he can't be so easily dealt with, or more likely, the Italian defenders aren't as quick as the ones here?
You don't seem to know a lot about Italian defenders !

I think your cherry-picking facts and throwing accusations which aren't total facts at the bloke but sure, you're entitled to feel whichever way about him

I'm not throwing any accusations. I'm simply bringing the facts as they were reported.
Looks like you prefer to look the other way, but that's OK,

Is Chelsea’s new signing Salah on collision course with Roman Abramovich?

The player was criticised for his actions in the Swiss press, but did not back down - and reportedly even asked to be left out of the side for the return match in Tel Aviv.
Salah eventually relented via a statement - but the wording he chose only served to stoke the controversy further, as reported in the Times of Israel:

"I will fly to Israel. Football is more important than politics and it is my job. In my thoughts I am going to play in Palestine and not Israel, and I am also going to score and win there. The Zionist flag won’t be shown in the Champions League."

It's unrealistic to expect football players from another country to have the same political affiliations as you.

Politics is a product of your upbringing, just like religion.

The really worrying thing there is that with his team's qualification to the Champions League on the line after only winning 1-0 at home, he wanted to refuse to play because of where the game was located.

Salah vs...

2017: Juventus... mediocre performance, but got a neat assist (with his left foot) at the 3:50 mark

2017: Napoli... better performance; presses opposing fullbacks / centrebacks well in this game; 1:48 mark - his press results in Koulibaly coughing up possession, and he passes the ball into the middle (with his left again) for Roma's goal.

2017: Crotone... against weaker opposition; good goal and a slightly fortuitous assist.

2016: Real Madrid... exploited the space behind Marcelo and ended up matched up against Sergio Ramos out wide several times in the first half. Not an outstanding performance, but not bad either.

The really worrying thing there is that with his team's qualification to the Champions League on the line after only winning 1-0 at home, he wanted to refuse to play because of where the game was located.

He did eventually, and scored too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom