• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falaffel - no one is really sure ... Some link it to the Copts in Egypt (as a replacement for lent), some to Lebanon/Levant
Humus - Again, lots of debates/controversy but most people link it to Egypt.
Sabich - Normally linked to Iraqi Jews ...

Basically, all the food here is from the various people who make up the melting pot ... Ethiopian? Check. Yemenite? Check. Moroccan? Check. Iraqi? Check. Iran? Check. Lebanon? Check. Libyan? Check. Egyptian? Check. Tunisian? Check. Turkish? Check ... and all the other stuff people love (Italiano, Japanese, Thai etc)
Appropriating ancient Arab foods ... Yet another crime to gold against the Jews.

I'd say I've probably had food from all of the those listed and bar a few Turkish places, I'd not rush back

Maghreb (?) Food is bollocks

Oh come on ... fucking great food ... I just cannot eat too much of it or I'll look like Big Jan.
Come for a visit, I'll take you to this great Jachnun bar.

I'm starting to doubt if Brendan is taking this being Jewish thing seriously. I don't think he even likes matzo ball soup.

Appropriating ancient Arab foods ... Yet another crime to gold against the Jews.

I'd say I've probably had food from all of the those listed and bar a few Turkish places, I'd not rush back

... you do realize the Jews were living in these Arab countries too ... and were gasp Arabs? :)

I dunno how Turkish food is abroad - but when I ate while living in Istanbul, great ... lachmajun, doner, dondorma etc etc

I'm starting to doubt if Brendan is taking this being Jewish thing seriously. I don't think he even likes matzo ball soup.

I always get into trouble talking about cuisine. But most food from Eastern Europe into the Arab and African world is, frankly, a fucking abomination.

Right. Stick with your beans, egg and bacon + some Fish & Chips, Steak and Kidney pie etc. `-)

I always get into trouble talking about cuisine. But most food from Eastern Europe into the Arab and African world is, frankly, a fucking abomination.

You should indeed come and visit LTW. He'll take you on a nice food tour in Jerusalem.

Sabich - so good:
20160317-sabich-sandwich-vicky-wasik-5.jpg

jachnun - only have ONE portion per year:
IMG_6484-L.jpg

customary Ethiopian dish:

c700x420.jpg

Kube soup:

morduch12.jpg

Should I go on?

... you do realize the Jews were living in these Arab countries too ... and were gasp Arabs? :)

I dunno how Turkish food is abroad - but when I ate while living in Istanbul, great ... lachmajun, doner, dondorma etc etc
okay , you win, the Jews started it all..

Where abouts In Istanbul were you? used to go there every couple of summers until a few years back, amazing food . theres a few decent Turkish places in the UK that I've been to but if you pay enough anywhere you will invariably get a half decent take on cuisine from wherever

I like combining different foods. So if I'm going vegetarian I might make a big plate of dips, salads and bread.
Buttered roasted garlic bread, halloumi, baba ghanosh, hummus, tzatziki, Greeks salad with tomatoes. Not the most healthy foods mind you but tasty as fuck.

okay , you win, the Jews started it all..

Where abouts In Istanbul were you? used to go there every couple of summers until a few years back, amazing food . theres a few decent Turkish places in the UK that I've been to but if you pay enough anywhere you will invariably get a half decent take on cuisine from wherever

I never said they started it all ... It's just they ate it as part of their culture.

Fuck me if I remember mate - we were living in an area with a ton of expats which had a view of the bosphorus ...
One summer, we drove from Istanbul all the way down the coast - Izmir, Bodrum, Capodoccia, Pamukale till we got to Anatolya (where my family is from in Turkey a few generations back) and then Rhodes (where my grandad and a few family members were born). That country is so fucking beautiful, such lovely people, great food & just a place I wish I could visit now with my family ...

I like combining different foods. So if I'm going vegetarian I might make a big plate of dips, salads and bread.
Buttered roasted garlic bread, halloumi, baba ghanosh, hummus, tzatziki, Greeks salad with tomatoes. Not the most healthy foods mind you but tasty as fuck.

Do you make any of those salads by yourself?
I make babaghanosh all the time, tehina, humus, eggplant salad & a proper madbucha (I learned from an ARab chef friend ... SO good, but can't spice it up too much ... my Swiss wife can't handle it)

Do you make any of those salads by yourself?
I make babaghanosh all the time, tehina, humus, eggplant salad & a proper madbucha (I learned from an ARab chef friend ... SO good, but can't spice it up too much ... my Swiss wife can't handle it)

I make everything by myself. Well I don't grow the vegetables but you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom