• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unrealistic to expect football players from another country to have the same political affiliations as you.

Politics is a product of your upbringing, just like religion.

I don't think anyone, Jimmy included, expects all players (or for that matter, posters here or anyone) to have the same 'political opinion' as him.
However, common decency and respecting people - especially if we're only talking sport - should also be a product of one's upbringing.

[I won't even get into the irony of him shaking hands with fellow Egyptian players considering how they treat the Palestinians, or Bedouins in Sinai]

It reminds me in the Olympics when the Egyptian judo guy got beaten by the Israeli guy, and refused to shake his hand ... other Egyptians have. He was slammed by the IOC etc - because it's wrong as it should not about politics.

You wouldn't shake the hand of someone who thinks differently to you? (EDIT: as long as he wasn't a froth at the mouth racist cunt etc)

Last edited:
This will get settled once and for all when Portsmouth are being promoted to the Premier league again with a team consisting of all their old stars. James, Campbell, Whittingham, Kanu and Eyal Berkovic.

Berkovic will be in his prime when this happens in 2020, 48 years old. And if Salah doesnt shake his hand after the game at Fratton Park. Well, then its clear as day this case.

We can always bring back Yossi Benayoun, and see if Salah hugs him like all other players...

I'm sure the club would have discussed this matter with him, if they feel it is one. Can't see us inviting any form of controversy onto ourselves.

I'm not so sure. I suspect that even if they were aware of it (and I for one wasn't aware of all the ramifications) they'd simply have steered clear of it and hoped it wouldn't pop up at some point, because it isn't something that's been in the headlines. But this has defo taken the gloss off the signing for me.

I guarantee you he'll shake the hands of Tomer Hemed and Biram Kayal (one an Israeli Jew, one a Israeli Muslim) when we play Brighton -

How on earth has a thread about our record singing turned into a discussion about Israel and Palestine? He did something not everyone agreed with, it's in the past, LFC won't let it happen again, until it does let's move on. I want more posts about how he's going to revolutionise our attack.

How on earth has a thread about our record singing turned into a discussion about Israel and Palestine? He did something not everyone agreed with, it's in the past, LFC won't let it happen again, until it does let's move on. I want more posts about how he's going to revolutionise our attack.

Just wait for Godwin's Law to get into play

ricardo-kaka-milan_vpxuay27qn6s1lwpyhnmybbm0.png

Reactions: ILD

I can't wait for the players to don 'Justice 4 Salah' shirts after he gets a !arch ban for refusing to shake hands with the Jewish lad at Brighton

They also had a Norwegian Director of Football. Think he sadly just got fired, so he cant claim the Salah signing.

They just hired him right?
The 'director of football' was doing really well here - mostly because of Jordi Cruyff ... and then they've all gone, and Cruyff is now a head coach!

They just hired him right?
The 'director of football' was doing really well here - mostly because of Jordi Cruyff ... and then they've all gone, and Cruyff is now a head coach!

Yes mate, he was hired in May 2016 I think but only signed a 1 year deal as Sporting Director.
Left after the season and said it was a bit difficult to work as the first ever Sporting Director the club had ever had but enjoyed his stay there tremendously. Struggled after Muelensteen was replaced by an Israeli manager he found difficult to work with.

Said it was a great club, great city and the supporters and people were fantastic.

Yes mate, he was hired in May 2016 I think but only signed a 1 year deal as Sporting Director.
Left after the season and said it was a bit difficult to work as the first ever Sporting Director the club had ever had but enjoyed his stay there tremendously. Struggled after Muelensteen was replaced by an Israeli manager he found difficult to work with.

Said it was a great club, great city and the supporters and people were fantastic.

It must be tough being the first ever the club ever had.....

I have a feeling you're mixing Maccabi Haifa with Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Jordi Cruyff is with Maccabi Tel Aviv while that Norwegian DOF was with Maccabi Haifa...

I have a feeling you're mixing Maccabi Haifa with Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Jordi Cruyff is with Maccabi Tel Aviv while that Norwegian DOF was with Maccabi Haifa...

I know that - I was just saying the whole position became 'big' here with Jordi, and now it's finished.

Probably the best club for him to start his career here - Humus, Falaffel and Sabich on me.
I fucking love a decent Sabich

There's a place outside Euston that does boss ones.

Aren't the other two Arab creations ?

I fucking love a decent Sabich

There's a place outside Euston that does boss ones.

Aren't the other two Arab creations ?

Falaffel - no one is really sure ... Some link it to the Copts in Egypt (as a replacement for lent), some to Lebanon/Levant
Humus - Again, lots of debates/controversy but most people link it to Egypt.
Sabich - Normally linked to Iraqi Jews ...

Basically, all the food here is from the various people who make up the melting pot ... Ethiopian? Check. Yemenite? Check. Moroccan? Check. Iraqi? Check. Iran? Check. Lebanon? Check. Libyan? Check. Egyptian? Check. Tunisian? Check. Turkish? Check ... and all the other stuff people love (Italiano, Japanese, Thai etc)

Falaffel - no one is really sure ... Some link it to the Copts in Egypt (as a replacement for lent), some to Lebanon/Levant
Humus - Again, lots of debates/controversy but most people link it to Egypt.
Sabich - Normally linked to Iraqi Jews ...

Basically, all the food here is from the various people who make up the melting pot ... Ethiopian? Check. Yemenite? Check. Moroccan? Check. Iraqi? Check. Iran? Check. Lebanon? Check. Libyan? Check. Egyptian? Check. Tunisian? Check. Turkish? Check ... and all the other stuff people love (Italiano, Japanese, Thai etc)

All total shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom