• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frogfish - one moroccan dish I love is steamed cauliflower with tahini & amba ... I'm not sure how Moroccan it is, but I've only had it at Moroccan restaurants and I love it.

moroccan-cauliflower-7.jpg
Looks delicious ! Now if only i knew what tahini & amba tasted like. One to try for sure. I'll have to take pics and create a 'foods to try' folder on my phone !

What's the top one called ? We're going to Morocco and maybe also Turkey this year so I need to gen up on what to order or the missus will kill me !

If visiting Turkey - besides the kebabs and pide:
-- fasulye yemegi (flat beans in tomato sauce) with pilaf
-- gozleme (flat bread with spinach, sometimes feta and meat fillings)
-- borek (phyllo pastry with spinach and feta fillings)
-- manti (small, pyramid-shaped pasta in a soup or gravy)
-- balik ekmek - sandwich with grilled fish (near Galata Bridge in Istanbul)
-- kumpir - fast food; baked potato with a shitload of sweet/savoury fillings/toppings of your choice (Istanbul)
-- breakfast: yogurt with walnuts, figs, honey and ground cinnamon (Kars in the northeast is known for their honey)

This site should give you more ideas :- http://www.turkishcookbook.com/

Looks delicious ! Now if only i knew what tahini & amba tasted like. One to try for sure. I'll have to take pics and create a 'foods to try' folder on my phone !

Tahini - you know the Chinese dessert 白芝麻糊? Flavour is like that, but without the sweetness, and with an oil instead of water base.

Tahini - you know the Chinese dessert 白芝麻糊? Flavour is like that, but without the sweetness, and with an oil instead of water base.

and amba:

It is typically made of mangoes, vinegar, salt, mustard, turmeric, chili and fenugreek, similarly to savoury mango chutneys. The name "amba" seems to have been borrowed from the Marathi word "amba", which is in turn derived from the Sanskrit word "amra", and the mango is a native of India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amba_(condiment)

(sorry @HC - this we borrowed from the indians!)

Bothered
Fish and chips , even at its best is average
Not when it's made by me you cheeky cunt! Fuck me! I pride myself on having explored the finest F&C shops in the land. I've even got tips off fellow 6CM'ers - such was my research. A chippy sup made by me is a thing from the gods. I pride myself on it. Come and visit me in fine Herts. It would be an honour for you to eat your words (and a fine beer battered haddock) o_Ox

Over here they call a chippy a "chipper" and thats why I will never feel totally at home in my adopted country.

Not when it's made by me you cheeky cunt! Fuck me! I pride myself on having explored the finest F&C shops in the land. I've even got tips off fellow 6CM'ers - such was my research. A chippy sup made by me is a thing from the gods. I pride myself on it. Come and visit me in fine Herts. It would be an honour for you to eat your words (and a fine beer battered haddock) o_Ox
deal.

dont make me trip advisor yo ass for a shonky chip though

Last edited:
FUCKING SIGN THIS CUNT ALREADY! I want to move onto the next overhyped prick so we can talk about their culture's food!

If visiting Turkey - besides the kebabs and pide:
-- fasulye yemegi (flat beans in tomato sauce) with pilaf
-- gozleme (flat bread with spinach, sometimes feta and meat fillings)
-- borek (phyllo pastry with spinach and feta fillings)
-- manti (small, pyramid-shaped pasta in a soup or gravy)
-- balik ekmek - sandwich with grilled fish (near Galata Bridge in Istanbul)
-- kumpir - fast food; baked potato with a shitload of sweet/savoury fillings/toppings of your choice (Istanbul)
-- breakfast: yogurt with walnuts, figs, honey and ground cinnamon (Kars in the northeast is known for their honey)

This site should give you more ideas :- http://www.turkishcookbook.com/

what about lachmajun ...

Did you ever drink the ayran?

It was reported that the deal was 34 mill £ inc add ons earlier today. 30-31 mill £ could be true.

I have to say LTW the pictures you chose make it all look pretty unappetizing and I like the food!

Greek / middle eastern food is good stuff but a lot of places do it poorly which is annoying.

I have to say LTW the pictures you chose make it all look pretty unappetizing and I like the food!

Greek / middle eastern food is good stuff but a lot of places do it poorly which is annoying.

Apologies sir - my only excuse is I was at work and hungry, so I just posted whatever came first in the searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom