• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a great Lebanese place in London called Yalla Yalla. Would recommend it to any of the locals.

There are almost no high quality, high end, widely commended and awarded restaurants in London that are Lebanese, Moroccan, "Jewish", Eastern European, Mexican, Ethiopian, German or whatever.

For good reason. It's mostly shit.

Reactions: HC
There are almost no high quality, high end, widely commended and awarded restaurants in London that are Lebanese, Moroccan, "Jewish", Eastern European, Mexican, Ethiopian, German or whatever.

This says more about the standard of cooking in London, and also the type of ppl that patronize "High end, commended" restaurants....

This says more about the standard of cooking in London, and also the type of ppl that patronize "High end, commended" restaurants....

Does it fuck. You can't get a Michelin star doing fucking Hungarian food.

Ghoulash
Ghoulash and dumplings
Dumplings and Ghoulash.

All the best cuisines are very well represented. The shit ones aren't.

Yeah English food is considered fine dining here in Sweden. Fish and chips and eel pie is what our 5 star restaurants serve.

Yeah English food is considered fine dining here in Sweden. Fish and chips and eel pie is what our 5 star restaurants serve.

There's no such thing as "English" food. As a mighty, war-faring nation with voracious appetites for discovery and conquest, and the furthest-reaching Empire of modern times, we have had a rich and broad influence on our national cuisine.

Subsistence farmers like most of Scandinavia spent most of the last 1,000 years scavenging off the harsh lands, eating berries, raw herring and drinking wood alcohol, until someone showed you fire, after which you occasionally smoked the herring.

Oh you're bad

how about:

d24575a20a98a93cf76b3a51b3d7d0f7.jpg

or a classic veggie dish in Turkey:

e6cb5600beafb249c0010df369a4b957.jpg

Oh you're bad

how about:

d24575a20a98a93cf76b3a51b3d7d0f7.jpg

or a classic veggie dish in Turkey:

e6cb5600beafb249c0010df369a4b957.jpg

How the fuck is that last one "a dish"? It's a fucking plate of vegetables with some tomato sauce on top.

It's as much a "dish" as that other fucking classic, chopped up bits of pepper, carrot, cucumber in a circle with some mashed up chickpeas in a bowl.

How the fuck is that last one "a dish"? It's a fucking plate of vegetables with some tomato sauce on top.

It's as much a "dish" as that other fucking classic, chopped up bits of pepper, carrot, cucumber in a circle with some mashed up chickpeas in a bowl.

HA HA - you crack me up.
What kind of food do you like?

HA HA - you crack me up.
What kind of food do you like?

I like lots of different types of cuisine: Thai, Chinese, Indian, Italian, French, Japanese.

It's probably accurate to say that most of the restaurants I'd actually pay to eat at are "Modern European" - which is a bit of a vague description - but what they never fucking are is Mexican, Polish, Russian, Lebanese, Qatari, Norwegian, Greek, fucking Ethiopian or whatever.

Because they're shit.

Reactions: HC

Bamia, I think.

It's better with meat and less Okra/ ladies finger that is, it's typically a lamb and veg stew and lovely,if done right

I like lots of different types of cuisine: Thai, Chinese, Indian, Italian, French, Japanese.

It's probably accurate to say that most of the restaurants I'd actually pay to eat at are "Modern European" - which is a bit of a vague description - but what they never fucking are is Mexican, Polish, Russian, Lebanese, Qatari, Norwegian, Greek, fucking Ethiopian or whatever.

Because they're shit.
We have a Syrian diner near by, they cook some really tasty dishes.. you'd have to like lamb mind or it's not for you.

One of the chefs ran a highly decorated restaurant in Aleppo before the war, and in general it seems the Syrian kitchen is quite mouth-watering.

Also, if you get your hands on a 'high-end' kebab where everything has been marinated for days and the meat and the chili is of high quality, that can be pure sex for the taste buds..

Because they're shit.

You'd like Yalla Yalla, Brendan

Maroush is round there (regent Street) and does decent leb /whatever and is pretty cheap too.

(thats the problem with lebanese and all the other med/Arab/Maghreb places is the food sort of all crosses over and Is much of a muchness to me.) *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom