• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an atrocious finisher and passes the ball like a gimp, yet his unbelievable work rate and willingness to get into the right positions all the time, ghosting markers, making constant diagonal runs etc has ensured that his record as an attacking midfielder is phenomenal.
If he was an amazing finisher we’d never have got him for the price we paid, so we’re lucky in that respect and hopefully he improves on this aspect of his game.
When was the last time we had such amazing wingers on both sides of the field? Salah and Mane are wonderful players.

Unlikely as it seems I’m kinda hoping for a Suarez situation. In his first season, he wasn’t exactly prolific. He scored on his first game against Stoke and we all knew we had a player on our hands but I seem to remember lots of his shots hitting the post or bar (which if you think about it is a lot harder to do) and some going over. Then he became the Luis we now associate him with.

Maybe the same can happen with Salah, unlikely but the prospect is tantalizing....

To think, if he was a little more clinical then his stats will be even better.

He’s an atrocious finisher .............

Because we watch him match in match out and see all the misses we tend to think he's a poor finisher, whereas the reality is slightly different, he has a better goals per chance record than Kane, Lukaku, Morata, Aguero or Lacazette ! Liverpool Echo article below :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verpools-mohamed-salah-more-clinical-13817657

Hes been an amazing signing for sure. Needs to seriously work on his finishing but hes getting into all the right places and his record is impressive even considering any profligacy

It will be good to finally see Mane, coutinho, Lallana and Salah all play together after the Int break

Because we watch him match in match out and see all the misses we tend to think he's a poor finisher, whereas the reality is slightly different, he has a better goals per chance record than Kane, Lukaku, Morata, Aguero or Lacazette ! Liverpool Echo article below :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verpools-mohamed-salah-more-clinical-13817657
I think you have to take into account the likes of Kane will try it on from a variety of angles and half chances.
Salah misses at least 3-5 gilt-edged chances before he scores. Again it’s a criticism but also a massive compliment. We haven’t had any midfielder earn as many great opportunities as Salah does, ever, from my recollection. He’s phenomenal at both being at the right place at the right time and getting in behind.

Hes been an amazing signing for sure. Needs to seriously work on his finishing but hes getting into all the right places and his record is impressive even considering any profligacy

It will be good to finally see Mane, coutinho, Lallana and Salah all play together after the Int break

That would have been an ok risk if this was last season, but with this season's utter joke of a defence, then I'd be amazed to see all four of them starting in the same team.

Lallana will definitely aid the defensive side of our game. Our drop off in pressing this season has been very noticeable.

I don't think the drop off is because of Lallana. It's because it's suicidal to press the ball, and expose yourself to a simple panic hoof landing anywhere within 15m of Dejan Lovren and turning into a one-on-one against Simon Mignolet.

I can't fault the new tactic of 'trying' to stay more compact and hoofing it to Salah hoping he sprints past the defence. It makes sense, especially once we signed Salah that was probably the idea behind it.

Even if he finished the season with 15, it's alot more than people probably expected from him. As it stands he could score closer to 20.

Even if he finished the season with 15, it's alot more than people probably expected from him. As it stands he could score closer to 20.

That would still be a very impressive total.

He's been an amazing signing so far, far far exceeded my expectations (although admittedly, all I really knew about him was "fast and scored goals for Roma").

He's very Garcia-like with his finishing, some moments of absolute brilliance and then absolute frustration the next. If he was somewhere in the middle, based on his current figures already, he'd be a worldy. I don't think he's that great infront of goal overall, but his impact to the team this season has been very good, imagine if we'd had Coutinho/Mane/Lallana all season too, probably wouldn't even notice our diabolical defence and keeper.

I think of him more as a winger who scores more than most wingers, rather than a striker who scores less than most strikers. Maybe that's too simplistic, I don't know.

I think of him more as a winger who scores more than most wingers, rather than a striker who scores less than most strikers. Maybe that's too simplistic, I don't know.

He scores more than most strikers at the moment. Fast, direct, skilful, incredible workrate and lots of goals and assists.

He's the best attacking player in the league, arguably.

I'd just call him a forward. He's definitely not a winger in any kind of traditional sense.

I'd just call him a forward. He's definitely not a winger in any kind of traditional sense.

He's more of a winger than a striker.

Mind you, with all the chat about about "false 9s" and "Number 10s" and "split strikers" it would seem that "winger" is a bit old-fashioned.

He's more of a winger than a striker.

Mind you, with all the chat about about "false 9s" and "Number 10s" and "split strikers" it would seem that "winger" is a bit old-fashioned.

Why?

He seems to be at his most effective running in behind defences and lurking in the box as opposed to staying out wide.

Either way, I was going with "forward" as more of a generalist "plays up front across the three" type role rather than forward as a straight up striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom