• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon do we reckon we should begin preparing for Barca and Real to come knocking on Salah's door ?

Need to get my pacemaker ready, you know.

Average Liverpool fan's perception of an LFC player:

==============================================================
(1)HE'S SHITE---------------------*---------------------(2)BARCA/REAL WILL STEAL HIM
==============================================================

* Fleeting moment of equilibrium and happiness before (1) becomes (2)

Salah is like a combination of Paul Scholes and Robben rolled into one. Paul Scholes also had that annoying tendancy to be in the right place at the right time.

He's been amazing and surely exceeded even the most optimistic of fans predictions.

If he was a deadly finisher he prob wouldn't be here so I can live with it.

He's already put in a strong case to be our most important and best player

He's been amazing and surely exceeded even the most optimistic of fans predictions.

If he was a deadly finisher he prob wouldn't be here so I can live with it.

He's already put in a strong case to be our most important and best player

If you check it out he isn't exceeding my predictions. I said he'd adapt well and score a lot of goals and give a new dimension to our attack. Unfortunately we haven't seen enough of the potentially sumptuous quartet of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Coutinho this season. If we manage a run of games with that quartet on the pitch I think they will all prosper.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1.{/td}
{td}Harry Kane{/td}
{td}Tottenham Hotspur{/td}
{td}
England{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2.{/td}
{td}Sergio Agüero{/td}
{td}Manchester City{/td}
{td}
Argentina{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2.{/td}
{td}Romelu Lukaku{/td}
{td}Manchester United{/td}
{td}
Belgium{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2.{/td}
{td}Mohamed Salah{/td}
{td}Liverpool{/td}
{td}
Egypt{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Better shot/goal conversion than any other play in prem top 10 goalscorers - 71%

13 goals in 19 matches across all comps... Wowzers (woops inc 1 egypt performance and two friendlies)

If you check it out he isn't exceeding my predictions. I said he'd adapt well and score a lot of goals and give a new dimension to our attack. Unfortunately we haven't seen enough of the potentially sumptuous quartet of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Coutinho this season. If we manage a run of games with that quartet on the pitch I think they will all prosper.

Yep in fairness you were all over him from the start.

He’s an atrocious finisher and passes the ball like a gimp, yet his unbelievable work rate and willingness to get into the right positions all the time, ghosting markers, making constant diagonal runs etc has ensured that his record as an attacking midfielder is phenomenal.
If he was an amazing finisher we’d never have got him for the price we paid, so we’re lucky in that respect and hopefully he improves on this aspect of his game.
When was the last time we had such amazing wingers on both sides of the field? Salah and Mane are wonderful players.
Fucking oath man! Sagoi yo! :)

The exact same argument was made for the Downing-Carroll combo (probably by Tomkins as well as many others) – that debacle definitively (I hope) killed the argument that football can be reduced to one simple idea. It's not like Carroll wasn't a powerful header of the ball and Downing did indeed have a good cross on him. But that's the beauty of football – you don't get far with one-trick ponies. I hope even Tomkins has learned this by now.

There were a myriad of factors around why that particular combo didn't work though. You had over-analytical posters on here stating that the "crosser of the ball" was dead in the modern game and then you had others enthusing that it would be a deadly combination and a useful weapon.

The reality was that they barely played together and one often replaced the other from the bench (someone did post the stats for starts together, back in the day), which was fucking baffling, even if they both were not good enough for LFC, it was a partnership that was never given the chance to show what it could do. Same with Pennant along with Crouch and also Crouch along with Torres. Pennant was garbage but he could occasionally ping in a good delivery, so it was maddening that with a six and a half foot striker available, they were barely ever actually on the pitch at the same time. Crouch could weigh in with a few goals and Torres thrived when he had a centre forward with him (see Kuyt's clever runs and hard-graft which Torres admitted he benefited from), but that was another partnership which never got the chance to get going.

Salah is like a combination of Paul Scholes and Robben rolled into one. Paul Scholes also had that annoying tendancy to be in the right place at the right time.

Quite right, a bit like Ljungberg too, Garcia, Nick Barmby and a few others, making clever runs from deep, which showed brilliant anticipation. You could even throw Lampard into that mix.

Who was the poster on here who said a few days back that Salah's finishing was "diabolical"? It's sort of like saying Andy Cole's was. He used to miss chances too, but it didn't matter so much because he scored so many fucking goals.

The thing is, at the start of the season, he missed a few sitters, which whilst still scoring left many, including mysef , thinking he was wasteful and terms like profligacy being used, probably unfairly, given his conversion is 71% and superior to any other forward in the league but, yeah he cost us points with some slack finishing earlier in the season

Will he hit 20 league goals?

Last edited:
Does anybody remember Suarez's first season and how many of his chances went begging. A season later and it looked like he couldn't stop scoring. I have high hopes for this lad.

BY the way, how eye-crossingly poor was that miss by Zaha?

Yesterday was the best goal he has got for us in terms of outright finishing ability... a great goal. If he ever did improve in that area of his game then I’m certain Real would come knocking... a really great and encouraging start to his Liverpool career.

I knew he would be nifty and was genuinely delighted when we signed him but everyone was too busy worrying about Keita and VVD....

As for the fact that he has still to play in our first eleven at its strongest... wow... we might well be extremely fucking dangerous this season even though we haven’t had the best possible start. A great signing.

How are RB Leipzig getting on in the Champs league? I wonder if we get the chance to sign Keita in Jan... sorry... not related to Mo but... just wondering...

Who was the poster on here who said a few days back that Salah's finishing was "diabolical"? It's sort of like saying Andy Cole's was. He used to miss chances too, but it didn't matter so much because he scored so many fucking goals.
Probably me. He's missed tons of sitters since joining, and my point was that if he was a brilliant finisher, we'd never have got him. Certainly not at the sub-40m we got him for.
It's the part of his game he needs to improve on but he's bloody brilliant at getting those opportunities in the first place. Love him. But he misses the easiest of chances. Denying that would be stupid.

Probably me. He's missed tons of sitters since joining, and my point was that if he was a brilliant finisher, we'd never have got him. Certainly not at the sub-40m we got him for.
It's the part of his game he needs to improve on but he's bloody brilliant at getting those opportunities in the first place. Love him. But he misses the easiest of chances. Denying that would be stupid.

Yes he has missed a number of chances but....

Then again IF he was Fowler like lethal in front of goal he would have cost humongous amounts of cash and would probably already be at Real or Barca or PSG.

He's a good player and like you I am delighted we signed him.

He's magic ay.
I wasn't massively convinced about the signing but fucking hell he's on fire.

I really hope January sees us.
Sell Coutinho
Sign a CB
Sign a DAM
Sign a CF
To compliment these fucking lads.

He's magic ay.
I wasn't massively convinced about the signing but fucking hell he's on fire.

I really hope January sees us.
Sell Coutinho
Sign a CB
Sign a DAM
Sign a CF
To compliment these fucking lads.
You WANT to see Coutihno sold?

Irrespective of whether he does go just yet, a CB is a must, asit was in the summer. Id like a goalscorer too obvs but Firmino walks on water for Klopp,seemingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom