• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone even be bothered if we got Salah or not? It's like the Willian deal when i heard we weren't getting him i was more relieved as i didn't think he was worth the money. Salah looks very average. If he wants to rot his career on the bench with the occasional appearance in cups then good for him. He won't be missed.

You sound bothered though.
And Willian's been playing very well for them.

I'll only be bothered if the club actually wanted him, which I think it's pretty obvious we did.

You sound bothered though.
And Willian's been playing very well for them.

He's been decent, but not worth the money they spent so far that's for sure. No i actually don't even want Salah, but if he comes fair do's but not arsed by him at all.

Egyptian media claiming he's agreed terms with Chelsea and is Stamford Bridge bound.

Egyptian media has never been the most reliable source (if to judge by their reports about past wars...) ;)

As for Salah - I'm not convinced by him.

If Salah does go chelsea, which I'm not arsed about, he can knock himself out trying to dislodge Hazard, Oscar and Willian. It'll be the end of his career before it's even started.
I'm not sure he'd get a game for us from what I've seen of him, he doesn't look any better than this-seasons Sterling.
It'd be an egyptian aspas on the books.

If Salah does go chelsea, which I'm not arsed about, he can knock himself out trying to dislodge Hazard, Oscar and Willian. It'll be the end of his career before it's even started.
I'm not sure he'd get a game for us from what I've seen of him, he doesn't look any better than this-seasons Sterling.
It'd be an egyptian aspas on the books.

First it was Egyptian Pennant. Now it's Egyptian Aspas.
As long as it's not Egyptian Messi or Egyptian Suarez NP...

According to some our offer was accepted before Chelsea got involved. So its down to Salah what he wants to do..

Echo suggests we're out of the race
[article=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-chelsea-liverpool-fc-6556063]Liverpool are set to miss out on Mohamed Salah with the FC Basel winger on the brink of signing for Chelsea.

The Reds had hoped to make the 21-year-old Egypt international their first signing of the January transfer window.

However, following talks with the Swiss Super League outfit the ECHO understands that Anfield officials have been unable to agree a fee.

Liverpool value the player at around the £8million mark but Basel have upped their asking price for Salah to around £16million.

Chelsea, whose transfer kitty has been fuelled by the £37million sale of Juan Mata to Manchester United, have informed Basel they are willing to pay that figure.

Liverpool have no intention of matching that bid so if Salah accepts the opportunity to join Chelsea he will be London bound and Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will turn his attention to other targets. [/article]

Is there any valuation we are prepared to meet these days?

EDIT: I know because we're not owned by some Russian Oligarch or Sheik, we can't throw our money around in the same way as Chelsea or Man City or PSG, but I'm yet to be convinced that we have an alternative plan. It's all very well having these principles but unfortunately even with FFP, the landscape is such that we need to be operating in a much more smart way.

If we didn't value Salah as much as the figure Basle were putting on him, why have we been in negotiations with them for so long? I would hope that whilst this has been going on we're working on alternatives in case the Salah deal fell through.

Just buy M'villa or another very good dm FFS.

If we don't buy a dm it means we'll persist with stevie there, & that may pay off. Next season. This season we'll lose points as he learns on the job.

If we also persist with Cissokho at lb I'm gonna be fucking fuming.

Also rumours of us upping our bid. Dont think anyone has a clue at the minute.
People close to the club says it has never been this quite with news going out of the club,

Good. Maybe we're doing our business as it should be done. Without it all over twatter and the internet.

I don't think it's been a secret (or a fallacy) that we've been in for Salah for weeks.

We just lack the financial clout at the sharp end to close big deals.

one part of this transfer i don't get . It's been implied that Rodgers and i guess ayre only got the go ahead when the owners recently visited . Surely though that can't be the case , surely they didn't need to discuss this face to face before making a decision because if so it looks like the delay might have cost us . We surely can't still be this unprofessional .Surely .

one part of this transfer i don't get . It's been implied that Rodger's and i guess ayre only got the go ahead when the owners recently visited . Surely though that can't be the case , surely they didn't need to discuss this face to face before making a decision because if so it looks like the delay might have cost us . We surely can't still be this unprofessional .

Hahaha. Ye of little faith.

Of course we're still that unprofessional. It was reported everywhere that the talks to decide on transfer targets & budgets was done after the villa game. A couple of weeks into the shortest transfer window.

We're fucking amateurs.

Henry probably asks what hand a player pitches with when Rodgers talks about a target FFS.

Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC ·3m Wow. I've just been told Liverpool had agreed a fee with Basle, THEN decided to lowball them and negotiations restarted. Incredible.

If this is true, surley its time for someone to leave. Ayre.... 15 fit first team players trained today. Its the 23rd of January and we're fucking about as usual.
We'll probably miss out on top 4 and the best chance in 5 years goes down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom