• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe many people here did not like the idea of us spending 7-10M on him let alone more than that.
Chelsea are cunts - they've made a habit of hijacking deals as well as buying players they do not need.

Pretty much, I know alot of people are rational about it, but there's a fair few (see the threads in the Summer) who want us to spend for spending sakes and kick us for not competing with £30m bids, like I said, the only time we've ever spent that kind of money was when we sold Torres, so..

I think Chelsea sees Salah as a potential De Bryne, i.e. even if he does not make it into their squad, he'll progress as a player and bring in profit.

Yup. Though they probably will want another attacker in the squad if two are going.

FIFA, at some point in the distant future, should do something to prevent clubs like Chelsea monopolizing the market in this way.

Yup. Though they probably will want another attacker in the squad if two are going.

FIFA, at some point in the distant future, should do something to prevent clubs like Chelsea monopolizing the market in this way.

Why, they're not doing anything wrong. Salah can choose not to go there if he values his career.

By then though, Chelsea will have another dozen players stashed to circumvent FFP or whatever it is.

The likes of De Bryne, Courtois and Lukaku hasn't done their career too much bad despite choosing to join Chelsea though. The club affiliations (Vitesse especially and now, Middesbrough unofficially - Chalobah and Omeuro) and loan system has reduced the problem of lack of games that could stall a young player's progress. They've done well in this aspect. Another example is Bamford excelling at MK Dons for the 1st half of the season and then swiftly recalled to be loan to Derby. (Unless of course, the player in question is someone like Moses. :oops:)

Why, they're not doing anything wrong. Salah can choose not to go there if he values his career.

Why would it be a case of not valuing his career?

Chelsea can point to Lukuku, Courtois, Oscar and others for examples of young players they bought who are doing well in the context of career progression be it at Chelsea or on loan.

It's essentially as if each year the same couple teams in the US had the top 10 picks at the draft all to themselves and then got to stipulate terms to others about getting those players afterwards. It's not right.

They're essentially acting like Kia Joorabchian and other third parties who have investment portfolios made up of players round the world.

I didn't give a fuck about this signing, but now Chelsea want him I'm hooked by the whole deal and he's instantly turned into an essential target that we cannot afford to lose out on.

They're essentially acting like Kia Joorabchian and other third parties who have investment portfolios made up of players round the world.

Yeah, but the solution to the problem would be fairly dramatic.

Why would it be a case of not valuing his career?

Chelsea can point to Lukuku, Courtois, Oscar and others for examples of young players they bought who are doing well in the context of career progression be it at Chelsea or on loan.

It's essentially as if each year the same couple teams in the US had the top 10 picks at the draft all to themselves and then got to stipulate terms to others about getting those players afterwards. It's not right.

I think the most annoying thing about it is that it's a fantastic business model by Chelsea, which has given them huge purchase power.

Pretty much, if the latest bid is true though, we're being out marketed for him. I'm sure people who've never seen him play will moan about why we didn't spend another £5m or whatever though.

The moan should be we fannied around over another signing.

If we'd identified him as a priority - then we do the deal quickly & quietly.

I think the most annoying thing about it is that it's a fantastic business model by Chelsea, which has given them huge purchase power.

It is very clever and whilst they've been doing it for quite a few years now, it feels like it's become a central part of their strategy recently.

It's insane that two 30M+ players amongst others can just be farmed out year after year without any real concern to the club.

Salah will choose Liverpool if he wants to progress. The Chavs will stick him on the bench or loan him out.

The likes of De Bryne, Courtois and Lukaku hasn't done their career too much bad despite choosing to join Chelsea though. The club affiliations (Vitesse especially and now, Middesbrough unofficially - Chalobah and Omeuro) and loan system has reduced the problem of lack of games that could stall a young player's progress. They've done well in this aspect. Another example is Bamford excelling at MK Dons for the 1st half of the season and then swiftly recalled to be loan to Derby. (Unless of course, the player in question is someone like Moses. :oops:)

I can see other leagues, especially the Eredivisie after this season, making rules regarding the number of players you can have loaned in from abroad, and/or from a specific club from another league. I imagine historically successful clubs like Ajax and PSV, who likely hold the majority of the political power with the Dutch FA, aren't too impressed with how Vitesse is staying competitive.

Could it not be a simple extension of the existing rules and state that clubs are only allowed to own X many players in each age group?

What happens when players move up the age brackets ?

It could get messy fairly quickly - as we know it's not always possible to sell players.

I like the 25 man squad as a starting block - I'd plump for something like anyone who isn't in that 25 man squad and over 18 is available to the rest of the league for whatever his net book value is.

It would benefit the game to see the best players out there playing

What happens when players move up the age brackets ?

It could get messy fairly quickly - as we know it's not always possible to sell players.

I like the 25 man squad as a starting block - I'd plump for something like anyone who isn't in that 25 man squad and over 18 is available to the rest of the league for whatever his net book value is.

It would benefit the game to see the best players out there playing

Agreed, it's not a perfect solution but something like that would force clubs to think long-term about who is moving up the ranks and whether they want them or not.

Makes me wonder why we didn't just sign him earlier on in the window before Chelsea were even interested

We've only got ourselves to blame if he signs for Chelski, we've dicked around and dallied over this transfer. And so what if the Swiss window only opened 3 days ago, we could've got a pre agreement in place, no?

I was playing FIFA last night and EA somehow managed to sneak Aspas into my team even though I deselected him at the start of the game. He was so shit I lost 4 - 1. BASTARD

You can't blame 1-4 on one player - unless it's yourself ;)

Would anyone even be bothered if we got Salah or not? It's like the Willian deal when i heard we weren't getting him i was more relieved as i didn't think he was worth the money. Salah looks very average. If he wants to rot his career on the bench with the occasional appearance in cups then good for him. He won't be missed.

We've only got ourselves to blame if he signs for Chelski, we've dicked around and dallied over this transfer. And so what if the Swiss window only opened 3 days ago, we could've got a pre agreement in place, no?

Is correct. Just because a transfer window isn't open, it doesn't mean a player can't have a medical, have all the terms agreed and the paperwork signed. Then when the window opens, the docs are sent over to the FA to transfer the player.
Every club fucks around like this, it's stupid, then they all try and make a mad dash at the last minute.

It's funny how the bigger clubs don't tend to get involved in this sort of behaviour. You don't see barca, real, bayern, psg, city, chelsea - desperately trying to sign players on the last day of the window. They're all tied up long before that. Look at bale to madrid, that was done weeks and week before he went, they were just waiting on spurs buying in his replacements.

Egyptian media claiming he's agreed terms with Chelsea and is Stamford Bridge bound.

Also rumours of us upping our bid. Dont think anyone has a clue at the minute.
People close to the club says it has never been this quite with news going out of the club,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom