• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also worth pointing out that we're still a more popular/well known club in Asia/Africa than any of the new money clubs.

Wouldn't be shocked if Salah goes to Chelsea though. Or Spurs. Or Napoli these days...

It's also worth pointing out that we're still a more popular/well known club in Asia/Africa than any of the new money clubs.

Wouldn't be shocked if Salah goes to Chelsea though. Or Spurs. Or Napoli these days...

You're reckoning without Mr. Ten Per Cent.

Unless there is something else afoot that we're unaware of, not entirely sure about our going for this lad. Can he defend? Because we have mostly lost points by conceding sloppy goals.

Ha! Why the fuck are people going on about the Mata signing. We've got no chance of bidding 40 mill and Chelsea probably wont sell to us either.

Who cares if Salah is a 10 mill £ signing. His transfer fee doesnt mean anything. There is a reason he's wanted by tons of clubs around Europe. He's got talent. Lets hope he's a Coutinho/Sturridge type signing, but at least there is no point moaning about signing Mata. We're not even close to doing that.

Who cares if Salah is a 10 mill £ signing. His transfer fee doesnt mean anything.

Me. We can't afford to keep spending this sort of money. Add it to the fees spent on Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Ilori etc you have to question is it money well spent.

add all their totals together (including the potential salah deal ) and we probably could have bought Mata . I suspect he alone would give us more return than them 5.

Me. We can't afford to keep spending this sort of money. Add it to the fees spent on Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Ilori etc you have to question is it money well spent.

I was playing FIFA last night and EA somehow managed to sneak Aspas into my team even though I deselected him at the start of the game. He was so shit I lost 4 - 1. BASTARD

Thats a different discussion imho. People saying you need to spend 25-40 mill to get a quality player dont know what they're talking about.

Chelsea apparantly want him and have bid 15 mill. We'll probably get to see him tearing it up for them instead.

add all their totals together (including the potential salah deal ) and we probably could have bought Mata . I suspect he alone would give us more return than them 5.

Fabio Borini Roma £10,400,000 13 July 2012
Joe Allen Swansea £15,000,000 10 August 2012
Oussama Assaidi Heerenveen £2,400,000 17 August 2012
Nuri Şahin Real Madrid Loan 25 August 2012
Samed Yesil Bayer Leverkusen £1,000,000 30 August 2012
Daniel Sturridge Chelsea £12,000,000 2 January 2013
Philippe Coutinho Inter Milan £8,600,000 30 January 2013
Luis Alberto Sevilla £6,800,000 22 June 2013
Iago Aspas Celta Vigo £7,500,000 23 June 2013
Simon Mignolet Sunderland £10,000,000 25 June 2013
Kolo Toure Man City Free 2 July 2013
Aly Cissokho Valencia Loan 20 August 2013
Tiago Ilori Sporting CP £7,000,000 2 September 2013
Mamadou Sakho PSG £15,000,000 2 September 2013
Victor Moses Chelsea Loan 2 September 2013

I reckon that there is only two players on that list we would actually miss. Maybe 3 if we count Ming, but he isn't getting universal praise at the moment....

Obvious counter-argument to this is Sturridge/Coutinho. Also Aspas and Alberto were part of a "strengthen-the-squad" policy. I don't think we've seen anything to suggest that Ilori or Alberto were not worth the money. Aspas we can probably recuperate most of the money if it does not work out. Borini is the same, though with perhaps more chance of things working out.
Yet I agree with you to an extent. Why did we need to buy squad players when we have youth players comoing through in those same positions? They are blocking potentially better players. I'd rather we buy players we genuinely feel can make an immediate impact - leave the squad places to the promising youth.

I reckon he's Chelsea bound now, and unless we weren't interested, or we stuck to a valuation, I'll be really fucked off if we've been pipped to a deal again because we've been dithering around.

the thing with rodgers is , and i'm not saying this is a bad thing , he doesn't really rotate and doesn't seem to feel the need to give new players playing time if they're not going to be better than what's starting . He doesn't even give them playing time if we're 3 or 4 up ! . So as a consequence the likes of Borini , Aspas , Alberto , Şahin etc have come through and hardly played , we've hardly been able to see what they can do . So it's hard not to suspect it would be the same with Salah .

But i guess if we get european football we'll need a bigger squad and they might get playing time . The question then is would we not be better off waiting until summer for deals like this ?

I reckon that there is only two players on that list we would actually miss. Maybe 3 if we count Ming, but he isn't getting universal praise at the moment....

rodgers has been here less than 2 season and if he was sacked at the end of the season a new manager would come in and clear out alot of that "dead wood" . The cycle continues .

[article=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-mohamed-salah-transfer-chelsea-3052895#.UuCXTBCwrIU]Chelsea are reportedly going head to head with Liverpool for the services of FC Basle forward Mohamed Salah.

Talks between the Egypt international and the Anfield outfit were believed to be at an advanced stage - until the Blues set the cat among the pigeons with a rival £11 million bid last night.

Salah impressed against Jose Mourinho's men in the Champions League earlier this season scoring in both of group stage games, including the winner in Switzerland.

The Swiss side are preparing to hold out for £16 million for the 21-year-old, according to the Daily Mail.

Salah's preference is said to be Liverpool as he believes he will get more time on the pitch.

Liverpool, however, are not keen to pay more than £12 million and talks were ongoing last night for a player who has scored 17 goals in 27 games for Egypt.
[/article]

I see 48 mil wasted there.

How dare Brendan spend money on players when Mata might have been a available a year down the line.

We tried to get quality in the summer and failed. Mkhitaryan didn't want to know, nor did big Diego.

The money spent on established players has been good. The young and squaddies have not been good bar Coutinho.
Our loans have been dreadful but they have been loans.

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 7h Update #salah: @chelseafc now is close, discussing again with @FC_Basel: new offer is €15M plus bonus

Sends us Moses. Sends United Mata.

Screws us over Willian, and now Salah.

Don't think Jose likes us much.

I agree it's money spent poorly, but this old logic "we could have bought player X" if we'd saved up, doesn't really work in reality, I mean that's what we've spent over the course of 4 windows now, it's not like we went and blew £40 on another Andy Carroll. Add the fact that he wasn't even available then and we tried to get players like Willian etc but were outbid or beaten to it by teams that could provide European football.

We had all this in the Summer, "why aren't we doing what Spurs have done", people just assume that players want to come here, that's clearly not always the case and the fact is, we can't compete with United, City and Chelsea's ability to go out and blow £40m on a player, whatever the calculations are over several windows. The last time we were able to spend that kind of money, we'd sold our best player to fund it.

As it is this time, we kept hold of our best player in the Summer and are arguably having a better season so far than Spurs and United, two teams who've blown big money since the Summer.

I think Chelsea sees Salah as a potential De Bryne, i.e. even if he does not make it into their squad, he'll progress as a player and bring in profit.

I think Chelsea sees Salah as a potential De Bryne, i.e. even if he does not make it into their squad, he'll progress as a player and bring in profit.

Pretty much, if the latest bid is true though, we're being out marketed for him. I'm sure people who've never seen him play will moan about why we didn't spend another £5m or whatever though.

I believe many people here did not like the idea of us spending 7-10M on him let alone more than that.
Chelsea are cunts - they've made a habit of hijacking deals as well as buying players they do not need.

This will tell you everything you need to know about Salah's personality, choose chelsea and we know you are either a merc or delusional if you think you are getting minutes playing in that team. Progress Sterling and Ibe forget Salah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom