• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nabil Fecked.. Deal off.. Lyon won't take payment in Crisp Sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest - signing a goalkeeper does not give me the same feeling as getting an offensive outfield player. We still need a midfielder who will break down stubborn opposition - we desperately need it.

Fuck it. Lets get Fekir. Make room by the campfire, I've got sausages and beer. We sign Fekir with Alisson, Fabinho and Keita in the bag, and we've got a squad capable of winning titles. If I was supporting another top 6 team I'd be shitting it.

What kind of beer?

*eyes suspiciously*

Dom King reporting the same too

Pearce was extrapolating. No direct quotes from Klopp - in fact, he gave the standard 'we'll see, maybe' response when asked about further signings.

The Fekir pursuit clearly shows that the club identified AM as a position of strength. It would be strange if we suddenly changed our minds because the player isn't available anymore.

We will either go back for Fekir, or find an alternative (Brandt is my guess).

Pearce was extrapolating. No direct quotes from Klopp - in fact, he gave the standard 'we'll see, maybe' response when asked about further signings.

The Fekir pursuit clearly shows that the club identified AM as a position of strength. It would be strange if we suddenly changed our minds because the player isn't available anymore.

We will either go back for Fekir, or find an alternative (Brandt is my guess).
Depends. Centre back was identified as a weakness last summer and we didn't act on it until January because klopp only wanted virgil

I wouldn't be surprised if similar happened this time

Depends. Centre back was identified as a weakness last summer and we didn't act on it until January because klopp only wanted virgil

I wouldn't be surprised if similar happened this time
I suspect the club is being tight-lipped about transfers this year after the van Dijk debacle last year. The hacks seem to be getting fed the news only once the deals are near completion.

The Fabinho signing came out of nowhere. The Alisson deal was also surprising given that Pearce etc. were all claiming last week that Ward would be no. 1, and Klopp had given up on Alisson because of the price.

If the Fekir deal is revived, I think we'll hear about it only once it's about to be done.

Re: Klopp waiting for him - I don't think the van Dijk comparison is apposite. The Fekir deal broke down because of an alleged medical issue. If that's true, and we've been advised to stay away, then we'll obviously find an alternative - no question of Klopp 'waiting' for his man. If the issue is payment related and not injury related, then I suspect we'll see the deal happen soon enough.

All the news about Alisson came from the Italian media first, so it will be the same with Fekir and the French media.

We need Fekir or some other top quality attacking option.

Shaqiri can do a job covering Mane/ Salah, but we are still short of attacking midfield options; we only have Lallana, Chamberlain is out for the season, and still haven't replaced Coutinho.

And don't even get me started on the striking options. Jesus wept.

So far we've had a good window, but it needs another top addition, at least.

I suspect the club is being tight-lipped about transfers this year after the van Dijk debacle last year. The hacks seem to be getting fed the news only once the deals are near completion.

The Fabinho signing came out of nowhere. The Alisson deal was also surprising given that Pearce etc. were all claiming last week that Ward would be no. 1, and Klopp had given up on Alisson because of the price.

If the Fekir deal is revived, I think we'll hear about it only once it's about to be done.

Re: Klopp waiting for him - I don't think the van Dijk comparison is apposite. The Fekir deal broke down because of an alleged medical issue. If that's true, and we've been advised to stay away, then we'll obviously find an alternative - no question of Klopp 'waiting' for his man. If the issue is payment related and not injury related, then I suspect we'll see the deal happen soon enough.
I completely agree with all of this ^^^

I'd take anything Chris says these days with a pinch of salt..

He works for the Torygraph and lost all his inside connections with the club a long long time ago

Last edited:
These 'journalists' have become the unofficial mouthpiece of the club. They wrote the same about allison a month ago. I can see the deal for fekir (or similar player) happening before the window closes.

We need Fekir or some other top quality attacking option.

Shaqiri can do a job covering Mane/ Salah, but we are still short of attacking midfield options; we only have Lallana, Chamberlain is out for the season, and still haven't replaced Coutinho.

And don't even get me started on the striking options. Jesus wept.

So far we've had a good window, but it needs another top addition, at least.
Yep, Fekir's perfect for that as he's a top quality AM, and a good backup option for the Firmino role. At the moment if we lose Firmino we have to bring Shaqiri in and move on of Mane or Salah up top, which whilst it will work well in an attacking sense, we'd massively missed the way Firmino presses and drops deep.

Maybe. It's a strange one. Wonder what has actually gone on.
It's our new thing I reckon

If the deals not straight forward, bin them off for a few months and let the other team sweat.

No fucking use to us like, other than point scoring

I think the deal will still happen. He wants us, we want him and we clearly want another AM.
We clearly haven't moved on and no other team are rumored to be after him.

I think the information out there is accurate. We discovered serious knee issues and tried to renegotiate the deal to protect ourselves. They didn’t like that. Impasse unless Lyon are prepared to compromise.

I think the information out there is accurate. We discovered serious knee issues and tried to renegotiate the deal to protect ourselves. They didn’t like that. Impasse unless Lyon are prepared to compromise.

Agreed, and it seems its up to Lyon to accept how we want this deal structured if its to get done.

Echo are saying they can see Alisson being the last signing and if so that's crazy. With Ox already out for the season and lallana being as fragile as paper mache, that would only leave us keita to play in that attacking role. But apparently we haven't been in touch with Lyon since 9th june. I think Lyon are desperate to sell and Fekir will play next season in a pissed off state if he is forced to stay there.

Echo are saying they can see Alisson being the last signing and if so that's crazy. With Ox already out for the season and lallana being as fragile as paper mache, that would only leave us keita to play in that attacking role. But apparently we haven't been in touch with Lyon since 9th june. I think Lyon are desperate to sell and Fekir will play next season in a pissed off state if he is forced to stay there.

They also said we werent signing a goalkeeper though.

They also said we werent signing a goalkeeper though.
True but i would have thought the french press would pick up if anything was going to happen. Same way the Italian press got first sniff. So far nothing and there's not long left in the transfer window(why clubs agreed to the shortened time is beyond me).

True but i would have thought the french press would pick up if anything was going to happen. Same way the Italian press got first sniff. So far nothing and there's not long left in the transfer window(why clubs agreed to the shortened time is beyond me).
To inflate transfer prices even further?

Klopp rarely seams to play with an out & out no 9 so the issue of a striker is not such a big worry
Barcca & Spain at their most successful periods in recent years also lined up similarly

Klopp rarely seams to play with an out & out no 9 so the issue of a striker is not such a big worry
Barcca & Spain at their most successful periods in recent years also lined up similarly

But neither team has ever won the league in England.

But anyway, "false 9"s to one side, the actual issue is that there isn't anyone else apart from Firmino who could play as a false 9, a real 9 or any other type of striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom