• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2020-21

Westbrook traded for John Wall. Looks like Harden might be out of the door soon too.

Westbrook traded for John Wall. Looks like Harden might be out of the door soon too.

Don't get that trade for the Wiz - they're building a good team. Is Westbrook the way to keep Beal happy?
The one thing is for sure is that with Russ, they'll get into the playoffs - which is I guess a positive step.

If Harden goes to the Nets, he's an idiot.

Well, having Westbrook is better than having an injured John Wall on the books for another 2 years. Westbrook and Beal should get you to the playoffs and they have some interesting youngsters now with Hachimura and Avdija.

What are the Rockets doing now? I expect they are waiting for Philly to make an offer for Harden with a Simmons package.

Well, having Westbrook is better than having an injured John Wall on the books for another 2 years. Westbrook and Beal should get you to the playoffs and they have some interesting youngsters now with Hachimura and Avdija.

What are the Rockets doing now? I expect they are waiting for Philly to make an offer for Harden with a Simmons package.

Rockets can built a really good team around Simmons - kinda like the Mavs with Doncic. Get him shooters and let him do his shit.

Regular season starting tomorrow, anyone care to make predictions on how things will turn out? Something we can use to make fun of each other when they go incredibly wrong.

How about conference champions and NBA Finals winner? Anything else?

I think It will be Brooklyn vs LA CLippers in the finals, with the Clippers taking it all.

Regular season starting tomorrow, anyone care to make predictions on how things will turn out? Something we can use to make fun of each other when they go incredibly wrong.

I think It will be Brooklyn vs LA CLippers in the finals, with the Clippers taking it all.

I'll (unfortunately) be surprised if LeBroners don't win it again - they've got a better team than last year.

GSW will be dangerous as long as Steph is healthy ...

Rookie of the year will be Avidja from preseason I've seen.

Brooklyn should be the best team in the East ...

Mavs should get to conference finals.

I'll (unfortunately) be surprised if LeBroners don't win it again - they've got a better team than last year.

GSW will be dangerous as long as Steph is healthy ...

Rookie of the year will be Avidja from preseason I've seen.

Brooklyn should be the best team in the East ...

Mavs should get to conference finals.
Don't sleep on the Ball kid. I watched some Hornets highlights and the boy can play. Opponents do target him in defence though. He's got a lot of work to do.

Don't sleep on the Ball kid. I watched some Hornets highlights and the boy can play. Opponents do target him in defence though. He's got a lot of work to do.

he's got great court vision - could average 5-7 dimes a game, but his shooting is as poor as his brother's.
He was a poor shooter in Oz ... i'll be impressed if he gets to 15ppg.

he's got great court vision - could average 5-7 dimes a game, but his shooting is as poor as his brother's.
He was a poor shooter in Oz ... i'll be impressed if he gets to 15ppg.
Oh he has that ugly "hadooken" type shot and I don't see it disappearing any time soon.
I was surprised to see Avdija getting so many minutes in pre season and he's done really well. Just like Doncic before him, he's had the benefit of playing a few seasons with men and not college boys.
Honestly, you're right. I think it's going to be between him and maybe Obi Toppin.

Oh he has that ugly "hadooken" type shot and I don't see it disappearing any time soon.
I was surprised to see Avdija getting so many minutes in pre season and he's done really well. Just like Doncic before him, he's had the benefit of playing a few seasons with men and not college boys.
Honestly, you're right. I think it's going to be between him and maybe Obi Toppin.

That 2nd french PG drafted seems really good ... Toppin has looked like crap in pre-season - NYK are such a talent destroying franchise.
Avidja will average 12-15, 6 rebounds and 3/4 assists per game imo ..

Uh too early to predict. I'm waiting to see where Harden goes. I think if Harden goes to Miami for Herro + picks, and Miami can get a big 3 of Bam, Butler, Harden, then they win it all.

KD and Kyrie look good, but both have injury concerns. It could easily come undone.

Giannis struggles in the playoffs, and I don't think the addition of Jrue will be enough. Celtics and Sixers don't have enough as things stand. Could change if one of them lands Harden.

Clippers - I think they should be better this year, but who knows? Lakers are probably the safer pick - best not to bet against Lebron.

Clippers - I think they should be better this year, but who knows? Lakers are probably the safer pick - best not to bet against Lebron.

Kwahi also basically said he'll opt out next year ... not sure if it's to pressurize the CLips next year to revamp team, or because he wants to play with Doncic ... ;-)

Lamelo is the flashiest handler and passer I've seen since Jason Williams.

He'll be hugely entertaining in transition, and will make loads of highlight plays.

But frankly all that is irrelevant for success in today's league. His brother is just as talented a passer (not as flashy and not as good a ball handler), yet he's hardly had much success in the league yet. Consider that Lonzo is a much better shooter and a very good defender. Lamelo's shooting is putrid.

Ben Simmons can do pretty much everything the Ball brothers can, and defend at a VERY high level, yet he's almost a liability come playoff time since he can't shoot to save his life. Even someone like Giannis struggles in crunch time because he's not a good shooter.

As a lead ball-handler in today's NBA, your success is pretty much dependent on consistently making plays off ball screens, which really requires you to be a 3 level scoring threat.

Kwahi also basically said he'll opt out next year ... not sure if it's to pressurize the CLips next year to revamp team, or because he wants to play with Doncic ... ;-)

Puts pressure on the Clippers, plus I think if he opts out, then he can sign a new, bigger, contract with the Clippers at the end of the season. So pressure, plus keeping options open.

Uh too early to predict. I'm waiting to see where Harden goes. I think if Harden goes to Miami for Herro + picks, and Miami can get a big 3 of Bam, Butler, Harden, then they win it all.

KD and Kyrie look good, but both have injury concerns. It could easily come undone.

Giannis struggles in the playoffs, and I don't think the addition of Jrue will be enough. Celtics and Sixers don't have enough as things stand. Could change if one of them lands Harden.

Harden going to Miami would be very deadly, that is about the only coach/GM in the league that would take him and could "control" him and his bullshit.

Another long term prediction, I think we will look back at this season as being the closest KD ever gets again to a championship. He will never win one on a team where he is the number 1, and this year will be the closest he ever gets.

Maybe this is more of a wish than a prediction, but whatever. :)

Dallas just handed the Clippers their worst loss in franchise history, given their history, that is saying something.

Lamelo Ball just became the youngest player to get a triple double in the NBA. Almost did it in the game before.

Lamelo Ball just became the youngest player to get a triple double in the NBA. Almost did it in the game before.

Seems like a good start to his rookie career ... if stays humble, works his behind off, and keeps his father away from him, he can develop into a really good NBA player.

Harden traded to the Nets for a package of picks.

Rockets get Oladipo plus picks.

Pacera get Caris Levert.

Cavs get Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince.

Oladipo traded to Miami.

Aaron Gordon to Denver for Gary Harris.

Vucevic to Chicago.

Norman Powell to Portland for Gary Trent Jr.

Oladipo traded to Miami.

Aaron Gordon to Denver for Gary Harris.

Vucevic to Chicago.

Norman Powell to Portland for Gary Trent Jr.

Big trade from Chicago - kept LaVine too. They won't beat the powerhouse teams in the East, but they're a really good team now.

Like the Mavs trade (for JJ Reddick) but team isn't good enough defensively imo to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom