• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New refugee from other site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome my little lieblings , I know you will be very happy here.
It is a tad ironic that we are telling our new friends how nice it is here, at the same time there is a thread wondering why a load of posters jibbed it and where they are ;)
In truth the site probably does take a little bit of getting used to, it is a bit more anarchic in some ways than any other site, with hugely diverse views but you have made a good start (did that sound very patronising?...sorry)

regards

And new lads, any threads you start, may stick to you - if like some of us you start them once in a blue moon.

Hello all.
I've come over to SCM from another well-known forum as I cannot stand the bickering and there are two posters who have driven me mental. Hoping that here will be a better place to have discussions with people who know their stuff, rather than every thread descending into abuse and pointless bullshit.
Here's hoping. I've been a red since birth (1968) first Anfield visit with my Dad, who was from Old Swan, was 1972. Season ticket 85 - 91. Etc etc you get the picture. Looking forward to a new forum life!

You’re gonna fucking love me if that’s the case.

Welcome anyway.

Oh, and Grjt is a great loss to this site btw.

Can't we have a sub-forum, a "refugee camp" if you will.
All new members start off there and if they're good enough they'll be promoted to the main forum.
If someone in main forum starts acting up, they'll be demoted to the sub-forum.
In order to be promoted you'll also have to agree with the general opinions here.

Like, who's fault was it that Kenny got sacked?
Correct answer: Downing, Carroll, Adam and Henderson let him down and them signing was all Comolli's idea.

Is Aquilani good or bad?
Correct answer: He's shite footballer even Adam and Henderson are better than him. No one wants him and he hates England.

etc.

If you get one of the question wrong you'll have to spend another month in the sub-forum.

If a new member acts up in the sub forum, he'll be sent to "death row" and he'll have one week to make amends. The mods meet up in a "Skull & Bones- esque" lair and only they can decide if the member gets a last minute lifeline and I'm just fucking with your head right now. (Gene rules)

I'm sort of a new poster too. Long long time lurker though. I've always found the jokes and banter back and forth on here to make it a better forum than most.
But maybe that says more about me than the forum!

I think doc abusing his mod powers because he doesn't like someone is a little naughty. It's got me thinking though

I suppose I should weight in by saying that the grjtgate saga was nothing like Rafa4 described.
Unfortunately it was nowhere near as funny and entertaining.
A bit of handbags really with only one having a handbag

id like to see more rival supporters on here, theyre always good for getting differing opinions, not that we dont have shit loads of them anyways. wasnt there an aresenal supporter on here? cant remember who, or if theyre still here or not

id like to see more rival supporters on here, theyre always good for getting differing opinions, not that we dont have shit loads of them anyways. wasnt there an aresenal supporter on here? cant remember who, or if theyre still here or not

We had a gooner who was sound and a hammer long time ago. Manc fans are generally always on the wind up and dont last long though. Rouge Penguin - he's a Geordie fan !! He's sound..

There have been one or two, but you're probably thinking of NornIronGooner. Good poster: sensible, respectful and knowledgeable. He's never been exactly a regular, so I'm hoping he'll be back from time to time.

We have actually had the odd Manc as well, more in the old days on KT but occasionally on here. One or two were WUMs, but unlike Sunny I thought most were OK and would be quite happy to see them back again.

The worst WUM that I can recall was actually a Chav, with the oh-so-original username of Abramovich. When they first got taken over and won their first title he was on here giving it the "start of a dynasty" bit for a while. TBH piling into him was quite good fun while it lasted.

We used to have a few - a villa fan, a few gooners (nornirongooner), even a manc or two ... we even had two chavs back in the day if i'm not mistaken.

images

Blakey and another hammer whos name escapes me (Jo?) were on for a while. Both good posters (although Blakey had been involved in the beta trial of Windows Vista and kept telling everyone how great it was, even when it was quite apparent it was shit)

Nonirongooner I believe

Rouge is a Newcastle fan aswell. They're the only two I can think of off hand (and the Spurs lad who used to post, something 'spur'?) who have come on here and constantly posted good opinions without being on a windup. We've had plenty of Manc bellends on here looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom