• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New vice Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet
Honorary Member
With Jamie retiring and doubts over the obvious candidate Pepe's future who should be the next vice captain.
Agger
Lucas
Suarez

I used to think it should be Suarez but now I'm firmly against the idea. His english is still poor and there's still the minor issue of him being a lunatic. Being the standout player shouldn't come into it, nor do we have to offer him the position to make him stay. He owes us - not the reverse.

Agger is the standout candidate for me.

Lucas is too poor as a player, otherwise he would have been a good choice.
Suarez is out of the question.
That leaves us with Agger or Reina so I'd go for Agger.

Carra should always have been captain, Gerrard isn't captain material. Brilliant player, but not a leader of men.
With Carra gone, and Gerrard to go maybe in the next few years, whoever we put in should be really being teed up for the main job. I can't see a 'captain' in that current team apart from Carra. I suppose Suarez and Agger 'could' do it, but they're not proper leaders for me. You can't have your captain getting done for racist language and biting people, and I don't think Agger is that respected/feared by his peers.
Maybe our next captain isn't already playing for us.
I would guess Rodgers would give to a senior player that is in his plans, so Agger/Lucas.

Listen to the BBC five live special about Luis. Then try to convince yourself that he isn't the natural choice.

I actually think that giving Suarez the armband might help him calm down a bit - realize his responsibility a bit more acutely. It happened to Gerrard that way too.

Carra should always have been captain, Gerrard isn't captain material. Brilliant player, but not a leader of men.
With Carra gone, and Gerrard to go maybe in the next few years, whoever we put in should be really being teed up for the main job. I can't see a 'captain' in that current team apart from Carra. I suppose Suarez and Agger 'could' do it, but they're not proper leaders for me. You can't have your captain getting done for racist language and biting people, and I don't think Agger is that respected/feared by his peers.
Maybe our next captain isn't already playing for us.
I would guess Rodgers would give to a senior player that is in his plans, so Agger/Lucas.

It was ok for England and Chelsea. Anyway jokes aside, I agree it might help a) Keep him here, and b) calm him down. On the other it might lead to starting a 'one in all in shitkicking' in the tunnel before the match.

Why create a needless problem by naming someone as a permanent temporary captain..... the whole concept seems retarded. When Gerrard is fucked and has to come off, he can choose who to give it to himself.

Henderson in the not too distant future if he keeps improving like he has, he doesnt mind shouting at people either

I was going to say Suarez, but after the Jaws incident, no way it's going to happen. I would be very surprised. So probably it's Agger or Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom