• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New vice Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way on Agger for me. Suarez with a muzzle on gets my vote. You can't look past him regardless of how mentally insane he is.

It should be somebody who is vocal and a natural leader, Suarez has virtually no English so hes out, Agger doesnt seem like a leader, so for me its Henderson or whoever our new bad ass centre back is

It should be somebody who is vocal and a natural leader, Suarez has virtually no English so hes out, Agger doesnt seem like a leader, so for me its Henderson or whoever our new bad ass centre back is
There's no guarantees that hendo will even be here next season let alone be vice captain. Rodgers clearly prefers allen ahead of him, constantly picking him even when allen was playing total shit. On top of that hendo is normally one of the first players to get substituted so NO WAY will hendo be made vice captain. I don't get the hendo hype personally. Doesn't impose himself enough in a game for me and just disappears a lot.

Either way i'll be shocked if suarez isn't made vice captain. A proper driving force in our team just like gerrard.

No-one looks certain to even be here / certain of a 1st team place so if not Pepe then Luis and if they are both gone then Gerrard can wear a band on each arm (or Carra from the stands with a megaphone) !

Never a keeper, they're unable to intercede with the ref and they're a waste of time as an influence on the outfield players. If Yesil is overlooked, I'd go for Lucas as the Bren Gun seems to regard him as his biggest disciple, otherwise I'd choose Suarez.

Either way i'll be shocked if suarez isn't made vice captain. A proper driving force in our team just like gerrard.

He doesnt speak any English, also I can imagine his influence on referees being more negative than positive.

Suarez has very adequate English. Youtube it. He's been sheltered from media duties by the club for obvious reasons. I think Hendo is way too young to be even considered lads, maybe in the future though.

If Pepe stays, it will be him.

Agger or Lucas becoming vice-captain would depress me, because I don't think they're good enough to be part of the core we want going forward.

Henderson's the only other choice, but he's too young and still unproven.

Lucas might get the nod, especially since he has done it before. Glen Johnson is my outsider bet.

If Pepe stays, it will be him.

Agger or Lucas becoming vice-captain would depress me, because I don't think they're good enough to be part of the core we want going forward.

Henderson's the only other choice, but he's too young and still unproven.

Sometimes I don't understand our fans. Agger and Lucas are both better players than Henderson, unlike him they are our 1st choice players in their positions, they both have shown exemplary attitude throughout their time in the club, unlike Pepe they never expressed a desire to leave - in short I see nothing "depressing" whatsoever if one of them is made vice-captain.

Agger is the captain of the Denmark national team; Lucas was the captain of U20 Brazil national team.

Personally I'd have said Agger, Pepe and then probably Hendo in that order, Hendo's inclusion is because he has that drive and that passion when he pulls on the shirt, which is lacking from too many of our players.

One of the few useful things a captain does these days is intervene with the ref if a teammate gets into trouble. I've been critical of Gerrard but he actually does this very well these days and calms situations very effectively. Reina would be about as much use in such situations as Stephen Hawking at the world's fastest rap competition. He'd wear the armband, that would be the beginning and end of his contribution. It has to be an outfield player.

One of the few useful things a captain does these days is intervene with the ref if a teammate gets into trouble. I've been critical of Gerrard but he actually does this very well these days and calms situations very effectively. Reina would be about as much use in such situations as Stephen Hawking at the world's fastest rap competition. He'd wear the armband, that would be the beginning and end of his contribution. It has to be an outfield player.

Lucas is fantastic at this, he marks the ref like a united player

Sometimes I don't understand our fans. Agger and Lucas are both better players than Henderson, unlike him they are our 1st choice players in their positions, they both have shown exemplary attitude throughout their time in the club, unlike Pepe they never expressed a desire to leave - in short I see nothing "depressing" whatsoever if one of them is made vice-captain.

Agger is the captain of the Denmark national team; Lucas was the captain of U20 Brazil national team.

Your opening comparisons don't make sense. Agger plays in a different position and Lucas is in no conceivable way a better player than Henderson - who by the way still is captain of the England U-21 national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom