• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2021/2022 season

our defense is great - and reacts well with adjustments etc ....

our offense has two issues:
1) Dak is far too hesitant since his calf injury and good defensive teams will dare him to beat them and he'll struggle ...
2) Kellen MOore is a very good young OC but he reacts very slowly to how defenses play us - and that allows the defense to dictate games early which is hard to overcome ... against good teams.

I'll be surprised if we're more than one and done in the playoffs

our defense is great - and reacts well with adjustments etc ....

our offense has two issues:
1) Dak is far too hesitant since his calf injury and good defensive teams will dare him to beat them and he'll struggle ...
2) Kellen MOore is a very good young OC but he reacts very slowly to how defenses play us - and that allows the defense to dictate games early which is hard to overcome ... against good teams.

I'll be surprised if we're more than one and done in the playoffs

Yeah, that was not a good game yesterday. As it stands we'll meet the Cardinals again wont we?

As long as there is no kneegate and there isn't a tie, the Steelers are in the playoffs. Unbelievable job from Tomlin.

As long as there is no kneegate and there isn't a tie, the Steelers are in the playoffs. Unbelievable job from Tomlin.

Yah impressive considering how average big ben is ... he had some clutch throws in ot and if honest, I was pulling for him

Yah impressive considering how average big ben is ... he had some clutch throws in ot and if honest, I was pulling for him

Yup. Big Ben was proper clutch today in OT. Also TJ ties the single regular season sack record.

And Steelers GM stepping down.

Last edited:
Yup. Big Ben was proper clutch today in OT. Also TJ ties the single regular season sack record.

And Steelers GM stepping down.

Tj didnt tie the record ... it's an extra game, all these "new records" kinda need to take that into consideration

Dont think cowboys match up well with niners... but far better than with cardinals due to Murray.
Gut still says one and done ... this team has been fucking with me for 25+ years ...

Hope Steelers beat, or at least keep it close, with chiefs ... want big ben to go out properly. Hes a great player.

Otherwise, I think rams/cardinals could be a doozy

Dont think cowboys match up well with niners... but far better than with cardinals due to Murray.
Gut still says one and done ... this team has been fucking with me for 25+ years ...

Hope Steelers beat, or at least keep it close, with chiefs ... want big ben to go out properly. Hes a great player.

Otherwise, I think rams/cardinals could be a doozy

Agree, and their run game scare me. Our offensive options against their secondary is to our advantage though.
How effective we can be against the run and wheter or not we’re gonna kill ourselves with penalties will be key.

Saturday

Raiders @ Bengals
Patriots @ Bills

Sunday

Eagles @ Buccaneers
Niners @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Chiefs

Monday

Cardinals @ Rams

TJ did it in 15 games.

If TJ played last year, would he have broken the record? Nope, so 17 game season it still is - whether he was out for COVID or whatever.

I prefer Kupp's position on this - you cannot compare records of players playing 17 game seasons to those playing 16 game seasons.

Dak 'broke' Romo's season TD mark ... well done, in one extra game. Nonsense.

TJ Watt would not have broken this record if he played a 16 game season ... and that's the bottom line for me. He still had a brilliant season.

If Derrick Henry beats Dickerson's 2105 record next year in 17 games, will it be as impressive as when Mr Benny did it? Nah, sorry ... just like passing records today aren't nearly as impressive as they were when Marino was doing it, or Tarkenton (for different reasons obviously!)

My picks:

Saturday

Raiders @ Bengals
Patriots @ Bills

Sunday

Eagles @ Buccaneers
Niners @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Chiefs

Monday

Cardinals @ Rams

I normally never pick the Cowboys so they'll clearly lose this one but based on talent and how they match up (Jimmy isn't that mobile, weakish secondary and Parsons vs Samuel), I think we are slight favorites.

As I said, would love Big Ben to get a win here but not sure they can really stop Mahomes.

That Flores firing seems bizarre. He will be a promising hire for some other franchise.

I get it - they really should have been in the playoffs.
Great roster they've built - but they started 0-5 I think?
But to finish 9-8 afterward? The team clearly played for him ...
A few things come to mind:
1) Unless I'm crazy, he was a patriots coach right? They have such a poor track record in terms of staying at teams post Bill
2) Miami have a big issue ... Tua .. Is he a NFL QB?
3) If we lose Quinn, I'd like him as our new DC

I get it - they really should have been in the playoffs.
Great roster they've built - but they started 0-5 I think?
But to finish 9-8 afterward? The team clearly played for him ...
A few things come to mind:
1) Unless I'm crazy, he was a patriots coach right? They have such a poor track record in terms of staying at teams post Bill
2) Miami have a big issue ... Tua .. Is he a NFL QB?
3) If we lose Quinn, I'd like him as our new DC

Yup. He is from the Bellicheck tree. His work at Miami is very good considering the roster they had when he started there especially given the issues he had with QB.

I would be very surprised if you were able to hire him as DC. He is immediately being talked about as HC for several teams. His firing has been universally criticized in the US media.

Yup. He is from the Bellicheck tree. His work at Miami is very good considering the roster they had when he started there especially given the issues he had with QB.

I would be very surprised if you were able to hire him as DC. He is immediately being talked about as HC for several teams. His firing has been universally criticized in the US media.

Was surprised we got dan Quinn... so unless we keep him (Denver's?), want someone who's aggressive like him and builds a ball hawk d

Was surprised we got dan Quinn... so unless we keep him (Denver's?), want someone who's aggressive like him and builds a ball hawk d

Broncos are also interviewing Kellen Moore, Jerod Mayo, Nathaniel Hackett and Eric Bienemy.

Not universally slammed.. surprised and eye brow raising no doubt.

Started 1-7 and ended 8-1. No coach has ever been fired after finishing 8-1.

However, dig deeper and you discover he wanted Watson, Ross (owner) and Grier (GM) didn't.

Grier and Flores had frequent disagreements.

3 OCs, 2 DCs and multiple other coaches in just 3 years.

Did he do a good job with the players? Undoubtedly. But if you have a problem with the establishment, you won't last.

I think he'll get another HC job, however Ross has put a millstone around his neck, he'll need to shake the trouble maker image off in the next role.. or there won't be a third HC role.

Raiders @ Bengals
Patriots @ Bills

Home teams win ... first playoff win for Bengals since 1991, and Bills hammer Pat's

Back
Top Bottom