• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular & Post Season Thread

Re: NFL Regular Season Thread

Assulin's sleeper pick next year is the New York Jets ... and that says a LOT considering he's a Giants fan and he hates them!

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1026002#msg1026002 date=1262591929]
Eagles at Cowboys next week on Saturday [/quote]
Don't care who wins..as long as the winner loses the following week.

[quote author=Mersey86 link=topic=35654.msg1026599#msg1026599 date=1262663475]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1026002#msg1026002 date=1262591929]
Eagles at Cowboys next week on Saturday [/quote]
Don't care who wins..as long as the winner loses the following week.
[/quote]

Minnesota eh?

The Vikings match up well against any team offensively. They spread the ball out really well. But against two shut down corners (Jenkins/Newman or Brown/Samuel) and a very strong pass rush and LB core, they'll struggle. Is there anyone on that defense of note besides Mr. Allen?

They also better give Peterson 25 carriers +

[quote author=Stu link=topic=35654.msg1026508#msg1026508 date=1262645301]
Jets make the play offs!! Woohoo!
[/quote]

Very lucky ... Got handed the playoffs by two teams who just didn't bother to really show up ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1026608#msg1026608 date=1262669640]
[quote author=Stu link=topic=35654.msg1026508#msg1026508 date=1262645301]
Jets make the play offs!! Woohoo!
[/quote]

Very lucky ... Got handed the playoffs by two teams who just didn't bother to really show up ...
[/quote]

Wanna know what the real reason is? I got 'em in the 6CM sweepstake. ;)

Redskins have hired Shanahan. Let's see how he does .... Hopefully poorly!

Cowher will probably end up with the Bills

Peyton Manning became the first player to win The Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player honor four times. The Indianapolis Colts' sensational quarterback romped to the award Saturday in balloting by 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league.

He received 39½ votes to 7½ for Drew Brees of New Orleans. Only four players -- all quarterbacks -- earned votes. The other two were Philip Rivers of San Diego (2) and Brett Favre of Minnesota (1).

Manning also won in 2003, 2004 and 2008, breaking a tie with Favre at three MVPs.

Jets win!
I don't know much about this NFL lark, but Sanchez looks like he has great potential. A very accomplished performance.
They looked pretty strong defensively too.

HT between Cowboys and Eagles.

Cowboys up 27-7.

Bar one play (70+ yards), the Eagles have done nothing on offense and their defense has failed to stop the Cowboys.

Looking good so far ...

[quote author=ricobats link=topic=35654.msg940247#msg940247 date=1252433123]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg939919#msg939919 date=1252384793]

a) the defense is stacked - i think it could be amongst the league's best. Watch out for Spears, Scandrick and Spencer ... All 3 should have big big years.

[/quote]

Stacked!?

Outside of Ratliff, Ware and Newman its average at best.

You'll grow old waiting for Spears to have a breakout season.

[/quote]

Guess I grew old ... Yup ole chap, stacked.

what a performance ... the 34-14 win was a very flattering scoreline for the Eagles who just never got going. The Cowboys played some great football and I think have a good chance of ending Minnesota's perfect home record this season.

DeSean Jackson ... Yah you're good but you were shit in 3 games against the cowboys. Well done you trash talking piece of crap.

Great start by the Ravens. 83 yard TD run on their first play. Second play of the game they strip the ball from Brady and recover

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35654.msg1031034#msg1031034 date=1263147098]
Great start by the Ravens. 83 yard TD run on their first play. Second play of the game they strip the ball from Brady and recover
[/quote]What a fucking start. Bradys gonna have to play a special game now.

And now Brady has thrown an interception too.

21-0.

Is it okay to hate the Patriots ?

No way do they comeback from this position against this D. No way.

Yes Ross, i hate the patriots third only to the Cowboys and Bengals.

Divisional Playoffs:

NFC:

Cowboys at Vikings
Cardinals at Saints

AFC:

Jets at Chargers
Ravens at Indy

Funnily enough, I only think one of the bye teams has a proper advantage in the games!

Arizona's next loss could mark the last time quarterback Kurt Warner plays in an NFL game.

He always could change his mind, but this likely will be the 38-year-old Warner's final NFL season, according to sources close to the quarterback.

Is he a HOFer? His #s, and he started his career rather late, are unreal. I don't know why, but I think he belongs there ... What he's done leading this one sorry Cardinals franchise is amazing.

Disappointing weekend of football from an entertainment standpoint, other than the final quarter or so of the Cardinals-Packers game.

[quote author=darkstarexodus link=topic=35654.msg1031193#msg1031193 date=1263189863]
Disappointing weekend of football from an entertainment standpoint, other than the final quarter or so of the Cardinals-Packers game. [/quote]

Cincy-Jets, agree
Cowboys-Philly, disagree ... lots of points, big plays on both sides, but only downpoint was 339 penalties
Ravens-NE - how can you not like this game? big plays, huge hits, and TOs to boot
Pakcers-Cards - one of the greatest games in playoff history.

Back
Top Bottom