• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular & Post Season Thread

Ryan, are you the latest Cowboys fan? :)

Indy really did a good job against the ravens, who missed some chances (20-3). I think they'll struggle if they have to play the Chargers, but time will tell.

Saints raped the Cardinals - they just weren't capable defensively of stopping them. 45-14. Not sure if they're back (the Pack also put 45 on this D). I really thought the Cards would be a better match up but credit where it's due - the Saints just handed it to them after that shock TD run to start the game.

So I said the Wild Cards have an advantage? Ha ha, 2 games, both #1 seeds win comfortably.

Today it's Dallas @ Minn and Jets @ SD. Going by yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if the #2 seeds continue with what we saw yesterday. :(

RIP:

Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams died Sunday morning after he was taken to a Greenwood, S.C., emergency room, the county coroner said.

Greenwood County Coroner James T. Coursey told ESPN that Adams was taken to the emergency room at Self Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. ET Sunday morning.

An autopsy will be performed Sunday by the Anderson County forensic pathologist, Coursey said.

Adams, 26, listed at 6-foot-5 and 256 pounds, played in college at Clemson and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft. He was traded to the Bears in October.

In 47 games over three seasons with the Bucs and Bears, Adams had 67 tackles, including 13.5 sacks.

Half Time Report

Vikings lead 17-3.

A few points:

1) The scoreline flatters the Vikings. The Cowboys had two very good drives in the 1st quarter and botched opportunities to put more points on the board.
2) The vikings D-line is fantastic, I really wasn't aware how capable they were
3) I don't know why - but I feel the Cowboys aren't really 'there' - it just seems this is the Cowboys of the pre-4 game winning streak.
4) Favre has been flawless - credit where it's due.
5) Rice's 1st TD was fantastic.
6) Cowboys won't be winning this one. Pity, I really thought we could get to the SB.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35654.msg1036075#msg1036075 date=1263674145]
Cardinals
Ravens
Cowboys
Chargers

Ravens
Cowboys

Cowboys

:(
[/quote]

Well 0 for 3 thus far this weekend... let's see if I can get the sweep

I thought you followed football StGeorge. We had to sign A KICKER. Folk couldn't hit shit and Suisham was the only availble one who could actually hit a kick. 'Reap what you sow'? What exactly did we sow? we asked Folk to become shit after 2 great years?

I hope Johnson demands a trade next year. That's what the Lions truly deserve - give him a chance to actually play for a proper franchise.

As for the game:

1) I guess it's easy to see why they're 8-0 at home. Their defense was just phenomenal - I think they hit Romo 15-20 times, and sacked him 6 times. I don't blame this on Romo - he was in the position Favre was supposed to be in.

2) The Cowboys didn't show up up. Credit where it's due to the Vikings, but the Cowboys didn't make it that difficult on them after the 1st two drives into Viking territory.

3) Favre's 4th TD pass was a joke. While saintgeorge may laugh at it, there's a 'unwritten rule' about running up the score. There's a reason the Saints stopped yesterday, they have class. Before that, I started thinking, "I hope Favre wins the Super Bowl to end the hall of fame career." Now I'm firmly in the, "I hope the Saints embarrass the Vikings" camp.

Oh well, I hope the Jets win. I'm really surprised how easily the WC teams have been handled.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35654.msg1036590#msg1036590 date=1263762096]
Haha, some Cowboys defender moaning to the Vikiings for running the score up by getting a TD on 4th down. Quality.
[/quote]

Keith Brooking. What a whiny twat.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=35654.msg1036595#msg1036595 date=1263762921]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35654.msg1036590#msg1036590 date=1263762096]
Haha, some Cowboys defender moaning to the Vikiings for running the score up by getting a TD on 4th down. Quality.
[/quote]

Keith Brooking. What a whiny twat.
[/quote]

Wow, great contribution there. Good man.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=35654.msg1036598#msg1036598 date=1263763336]

Hey, don't get vexed with me because your boys got tossed.
[/quote]

You're insulting one of the true class acts the NFL has - and I'm not vexed, just look at my comments. I didn't realize what an advantage the Vikings at with home field advantage, they deserved their win. But I was being serious, thanks for your brilliant contribution to this thread.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=35654.msg1036600#msg1036600 date=1263763670]

I have to earn the right to comment? What are you, a child?
[/quote]

Explain to me exactly how I said you have to 'earn the right to comment'? Since you can't because I've never said that, who's exactly the child?

You can post wherever you want on this site ... and I can thank you for your contribution wherever I want to too ... We're a loving society here on 6cm (well, that's not 100% true but we try to be some of the time ... well, yes, some of ... I give up. Good night)

[quote author=ricobats link=topic=35654.msg1036608#msg1036608 date=1263764348]
I thought Wade might have saved his job....

Not so sure now.
[/quote]

You've raised an interesting point - I really can't figure out WHY we played so badly. Was it the noise? Was it Flo going down early? Was it over confidence? One thing really irked me this week - Favre was basically saying the Cowboys would win, "Cowboys are the hottest team," "Jenkins will be a super star", "It may be my last game" etc etc ... I really think the Cowboys last week got to the heads of a lot of players ... Maybe we were too 'confident'. I think I'd still keep him ... He's made this defense one of the best in football and the offense just needs one more playmaker (Maybe Ogletree can 'Austin'?) to become far far more potent.

Did Roy Williams even get a pass thrown his way? We have gotta get rid, if possible, this off season ... What a pathetic trade that was ... One of the worst of all time.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1036610#msg1036610 date=1263764590]

Not so sure now.
[/quote]

You've raised an interesting point - I really can't figure out WHY we played so badly. Was it the noise? Was it Flo going down early? Was it over confidence? One thing really irked me this week - Favre was basically saying the Cowboys would win, "Cowboys are the hottest team," "Jenkins will be a super star", "It may be my last game" etc etc ... I really think the Cowboys last week got to the heads of a lot of players ... Maybe we were too 'confident'. I think I'd still keep him ... He's made this defense one of the best in football and the offense just needs one more playmaker (Maybe Ogletree can 'Austin'?) to become far far more potent.

Did Roy Williams even get a pass thrown his way? We have gotta get rid, if possible, this off season ... What a pathetic trade that was ... One of the worst of all time.
[/quote]

I just don't think we're that good.

There is plenty of potential though. Just need a coach with some guts to get it out of them.

Cut Williams tomorrow. I don't care what the salary cap hit is.

Team Needs: Another playmaking receiver/ young blood on the o-line/ athletic middle linebacker/ ballhawk safety.

Golden Tate and Brandon LaFell should still be on the board. Tate is a good bet. He's fast, good lateral movement, and dangerous after the catch. He'll be a good vertical threat in the pros.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1036307#msg1036307 date=1263711810]
Ryan, are you the latest Cowboys fan? :)

[/quote]

No mate, although I was kinda hoping they'd win today.

Was in Dallas for the post-Philly self-congratulating and made it along to the stadium for a look around. A seriously impressive bit of work that. Mind you, they had plenty of space to work with given that devery hotel, shop, doctors, and fucking building in the State seems to have about 5 square miles to play with.

Nice place though.

[quote author=ricobats link=topic=35654.msg1036615#msg1036615 date=1263765269]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35654.msg1036610#msg1036610 date=1263764590]

Not so sure now.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just don't think we're that good.

There is plenty of potential though. Just need a coach with some guts to get it out of them.

Cut Williams tomorrow. I don't care what the salary cap hit is.

Team Needs: Another playmaking receiver/ young blood on the o-line/ athletic middle linebacker/ ballhawk safety.
[/quote]

I think we are good - and I think we're closer than you give us credit for (but you seem to be very tough on the teams you love! ;))

Plyamking receiver - I think Ogletree is one. Though we should try and make a move for Boldin.

Young Blood on O-Line- Free is good, but yes, 1-2 additions (be it FAs or draft picks is key)

Atheltic MLB - no need imo. James is that, and Brooking is the leader on the D.

Ballhawk Safety - amen. MC raises good options but I would like a Sharper like player.

JETS WIN! I have a feeling they may surprise the Colts too ...

Back
Top Bottom