• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular Season Thread 2010

I said it in the beginning of the season - the 'Aints weren't looking like the same team. They had one magical run where everything worked well over the course of 19 games ... Better 1 though than none!

Props to the Jets too ... Amazing what Revis does ...

HoF nominees

CANTON, Ohio -- First-year candidates Deion Sanders, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis and Willie Roaf are among 15 modern-era finalists who will be considered for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Martin, Bettis and Faulk are among the NFL's top 10 leading rushers.

The Hall of Fame's selection committee will meet on Saturday, Feb. 5, the day before the Super Bowl.

The other finalists: Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Dermontti Dawson, Richard Dent, Chris Doleman, Charles Haley, Cortez Kennedy, Andre Reed, Ed Sabol and Shannon Sharpe.

My picks:

Deion - one of the best cover CBs ever
Dent - great DE
Haley - 5 rings and a great DE too
Sharpe - he redefined the TE position
Dawson - he was a dominating center.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=41376.msg1248056#msg1248056 date=1294603674]
Bugger.

Oh well, Golgotha, I reckon that's your guys going all the way to the big game now.
[/quote]

It all rides on Cutler - who I still don't rate at all. May be the weakest QB out of all the playoff QBs remaining ... I still think it's the Patriots' SB to lose ...

Vick gets a 1st down with 30 odd seconds left, time to spike it and talk through a play. Instead just launches an int. Season over.

Poor Philly.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=41376.msg1245249#msg1245249 date=1294344040]
[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=41376.msg1245244#msg1245244 date=1294343775]

I might be crazy, but I reckon Seattle could mess with the Saints. Any road game in the playoffs is a banana skin, and a 7-9 team is the exact type situation the Saints could make a right bungle of. Presumably Carroll will play Hasselbeck and not Charlie fucking Whitehurst. If Whitehurst starts then they have no chance. The Hassel might get it done though. Might.
[/quote]

I could pretend to know what I'm talking about here but I'll be completely honest and say this is directly from a podcast I listened to recently - Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders looks at all the research and found that Hasselbeck is particularly good at finding receivers when he's being blitzed, and also that the Saints blitz more often than any other defence. It could be give Seattle a chance.

[/quote]

I didn't see the game but was Aaron Schatz proved correct ?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1248290#msg1248290 date=1294620204]
Vick gets a 1st down with 30 odd seconds left, time to spike it and talk through a play. Instead just launches an int. Season over.

Poor Philly.
[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I cannot f$%!ing wait to see Tom shove all this bullshit down the throats of Cromardie and Ryan and every other f$%!ing New York Jet on Sunday... Cnuts.

The one time I want Steelers to win, they are getting fucking spanked! The one team that could stop Pats from the SB is Ravens in my opinion!

Congrats. And contrary to the above, I think you're the only ones who can do the Pats.

I've liked Antonio Brown for a long time, and thought he was a great pick. Did the business today. Wallace is great too. I know it's not a big need, but if you had a big WR who can leap for the fades in the endzone, fucking hell. Ironically this chap in college at Pittsburgh could fill that role, but I doubt they pick him as they don't need him.

Steelers can beat the Pats/Jets, but they'll need to hope the Pats aren't on their A game to get to the Super Bowl ... The Pats are just phenomenal (and it's scary to think they have 3 first round picks in the next draft!).

Aaron Rodgers = unbelievable ... He's not won the 'big one' yet but he's just a fantastic talent - what a game last night.

I hate the Steelers - but respect to them ... To come back from 21-7 down and win like that? Top team.

Apparantly this is our 8th conference game in 15 years? Thats amazing.
I've really enjoyed this season, and massive credit to Dixon and Batch who took us to 4-1 before Ben got back.
We've beaten Cinci, Cleveland and Baltimore twice, but lost quite comfortably to the Jets and the Pats so im not in any way feeling positive going into the last fortnight.
What we have done and done well all season is what we are known for, winning tight games in the trenches. But each of the three times we have faced a quality offence with strong QB we have failed. I dunno maybe we have a chance but im naturally pessemistic (probably because of Liverpool) so im just going to enjoy and hope for the best. Im still fancying the Pats strongly and i dont think we can deal with them, Brady took us for 4 td's and about 400 yards at Home.

Ps-Great game between GB and Atlanta last night too.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1253439#msg1253439 date=1295139888]
Congrats. And contrary to the above, I think you're the only ones who can do the Pats.

I've liked Antonio Brown for a long time, and thought he was a great pick. Did the business today. Wallace is great too. I know it's not a big need, but if you had a big WR who can leap for the fades in the endzone, fucking hell. Ironically this chap in college at Pittsburgh could fill that role, but I doubt they pick him as they don't need him.
[/quote]I like Brown and Wallace a lot. But i have to say i think Hines Ward is officially my favourite football player of all time. 13 years as a steeler, 11 thousand yards, and every one of them hard fought and ground out.
To take 11,000 yards in a team who untill a year ago really only ever ran is amazing.

Hines Ward... He's one of those players you'd love in your team, but only 'respect' as an opposition player. He's a bit like Ryan Giggs in that way.

Ravens kinda threw that away in the 3rd Quarter, but respect to Steelers for converting their chances. Come on Pats today.

Atlanta out too... Wow... GB are on a roll.

Mr_V - i'm not sure re: the second part of your Ward sentence. He's one of the most hated players in the game due to being one of the dirtiest ...

Steelers WR Hines Ward was voted the NFL's dirtiest player in a poll of his peers by Sports Illustrated. The magazine surveyed 296 players, and Ward drew 11.6% of the vote.

Behind him on the list:

* Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth 6%
* Dolphins LB Joey Porter 6%
* Bengals S Roy Williams 5.1%
* Titans C Kevin Mawae 4.6%

Another story on him: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11315176/rss

He's a 'non-spitting' version of Diouf! :)

Back
Top Bottom