• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular Season Thread 2010

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1254224#msg1254224 date=1295202913]
so some Jet threatened to end his career. Classy.
[/quote]

Bart Scott is Ryan's surrogate son.

We're throwing almost exclusively out of run formations now. They're calling it play action, but it's really not. All of those schemes are set up to look like the run but enable the TE to get clear when the defensive line hesitates. Gives Cutler the time to make himself look better than he is.

That's the real Jay Cutler. Red zone? Pant shitting time. INTs all over the place.

Olsen doesn't know anything about making small plays.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1254255#msg1254255 date=1295204171]
Martz never used to throw to TE's, but has been all over it recently. What happened?
[/quote]

Er, Cutler was getting nuked. Got sacked six times, all unopposed form the outside, in the loss at Soldier to Seattle earlier in the season. Then the Giants toasted us too. Then he started with these three TE formations like I said before. Gives Cutler protection on the outside against the blitz and makes the DBs check as they don't know if Cutler is handing off or not. The At least one TE will find space as a result.

It's at Soldier Field. I mean, if Cutler is ever going to lead a proper win, that has to be it. I'll forgive him almost anything if he beats the pack in a Championship game. Conversely, if we lose...

Either way, SG, you can legitimately claim to be hard done by, officially playing in the NFC's best division. Fuck that East bullshit.

We'd have won the East. And I still think things would have been a lot different if we won in week 1. I'm happy though, we improved, and are better than the Vikings. You're next on the radar ;)

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41376.msg1254110#msg1254110 date=1295197644]
Mr_V - i'm not sure re: the second part of your Ward sentence. He's one of the most hated players in the game due to being one of the dirtiest ...

Steelers WR Hines Ward was voted the NFL's dirtiest player in a poll of his peers by Sports Illustrated. The magazine surveyed 296 players, and Ward drew 11.6% of the vote.

Behind him on the list:

* Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth 6%
* Dolphins LB Joey Porter 6%
* Bengals S Roy Williams 5.1%
* Titans C Kevin Mawae 4.6%

Another story on him: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11315176/rss

He's a 'non-spitting' version of Diouf! :)
[/quote]Look at that list of fucking winners though.
Ward is just a scrapper. He's fought for every single fucking yard he's ever earned and no reciever we have ever had has been as willing to take a massive hit for a one yard gain. Yeah and then he'll battle you and he'll put his hands in your face and he'll argue with the decisions and he'll take the huge hits and line out again and say 'gimme the ball'
He's fucking epic. He'd sweat blood.
Hines....mvp.

Just wait until Nick Fairley gets in the league.

Dude is a massive flag-inducing-late-hit-landing-quarterback-killing triceratops.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=41376.msg1254376#msg1254376 date=1295211565]

Just wait until Nick Fairley gets in the league.

Dude is a massive flag-inducing-late-hit-landing-quarterback-killing triceratops.
[/quote]Sounds like Steeler material.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41376.msg1254372#msg1254372 date=1295211434]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41376.msg1254110#msg1254110 date=1295197644]
Mr_V - i'm not sure re: the second part of your Ward sentence. He's one of the most hated players in the game due to being one of the dirtiest ...

Steelers WR Hines Ward was voted the NFL's dirtiest player in a poll of his peers by Sports Illustrated. The magazine surveyed 296 players, and Ward drew 11.6% of the vote.

Behind him on the list:

Ward is just a scrapper. He's fought for every single fucking yard he's ever earned and no reciever we have ever had has been as willing to take a massive hit for a one yard gain. Yeah and then he'll battle you and he'll put his hands in your face and he'll argue with the decisions and he'll take the huge hits and line out again and say 'gimme the ball'
Hines....mvp.
[/quote]

Well ... No one said he wasn't a tough guy - but you can be tough and clean ... it says enough that his fellow pros say it ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41376.msg1254459#msg1254459 date=1295214716]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41376.msg1254372#msg1254372 date=1295211434]

Behind him on the list:

Hines....mvp.
[/quote]

Well ... No one said he wasn't a tough guy - but you can be tough and clean ... it says enough that his fellow pros say it ...
[/quote]

April 3 through May 30, 2006, Ward returned to his birthplace of Seoul for the first time since his parents moved to the United States when he was one year old. Ward used his celebrity status to arrange "hope-sharing" meetings with multiracial Korean children and to encourage social and political reform. At one hope-sharing meeting, he told a group of children, "If the country can accept me for who I am and accept me for being a Korean, I'm pretty sure that this country can change and accept you for who you are."[16] On his final day in Korea, he donated $1 million USD to create the Hines Ward Helping Hands Foundation, which the AP called "a foundation to help mixed-race children like himself in South Korea, where they have suffered discrimination."

Hines Ward, working with the Salvation Army Family Caring Center in East Liberty, is taking care of those less fortunate.
In his Facebook post, Ward has bought the families Christmas presents.
The kids were given Nintendo DSI's, and the moms were given clothes, manicures and pedicures. Ward said that he is blessed to be able to help these families out.
Many of the people that reside outside of Steelers Nation, only have bad things to say about Hines Ward. From where I sit, Hines Ward is a class act.

Back
Top Bottom