• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

OFFICIAL - Rodgers Sacked !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Bascombe ‏@_ChrisBascombe 2m2 minutes ago Brendan Rodgers has been sacked. He was told in person by Ian Ayre and over phone by FSG's Mike Gordon within an hour of today's 1-1 draw.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 2m2 minutes ago Liverpool confirm Brendan Rodgers will leave his post as manager with immediate effect.

"Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch," said a club statement. "The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner."

I feel very sorry for the bloke. He's got talent as a coach, I doubt he's really made for being a manager, but he was invited to be boss at LFC - and who wouldn't take that - and was chewed up and spat out by the process. He simply was over-promoted. I hope he recovers from this and finds his level.

Liverpool Football Club has announced that Brendan Rodgers will leave his post with immediate effect after having his contract terminated. The process to appoint a new manager is underway.
“We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.
“All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game.
“Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch. Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.
“The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

FSG evidently see an alternative direction and speculation will now be rife as to who is lined up as a successor.
Carlo Ancelotti was first linked with the job over a week ago. Curiously, he was in New York last week at the same time as Liverpool chairman Tom Werner.
Jurgen Klopp has also been strongly favoured by Liverpool supporters since it became clear Rodgers’ position was under threat.

I feel very sorry for the bloke. He's got talent as a coach, I doubt he's really made for being a manager, but he was invited to be boss at LFC - and who wouldn't take that - and was chewed up and spat out by the process. He simply was over-promoted. I hope he recovers from this and finds his level.

Well said macca, pretty much sums me up. Let's have a bit of respect hey lads. For that season alone.

Yeah good sentiment Macca. I'm sad for our club and our fans right now that Rodgers couldn't make it work, but I feel the same way: he's simply out of his depth. No ill will to the bloke and all that. But at the same time, I don't feel sorry or bad for him personally in any way. His massive wedge from our coffers to break the contract will no doubt make it easier on him.
Onward LFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom