• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

OFFICIAL - Rodgers Sacked !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 points off fourth.. Get the right appointment in.. the season is still very much to play for. .

Right decision

Chris Bascombe ‏@_ChrisBascombe 2m2 minutes ago Brendan Rodgers has been sacked. He was told in person by Ian Ayre and over phone by FSG's Mike Gordon within an hour of today's 1-1 draw.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 2m2 minutes ago Liverpool confirm Brendan Rodgers will leave his post as manager with immediate effect.

I wonder who's going to be calling Ayre to fuck him off too.

One has to wonder why FSG gave him 80M to spend on new players and, knowing what a tough fixture list we have through October, chose this moment. Maybe it was simply a case of him losing the dressing room and FSG became aware of this from senior players etc.

He should have got the boot in the summer. He's an ok manager but I'd be surprised if he managed a team in ths top 8th again unless he finds a pragmatic side and becomes a bit more humble.

I was willing to give him another chance after last season and have been largely ambivalent about the whole situation so surprised me how happy I felt when I read the news.

Shame it didn't work out for all concerned but I'm excited about what the future might bring. That's a step up from how I was feeling about things before.

Macca summed that up perfectly.

Sad that it had to come to this but it is the right decision. Took us the closest we've been to win the league, and some fantastic memories from the 14/15 season were football was so fun it just consumed you with passion 24-7.

Good luck to him.

Beecroft saying it will be Ancelotti. The manager search must be done already seeing as they pulled the trigger tonight.

Good luck Mr Rodgers. He gave it a fair go. Nearly won the league. Made too many mistakes in the end. He'll learn and be back.

Excited as fuck for the future now he's gone all the same, right time to do it.

I love this purely for the excitement of it all. I know it's for the wrong reasons, but we're finally interesting again.

Proper broken hearted. I wanted so much for him to succeed.
He gave me so much fun in 2013/14 and I wanted to believe there was more to come. I really hope he goes on to get a good job and have some success. He tried so hard and ultimately came up short.
Goodbye Mr Rodgers, thanks for giving your best. X

This little list certainly wets the appetite

d780886f5435487e3eab6579a12eb377.jpg

Klopp or Ancelotti. Has to be one of them. If we go for someone with the same background as Rodgers this wont change much.

He blew his own trumpet at every opportunity, won nothing in his tenure, and will be leaving with probably more money than 99.9% of people on here will ever earn. All this while keeping our beloved team on a downward spiral and not being able, or refusing to believe it was going so badly. I have no pity at all for him, and just look forward to a new manager galvanising what I really believe is a half decent squad into actually playing some decent football and getting us some results.

I'd wait to see who the new manager is before he's heralded as the next saviour

It was obvious to everyone except FSG that he needed to go after last season... now whomever comes in is saddled with Benteke, etc. instead of being handed funds to build the team as they see fit.

Anyway, the season starts now and as more than a few have mentioned, there's still everything to play for. Looking forward to the rest of the season and I couldn't say that an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom