• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh FFS ! Karius out for 8-10 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a big deal. Mignolet is not the horror show that everyone seems to think, and I don't think Karius is quite the game changer that he's being made out to be. We'll cope for a few games without him.

We haven't seen enough of Karius to judge, but it was both comforting and exciting to know that one of our weaker players had been ousted. There is some big matches early on too.

Karius's willingness to distribute as quickly as possible is so refreshing and something not seen since Pepe was in goal.
I almost don't care about his shot stopping abilities. It's seeing someone in goal with a football brain and strong mentality which I've been wanting to see so much. Unfortunately we now have a 'good shotstopper' who has no football brain, is shite at playing football and mentally frail back in goal. Dreading it.

So.... It's Mingy or Mangy to start in nets...

Mignolet is Ok-ish

But it must be apparent to him now that he's going to lose his place to Karius.

It was probably quite a blow to his psyche. And now he's back between the sticks for our toughest games. Will be interesting to see how he reacts. (Well, interesting if you're an Arsenal fan that is!)

The £4.7million summer signing from Mainz has flown home from the club's tour of America after breaking a bone in his right hand.
Karius is facing surgery and will be sidelined for up to 10 weeks.

Klopp insists he hadn't yet decided who would be No 1 come the trip to Arsenal on August 14 but Mignolet is now certain to start ahead of veteran Alex Manninger.
Asked about the blow of losing Karius, Klopp said: “You never want an injured player and there’s never a good time with the timing of injuries.
“It’s not cool for him, not cool for us but it won’t change and we have to take it.

“We have another three goalkeepers. Everyone knows about the quality of Simon Mignolet. He’s made a really good impression in the first few days back in training and we also have a very experienced one in Alex Manninger and a very young one in Shamal George.

“A broken bone in the hand for a goalkeeper isn’t great. It’s not the worst but it could have been even worse. Six, eight, 10 weeks out, whatever, is not the longest period but it’s not too good either.

“It's not that I'd decided who was No 1. It was just about collecting information about the two players. “It was a battle between him and Simon and now that battle is decided for the next few weeks 100%.

“I’m of course really happy we have Simon and hopefully he will stay in the race and not get injured. We will need to give the other two match time now too.”

Mignolet is Ok-ish

But it must be apparent to him now that he's going to lose his place to Karius.

It was probably quite a blow to his psyche. And now he's back between the sticks for our toughest games. Will be interesting to see how he reacts. (Well, interesting if you're an Arsenal fan that is!)
He did play quite well once he lost his place to Brad Jones of all people, so hopefully he'll be up for it again this time.
Don't trust him but hope he does well.

How bad is this break? One of the articles said he felt discomfort, surely you can play with discomfort?

Can we give him injections or make him sleep in an oxygen tent like they did with Rooney and Beckham's metatarsals.

I'm not a Mignolet fan, I've seen hungry toddlers with more mental strength.

Discomfort is one thing - why on earth would you play a goalkeeper with a fractured finger though. Unless you wanted him to suffer permanent damage.

^^^ That's sounds a bit sarcastic and unnecessarily pessimistic. Your posts are normally sunbeams and jewels Sean. Lighten up fuzzball. :)

Klopp's disingenuous and vague statements have proven to be good in this case. He can tell Ming that he was always going to play, he's his number one keeper, hug him, and so forth. Then cast him aside like a used condom in ten weeks time.

How bad is this break? One of the articles said he felt discomfort, surely you can play with discomfort?

Can we give him injections or make him sleep in an oxygen tent like they did with Rooney and Beckham's metatarsals.

I'm not a Mignolet fan, I've seen hungry toddlers with more mental strength.

Depends on which bone is fractured, also if it's unstable due to ligament damage

We need to buy a new keeper before the season starts or recall Ward....we just can't have the mignuseless in goal for the first 8 league games.

He is the worst goalkeeper ever, and moreno is the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom