• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other European Games, 1-3 October

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it happens consistently and teams start getting fucked over by 5 goal margins - don't care who you are, they won't. But it is kinda irrelevant these days, no one actually knows who is a good player and who is a sh*t player these days - just ask Serge from tonight.

There’s your marker. If it happens consistently. This is once off so enjoy it

I'm torn (and also can't sleep) on this subject. Just found out one of the best friends from uni of my best friends from home who went to the same uni died suddenly today.

I knew him well and he was dead sound but I'd only see him when I saw him.

Anyway he was a massive Spurs fan and I was wondering how I should react to them getting merked and it seems only appropriate that I raise a glass while having a giggle at all these stupid memes and stats of how shit Spurs are. It's probably not what he'd want to be reminded of it but it feels more poignant. I have no idea where I'm going with this but 2-7, he died at 27 who knows what weird shit this universe is made of. RIP dude

Gotta enjoy the little things or otherwise
Shite news mate. FWIW I'd argue that reaction is simply normal & healthy, instead of some faux, ott public outpouring of grief that people seem to deem necessary in every situation now. X

My mate from Uni dropped dead from a heart attack three weeks ago, while on holiday in Spain with his family. He was 47.

Texted another old friend to let him know, and he casually mentioned that his heart stopped beating for several minutes while out on a bike ride in July and then it happened again last week and his newly implanted defibrillator had to re-start his heart again.

Scary really, as both of them were very fit.

As for Spurs: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha.

I don't care about the other teams losing but not by such high margins. That is just wrong. Like it or not - the English teams do represent the best the PL has to offer and if every team lost by the margin that Spurs has done tonight then trust me long term it would be hard to attract the best players or keep them at our clubs.

Fuck Spurs and fuck the "PL flag" whatever the fuck that is, you fucking moron, moron.

I don't like seeing this - because it is bad for our league's reputation overall. Spurs should not be getting fucked up like that, and their manager does deserve better from those wank players. It is up to us to fly the PL flag in Europe and fuck these other 'elite' teams over guys. Lets go again !!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha v ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The game was quite close in the first half and if spurs were a more clinical it would have been a different result. What bargain ganabry looks, ripped spurs apart and caused us problems last season. The second half collapse was embarrassing and spurs gift bayen goals. Serge aurier is an awful footballer.

The game was quite close in the first half and if spurs were a more clinical it would have been a different result. What bargain ganabry looks, ripped spurs apart and caused us problems last season. The second half collapse was embarrassing and spurs gift bayen goals. Serge aurier is an awful footballer.

He's thick as fuck. Not like "haha, you're stupid" thick, I mean almost clinically retarded.

Literally no idea how to play football as a full-back. At one point he was hanging around in space you'd expect Eriksen or Kane to be, and a Spurs player had to fucking scream at him to get back in his actual position. Never seen anything like it.

Didn't help that the two CBs were made to look about 100 years old, and Harry Winks looks like he needs a mobility scooter.

Gnabry was brilliant when Norn Iron played Germany at Windsor park. It was actually a very tight game for the most part, but he was the one that troubled the defence all evening. Guile matched with a relentless work ethic. He'd be a perfect Klopp player.

P190507-101-Liverpool_Barcelona-324x235.jpg

Spurs got a reminder of their CL final woes

Aurier was also lucky not to get a red card early on
[bcolor=#ffffff]

In my head Gnabry is a dog, related to Gnasher & Gnipper, of The Beano fame, of course. I can't actually picture what he looks like without picturing the cartoon dogs.

Think it's cos when I was a kid I said the G when I pronounced their names.

Aurier was also lucky not to get a red card early on
[bcolor=#ffffff][/bcolor]

To go from walker, tripper to aurier is massive drop in quality. According to the the commentary by hoddle, he was trying to jump over the player and he still couldn't get that right.

In my head Gnabry is a dog, related to Gnasher & Gnipper, of The Beano fame, of course. I can't actually picture what he looks like without picturing the cartoon dogs.

Think it's cos when I was a kid I said the G when I pronounced their names.
I agree, but I'd add that it also puts me in mind of this song (bought to me by the Light Programmme/Radio 2's Junior Choice back in the day)

Napoli slipping up just like they did last year. They beat us in the first game both times and have dropped points against the weakest team (again) in their next game.

Genk 0-0 Napoli

Truth be told Napoli didn't deserve the 3 points, they really are no where near as impressive away from home as they are at home.

Glad I watched that. Genk were very good... except for their striker (Koulibaly was allowed to shoulder him off the ball fairly all game, the type of foul the ref normally calls imo). Napoli have let us back in for top spot. But that will not be an easy away game.

Glad I watched that. Genk were very good... except for their striker (Koulibaly was allowed to shoulder him off the ball fairly all game, the type of foul the ref normally calls imo). Napoli have let us back in for top spot. But that will not be an easy away game.
Genk were tidy and deserved the draw but there was nothing to suggest they will cause us problems. Napoli were very predictable going forward and very little pace or trickery to get through the Genk defence. Our forward line should have more success against that defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom