• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
First comment nails it

From the perfect result to the shite result that performance deserved in the space of 2mins.

Piss poor once we conceded.

Referee was a disgrace as well, timekeeping in extra time was disgusting, we played about 5 mins of that half an hour.

[article]
I’m so angry. To just throw it away right at the end is fucking pathetic. Can’t even blame not having a striker as we scored the goals we are just weak as wet tissue mentally and bottled it. Fucking gutted

[/article]
[article]Typical City lives on, just waiting for the fuckup in the league now just to top it off.
[/article]
[article]We are complete bottle merchants in Europe. Simple as that.
[/article]
[article]Don’t care what anyone says that was a fucking collapse at the end
[/article]
[article]The ref and ourselves have done this, De bruyne was poor as fuck, sterling does nothing most of the time and Ederson doesn't seem to save shots but is hugely important to our game. Fuck knows the answer. Despondent is the word. Real are shite, but they won and it makes me think we're wearing blue tinted glasses and we're not as good as we think we are. Poor.
[/article]
[article]Disgusting that City.

You had it won and then shit the bed.
[/article]
[article]Sleepless night incoming, FFS
[/article]
[article]quadruple is done.
[/article]
[article]Game management skills akin to a box of fucking fish fingers.
[/article]
[article]I still have no idea what I've just witnessed. God help those players for the remaining league games of the season. That was a confidence killer...
[/article]
[article]
Well, let's look on the bright side...

At least Ronnie won the World Championship!
[/article]
[article]Tottenham hotspurs, now available in Sky blue!
[/article]

[article]No shots in 90 mins, 3 goals conceded in 94 mins, disgraceful, kdb Rodri Jesus took off, disgraceful, best manager in the world needs to take a look at himself
[/article]
[article]I wish we could fuck this bent competition off. It’s corrupt to the core
[/article]
[article]Never really liked this Chumps league anyway, can we opt out of it next season?
[/article]
[article]It’s better than losing to the dippers in the final
[/article]
[article]Bunch of fucking soft arse bottlers - time and time and time and time again the same thing in this competition.

Sorry but Guardiola has to take responsibility for this.

His record in this competition is fucking shite and the club is literally a laughing stock when it comes to Europe.
[/article]
[article]Absolute bottle jobs. We won’t win the champions league no chance. I gaurentee we won’t win the league either. Write the season off and sign Haaland. And bin off that useless fucking Sterling
[/article]
[article]How the fuck are we gonna lift ourselves for Sunday? We’re demoralised and totally knackered
[/article]
[article]That was the most cityitus thing I've ever seen. I feel physically sick.
[/article]
[article]Who do we back in the final? Which is the lesser of two turds? I might have to side with the plastic cheating club Real Madrid. Can't face the dippers winning the quad.
[/article]
[article]Bullshit. No way did RM deserve to win that, they scabbed it. Iffy pen, so-called extra time cut short - I timed it with a stopwatch for every sub, every time the match was stopped for players going down and I timed it at over 7 mins. The ref didn't even play the full 3 mins. Our record over the past decade shows we're good enough, piece of piss when you get to play Benfica and Villareal but we never do.
[/article]
[article]I'm broken, completely. I don't blame the ref. He was a standard UCL ref. I don't blame Pep.

When you have Gillingham and QPR you're gonna also get them against you. If you don't experience pain them how can you ever know pleasure.

My 11 year old is crying.
[/article]
[article]A fucking no mark sub knocks us out,but that’s all on the players too many don’t have the character too roll sleeves up when the going gets tough or be savvy to see the game out,I’ll tell you what if we were 2 down to Villarreal last night at HT we would have also lost,we can’t see a simple fucking game out for ten fucking mins,well done Madrid they deserved it as they still believed and kept going..As for the ref what a cnut but he’s not to blame for us bottling that game just fuck off..
[/article]
[article]Media blackout from now till the season kicks back off in August as that result will be the nail in the coffin for what's left of this one
[/article]
[article]Erodes confidence in the players not bottling the league too. Just a disastrous night
[/article]
[article]Can’t help but feel this side has peaked. need fresh faces still fuming we missed out on a striker last summer and bought someone who we don’t need for 100 fucking million
[/article]
[article]Is there a GK in world football who makes less saves than that useless lump in our goal? Cost us another huge CL match, why didn't he make a move towards the ball for their 1st?..
Never mind getting a decent striker in, let's get a decent goalkeeper in at the same time, somebody who can actually make an important save when it matters in a big match. Didn't even move for the 2nd and as for the penalty, what is is his penalty save ratio...1 in a 100?
Seriously pissed off...3 goals conceded in 5 minutes, that's worse bottling than PSG.
Dias as well, shouts a lot and points a lot but at the end of the day, it disguises the fact he's a pretty average centre half.
Saving grace...no dippers to worry about in the CL final
[/article]
[article]The horrible truth is that Liverpool will fucking murder Real Madrid.
[/article]
[article]All on the players. That yellow streak in this group was laid bare
[/article]

[article]A fucking no mark sub knocks us out,but that’s all on the players too many don’t have the character too roll sleeves up when the going gets tough or be savvy to see the game out,I’ll tell you what if we were 2 down to Villarreal last night at HT we would have also lost,we can’t see a simple fucking game out for ten fucking mins,well done Madrid they deserved it as they still believed and kept going..As for the ref what a cnut but he’s not to blame for us bottling that game just fuck off..
[/article]
Some of them can see it as it is at least.

Some of them can see it as it is at least.

Yeah - credit to them for that. Strange why they fear us so much and losing to us so much. I feel the same way about having to face them most of the time - but for the fact that I always feel they are just one press away from being destroyed by any above average team. That game was fucking mad though - crazy shit, they really should not have lost it. I can only hope this puts their morale so far down they fuck the league up.

Please note - I really fear facing Madrid, I don't see us murdering them, the way they play is strange and we know how hard and tactical their manager is, even when you feel like you are in control - you are not really, I still remember those fucking horrible games against Napoli, and that last one we played against Everton last season while he was in charge. The final is going to be a fucking nightmare for us.

Yeah - credit to them for that. Strange why they fear us so much and losing to us so much. I feel the same way about having to face them most of the time - but for the fact that I always feel they are just one press away from being destroyed by any above average team. That game was fucking mad though - crazy shit, they really should not have lost it. I can only hope this puts their morale so far down they fuck the league up.

Please note - I really fear facing Madrid, I don't see us murdering them, the way they play is strange and we know how hard and tactical their manager is, even when you feel like you are in control - you are not really, I still remember those fucking horrible games against Napoli, and that last one we played against Everton last season while he was in charge. The final is going to be a fucking nightmare for us.
Nah, their luck is going to run out. City should have murdered them. We'll actually go through with it.

Nah, their luck is going to run out. City should have murdered them. We'll actually go through with it.

:) - I don't share your confidence about facing Real Madrid, I still remember last season's first half very well in my mind, we were pretty much like last night - non existent before we lost 3-1 to them. I think Carlo has that x-factor, and knows us as a team too well, and how we play.

But at least we are in the final

We can do both, not underestimate them and annihilate them at the same time.

Year of the redemption. Us on Madrid and Gerrard winning the league for us.

I don't want to jinx it - but just imagine we win the Quad - a few doubts and questions will be removed about us when the other rivals talk about us:

1) Win the FA cup in footballing time - we finally beat Chelsea in a game of football this season,
2) Win the league - City cannot say the better team lost because we beat them in the FA Cup semi on neutral ground.
3) Win the CL - wet get revenge and prove to the whole of Europe we beat the teams that beat the other European Royalty and Upstarts, and we beat the team that is considered the King of European Football and La Liga Champs.

and if West Ham get to win the Europa Cup - we get to play them in the European Super-Cup and if we beat them then they can also shut the fuck up because we beat them 2 times out of 3.

If we finish chances in first 30 minutes, we will win. I think we can overwhelm them early as City did in both games. Need to put the game out of sight early and then not fuck up in the 90th+ minutes.

If we miss our early chances, it will be really hard.

That 2nd Rodrygo goal was one of the luckiest, most clutch and consequential goals I've ever seen. A cross from deep, everyone jumps and the ball slightly deflects off a head on another teammate (Ascensio, I think?) perfectly on Rodrygo's forehead and bounces into the net. He had no time to adjust or even notice – it literally just hit him on the head and flew into the net at a precise angle that could beat the goalkeeper. For this to happen in the 91st minute of a Champions League semi-final... wow, there must be some black magic involved.

That 2nd Rodrygo goal was one of the luckiest, most clutch and consequential goals I've ever seen. A cross from deep, everyone jumps and the ball slightly deflects off a head on another teammate (Ascensio, I think?) perfectly on Rodrygo's forehead and bounces into the net. He had no time to adjust or even notice – it literally just hit him on the head and flew into the net at a precise angle that could beat the goalkeeper. For this to happen in the 91st minute of a Champions League semi-final... wow, there must be some black magic involved.
I've just covered this :

You ignore the power of juju at your peril!

On one hand, good post

On the other hand, your use of the word clutch invalidates everything else you just said

I've never seen a streakier team than this Madrid side. PSG, Chelsea and City all should have comfortably beaten them. On one hand they really arent that good, they concede at the first sign of danger but the fact that they can somehow win games while being battered senseless is terrifying and mystifying in equal measure. Particularly as it's not a tactic to sit back soak up pressure and rope-a-dope, they just seem to fall arsebackward into a penalty every 60 mins or so.

Madrid have to be the most clutch European competition team , time and time again they look down and out and then recover in the most mad fashion.

They're not even that good.

City had enough chances to bury them in the first leg and after scoring last night should have had 2/3 more

What does it even mean?
From Google

adjective

INFORMAL•US

(in sport) denoting or occurring at a critical situation in which the outcome of a game or competition is at stake.

"they both are hard-nosed players who seem to thrive in clutch situations"

Clutch is a completely accurate description of real the last 2 rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom