• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to your first question is "no". ;)

Hard to tell re the second question. The one ManU fan I know well would definitely prefer City to win it but that may well be because I've been having some sport with him this season. :vamp:

Last edited:
Most united fans are terrified of us equalling their league title record,as they know it will be ages until they get another chance and we're already battering them on CLs. They'd rather City won the lot than we won anything.

Some RedCafe comments (note many are not MU supporters) on the CL final :

On the champions league final, Real Madrid need all the help. Can that fat ass Hazard turn up for one game for Madrid, just one ? And the forgotten man who won them the CL before, Gareth Bale , just for the last time in your last game.

Seriously, I can't see Madrid beating Liverpool although it could be 5-3!

They were maybe slightly lucky across both legs against PSG, they were definitely lucky across both legs against Chelsea and they were definitely lucky across both legs against City. As reflected in the chances they repeatedly handed their opponents versus the chances they made themselves. Maybe they'll be lucky against Liverpool too, maybe they'll play better, but I'd generally back the better performing team.

(On RM) : I'll never forget that they always represented the "biggest money club" for as long as I can think of. Hope for a humiliating 4:0 beating of 'em personally

The mentality muppets will destroy Madrid. Easiest run to a Champions League win ever for the Scouse?

At least this gives us someone to cheer for in the final. City-Liverpool was like which eye do you want a fork stuck into.

(Spanish RM Fan) : I wish I will get it wrong but Liverpool are a different animal to PSG, Chelsea and City and they are big favourites for this final. They have a mix of all the strongest points those other teams had: clinical strikers (PSG), intensity (Chelsea) and technical and tactical brilliance (City). And what to say about Klopp. He's at least as good as Guardiola but he makes his teams more adaptable to different scenarios. A really scary prospect.

Will Madrid start Rodrygo and Camavinga or will they go with Kroos and Valverde again? I can see why old heads and being more compact is better, but I'm not sure if they'll have enough time over 90 minutes to change things around if things don't go well. Van Djik, Konate, Fabinho and Alisson is a whole other level to City's defence.

If City had Alisson instead of Ederson they’d be in the final I believe.

Hopefully Ramos taught somebody else his Fujiwara armbar before he left.

Liverpool has lost 2 of their last 3 games against them (2018 final, 2021 QFs). (LFC Fan replies) : You did. We had Phillips and Kabak on defense though. Complete different animal now.

If Villarreal are such a piece of cake, pray tell, why couldn’t we put them to bed in an easier European competition? I’ve said this before but it is absolutely okay to give Liverpool credit where it’s due. I promise you it does not make you less of a united fan.

I was convinced Liverpool would win it at the start of the season.

Real Madrid have been incredibly luck to get to this point, almost to a scripted-like level of unbelievability. I think that is going to end at some point; they are teetering on a knife edge towards a hammering. . . I think this game might not actually be all that close.

(RM fan) : We don't lose CL finals. (Reply from another poster) : The last time you lost one was to LFC in Paris.

(Another RM fan) : I don't think we'll be destroyed, I can imagine an even match in which without the Bernabéu we'll lose that extra. I would say they are slight favourites.
I don't think having to compete for the Premier is going to affect them more than us having three weeks with nothing to do. This could have a poetic final, epic comebacks game after game and end up dying on the shore.

(Another RM fan) : Salah will be locked away on Mendy Island. It's Mane that terrifies me

Klopp is too good. I know Ancelotti has ultimate CL pedigree, but Klopp has always been brilliant and he has his team fully tuned. Our only hope is Benzema.

(RM Fan) : Honestly, our best chance is if Alisson, VVD, Robertson and Fabinho pick up injuries and miss the game

Learning yesterday that Madrid have lost a European Cup final to Liverpool before has changed my stance. I know it doesn't make sense given that it was ages ago. I was already leaning towards a Liverpool win, they're just too strong for anyone right now and they're not the underdogs anymore. Madrid don't have the physicality to stage late comebacks against a team that is so strong on the counter.
This ain't the promised meltdown, its surprisingly level headed and respectful discussion about the final. Its nice to be so feared.

There is a 3rd, possibly even worse option...(from a Scum perspective)

If Liverpool and City end the season on the same number of points, with the same goal difference and having scored the same number of goals, then we both win and they'd have to suffer the ignominy of not only their greatest rivals equalling their number of titles, but also their local rivals also winning the league

It does go to a play off as our head to heads both finished 2-2

Highly unlikely though. Would need them to draw 2 and win 2. And us to win 3 and lose 1.

Along with finishing on same number of goals scored and against.

Last edited:
Apparently no play-off:

https://www.premierleague.com/premier-league-explained

[article][bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)]If any clubs finish with the same number of points, their position in the Premier League table is determined by goal difference, then the number of goals scored. If the teams still cannot be separated, they will be awarded the same position in the table.[/bcolor][/article]

The fumes “other premier league games“ thread

[article]Liverpool have England on VAR AGAIN. How many times is that?
[/article]
[article]Absolutely ridiculous and should be called out by the media. But it won’t be
[/article]
[article]Liverpool have him on a retainer! Any owner who thinks it fine hacking into another clubs database would have no scruples of getting people in the right jobs in premier football. Can’t stand the rancid Liverpool owner.
[/article]
[article]Predictable appointments, PL and PGMOL not even hiding it. Perfect appointment for Dippers for a tough looking game with their Pet ref and Var and we get the worst ref in the league who was totally out of his depth in midweek in the Bournemouth v Forest game following his equally bad and biased officiating for Dippers v Everton
[/article]
[article]Last 3 PL games Var for dippers:
Everton: Darren England (and again we saw how he protected the Dippers)
Newcastle: Dipper Dean
Tottenham: Darren England (yet again)
And no media looks into how many times the same officials get Dippers yet Dippers complain mid December about Tierney and they have not had him as ref since. Riley bending over for them
[/article]
[article]Michael OliVARpool and Darren Dipper England making sure of the result regardless.
[/article]
[article]
There's no jeopardy at Anfield, they get every decision there, red cards, penalties, they all go their way.

So for once I don't think I'll be watching.

I'll wait until our game on Sunday.

[/article]

The database hacking conspiracy still amuses me. They logged into a third party website using a password that City didn’t change after the scouting team left. They make it sound like we engaged a load of teenage boys to launch cyber-warfare on City’s servers.
And they probably only did that because they didn’t have the foresight to download all the data onto a memory stick before they left, like just about everyone has ever done when they change jobs.
And you’ve got to think that if they’d identified some absolute superstars, they’d have remembered their names anyway.

The database hacking conspiracy still amuses me. They logged into a third party website using a password that City didn’t change after the scouting team left. They make it sound like we engaged a load of teenage boys to launch cyber-warfare on City’s servers.
And they probably only did that because they didn’t have the foresight to download all the data onto a memory stick before they left, like just about everyone has ever done when they change jobs.
And you’ve got to think that if they’d identified some absolute superstars, they’d have remembered their names anyway.

It was 2013. I think we bought Rickie Lambert and Balotelli.

They probably logged on because they forgot how to spell Musialowski

It does go to a play off as our head to heads both finished 2-2

Highly unlikely though. Would need them to draw 2 and win 2. And us to win 3 and lose 1.

Along with finishing on same number of goals scored and against.
Would be pretty exciting like.

Good thing they are about to spend 300 mill this summer then.
That will get him some full backs and centre backs.

Pep Guardiola: "I don’t know if we can win the #UCL in the future. The investment from our owners was not just to win the Champions League, but it is to be where we are; competing. It’s remarkable to me where we are, I’m proud..."

Spent 1 billion £. Competing.

Pep Guardiola: "I don’t know if we can win the #UCL in the future. The investment from our owners was not just to win the Champions League, but it is to be where we are; competing. It’s remarkable to me where we are, I’m proud..."

Spent 1 billion £. Competing.

Yeah competing with PSG really. Both probably thought they would rule Europe through these two clubs. Has not worked out.

Anyway - did anyone see that press conference when Guardiola walked in ? - either he was crying before he walked in or was sniffing something strong.

Chelsea Fan :

People give RAWK grief, but Bluemoon has to be THE most deluded, nauseating forum ive ever read. Full of agenda cries, bias, arrogance and self entitlement.

Always something ref related when they lose. Always UEFA agenda when they lose in Europe. Always Sky desperate for them to lose so Lpool can win the league. BT always celebrate opposition goals and barely give anything when City score. Always Sky turning the mics down at Etihad so they can write articles about poor atmosphere. On and on and on it goes ...

Chelsea Fan :

People give RAWK grief, but Bluemoon has to be THE most deluded, nauseating forum ive ever read. Full of agenda cries, bias, arrogance and self entitlement.

Always something ref related when they lose. Always UEFA agenda when they lose in Europe. Always Sky desperate for them to lose so Lpool can win the league. BT always celebrate opposition goals and barely give anything when City score. Always Sky turning the mics down at Etihad so they can write articles about poor atmosphere. On and on and on it goes ...
Was this on the Bluemoon forum itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom