• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done this a few times. It's seriously piss easy and is very enjoyable. The only problems were I wasn't getting enough hours, and you do get the odd tricky question about English grammar. Are past participles a form of irregular verb? Fucked if I know, mate.

There's a bunch of Greek businessmen rocking up to meetings in the City in London activating their conversational English from Athens, sticking their hand out and saying, "bout ye, big mon, how's it hanging? Look, we're fucken skint, so do youse do tick? Square you up no prob'em like. Dead on."

There's a bunch of Greek businessmen rocking up to meetings in the City in London activating their conversational English from Athens, sticking their hand out and saying, "bout ye, big mon, how's it hanging? Look, we're fucken skint, so do youse do tick? Square you up no prob'em like. Dead on."
These guys were all Russian, Ukrainian and eastern European in general. The 3ε coca cola people own the rights to bottle coke in half of Europe. They also have the rights in Ireland (north and south), hence my employment! They were getting used to the accent...

My twins are fucking boss to be fair.

They sleep 7pm to 6.30am most days, they play together and occupy each other, they crack me up with their antics. Its like living with a drunk midget troop.

Yeah they hard work sometimes, but even thats getting less and less.

We met friends at Cliveden on Sunday and they were just let loose, wandering about and shit. No buggies, or anything. First time we went out and let them free. It was ace.

Plus the eldest is 12 so she is a 3rd parent and their grandparents are ace and help us out loads.

The payoff is fucking great. I love the cuddles and bants. And I get to teach them all about music and films and sport and stuff. Coz Molly gives less than a fuck about my opinion about ANYTHING anymore.

Couldn't agree more Froggy. I am sure there will always be a demand for your photography, you've posted some amazing shots on this site.

I hadn't actually intended to retire but was bored shitless for years in the office and at a recent director's meeting I spontaneously just asked if the other director's would buy me out at a very competitive price......they couldn't say no.

Funnily enough I'll probably go back to work part-time when we move to Czech Republic (fuck Brexit etc) either side of Xmas because in my wife's hometown there is a huge shortage of English speaking people and I already have job offers to give lessons in "conversational English" to business people. I think it could be fun and a good way to meet new people.
Cheers ! I've just been accepted as one of the artists for a US company that rents original art and photographs to companies, rich-but-can't-be-arsed-so-hires-an-agent, or in fact anyone that requires art to cover walls on a temporary basis so hopefully that'll be good, they can buy them too if they prefer.

I was in Cz Rep last year, had a great time being taken around by one of my wife's clients who owns a large factory there. Can't remember the name of the town except that it was around 90-120 mins from Prague, so that only leaves around 200 towns to choose from. Nice country but a little quiet outside of Prague, reminds me a bit of Austria in terms of lifestyle.

When I first left the UK eons ago, I took a TOEFL licence with me so that I could always have teaching English to fall back on. Only ever used it for a while whilst living in HK - parents always want their children to speak great English.

Last edited:
Cheers ! I've just been accepted as one of the artists for a US company that rents original art and photographs to companies, rich-but-can't-be-arsed-so-hires-an-agent, or in fact anyone that requires art to cover walls on a temporary basis so hopefully that'll be good, they can buy them too if they prefer.

I was in Cz Rep last year, had a great time being taken around by one of my wife's clients who owns a large factory there. Can't remember the name of the town except that it was around 90-120 mins from Prague, so that only leaves around 200 towns to choose from. Nice country but a little quiet outside of Prague, reminds me a bit of Austria in terms of lifestyle.

When I first left the UK eons ago, I took a TOEFL licence with me so that I could always have teaching English to fall back on. Only ever used it for a while whilst living in HK - parents always want their children to speak great English.
Agents are great I worked for ten years before I got one he doubled my wage and cut my tax.

All fun down at redcafe. Go and see for yourselves. It's fully worth it. I suspect the place will implode after the post match presser. It's even more fun as apparently Fergie turned up for the first time after his brain op. For some reason his return has been spoilt by Maureen and his shit footy tactics.

My personal favourites (because it's so true) is from 'Fridge Chutney' - "We've become rubbish at home". Massive LOLS

How about this from 'AndyJ1985' "Poor manager and too many poor players in the team. Same old rubbish performance, the only difference is this time we didn't get the luck we usually rely on" :D

I'm loving this Egyptian poster on Redcafe, where you can't help hearing his voice in the style of some hammy one line actor from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

We pay SAF with such kind of performance and result ? Absolute disgusting ?

Nothing new. We're the most arrogant team for nothing around. Few false down wins are enough of the team to stroll around and doing much.

Top 4 will be a miracle this season. Let's hope Spurs will remain shite.

RedCafe now has a "When will Utd win their next title" thread... : )

The realistic ones are showing some signs of concern on the Liverpool 2018/19 thread

There's also this absolute classic from Random Task

The inevitable collapse will occur at some point during the season, just as it has done on multiple occasions over the last 30 years.

Liverpool do not win league titles.​

Ha Ha - Football started with Sky and the Class of '92 ;-)

Liverpool have had more league titles than Utd from when the league was inaugurated until 2010!!
They were briefly level with us on 7 from the 1966 season until 1972 when we added our 8th.
Arsenal were briefly ahead on 8 which they won in the 1970 season - after that we led the league title count for 38 years : )
Utd are currently on 8 years and counting - let's see if they last 38...

RedCafe now has a "When will Utd win their next title" thread... : )

The realistic ones are showing some signs of concern on the Liverpool 2018/19 thread

There's also this absolute classic from Random Task

Ha Ha - Football started with Sky and the Class of '92 ;-)

Liverpool have had more league titles than Utd from when the league was inaugurated until 2010!!
They were briefly level with us on 7 from the 1966 season until 1972 when we added our 8th.
Arsenal were briefly ahead on 8 which they won in the 1970 season - after that we led the league title count for 38 years : )
Utd are currently on 8 years and counting - let's see if they last 38...

In fairness we haven’t won a title in a very long time.

We’ve certainly started very strongly this season but City are still clear favourites.

Ross Barkley today, saying he's happy at Chelsea as it's always been a dream of his 'to play for a really big club'. Release the Blue Noses!

Not really a burn is it? If he said big club it would be worse. But it’s easy to see Everton as a big club and Chelsea as a really big club in his eyes

We’ve certainly started very strongly this season but City are still clear favourites.
They aren't clear favourites, come on now, we are right up there, it could go either way at the moment I'd say.

That's undeniable, 28 years is a long time, longer than Utd went without.

I'm not saying we'll beat City this year (although I'm more hopeful than at any point I can remember)

But "Liverpool do not win league titles." ?

My point is we held the record for most league titles unbroken for 38 years - they've had it 8.

They never had more league titles than us at any point until 2010.

We've got 30 years to get ahead of them again and if we do we'll easily have held the league titles record for more time than any other English club.

Puts our (admittedly horrific to live through) drought in perspective...

Last edited:
I think Dreamy has assessed Man City’s chances not by watching them, but based on things Klopp has said in interviews about their performances.

They aren't clear favourites, come on now, we are right up there, it could go either way at the moment I'd say.

I can see why you might think that but after 6 games and with the our squad compared with theirs in terms of quality in depth they are still clear favourites for me.

Even if we beat them in two weeks.
Unless we build up a huge lead points wise I won’t be putting us favourites until I see how we do with the later stages of the CL and the pressure of must win league games every week.

That's undeniable, 28 years is a long time, longer than Utd went without.

I'm not saying we'll beat City this year (although I'm more hopeful than at any point I can remember)

But "Liverpool do not win league titles." ?

My point is we held the record for most league titles unbroken for 38 years - they've had it 8.

They never had more league titles than us at any point until 2010.

We've got 30 years to get ahead of them again and if we do we'll easily have held the league titles record for more time than any other English club.

Puts our (admittedly horrific to live through) drought in perspective...

Of course the statement that this club doesn’t win league titles is false but that post sounds like it’s talking about over the last 3 decades. Maybe he/she should have said, Liverpool don’t win league titles anymore.

We certainly are in great shape to be the biggest challengers at the moment but I’ve always felt like the real test will be after Xmas when we could avarge 3 games a week for weeks on end. That will be the deciding factor in my opinion,

City’s depth is insane.

Of course the statement that this club doesn’t win league titles is false but that post sounds like it’s talking about over the last 3 decades. Maybe he/she should have said, Liverpool don’t win league titles anymore.

We certainly are in great shape to be the biggest challengers at the moment but I’ve always felt like the real test will be after Xmas when we could avarge 3 games a week for weeks on end. That will be the deciding factor in my opinion,

City’s depth is insane.

STFU...

Despite our failure to win league titles - we have been constant challengers the timeline. By that I mean we have usually stayed in contention to win it until at least say January/February. Even with that poor record - I think of at least 3 to 4 times where we have come 2nd maybe ? We can win the league - but now more than ever it really is hard with the way City are - I mean they just don't lose enough to allow anyone breathing space. When united were winning at least they had really bad moments like losing to other teams 6-x - but that City lot just don't slip up like that. You cannot hope that other teams will beat them or keep them to a draw.

City’s depth is insane.
Wait!! I thought Spurs were going to be second and were the team in ‘great shape to be the biggest challengers’

Puzzled Pat. You dont even think we will finish second right?

Wait!! I thought Spurs were going to be second and were the team in ‘great shape to be the biggest challengers’

Puzzled Pat. You dont even think we will finish second right?

Like your good self I can change my opinion based on what I see.

We’ve started a lot better than I expected.

Spurs have stumbled more than I expected.

As I’ve said all along though I do expect us to look great until after Xmas when we are playing three big games a week and then I don’t see our squad being able to cope.

I would thought Spurs would have the ale issue except I don’t think they’ll go deep in the CL.

We will, (I think we’ll win it as I’ve said elsewhere) and that will effect our league finish just like it did last season.

Chelsea have been the biggest surprise so far. They’ve been very good. Hopefully we can knock the confidence out of them twice in a week

Like your good self I can change my opinion based on what I see.

We’ve started a lot better than I expected.

Spurs have stumbled more than I expected.

As I’ve said all along though I do expect us to look great until after Xmas when we are playing three big games a week and then I don’t see our squad being able to cope.

I would thought Spurs would have the ale issue except I don’t think they’ll go deep in the CL.

We will, (I think we’ll win it as I’ve said elsewhere) and that will effect our league finish just like it did last season.

Chelsea have been the biggest surprise so far. They’ve been very good. Hopefully we can knock the confidence out of them twice in a week
Chelsea have played shite teams. Like Citeh. Proper shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom