• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but I still didn’t expect them to win 5 and draw one of their opening 6.

Especially without a really top quality striker. I'll be very surprised if they can keep it up, though. Teams have won titles without a great striker, but it's really unlikely, even if Hazard can get you 2o goals, theoretically.

Especially without a really top quality striker. I'll be very surprised if they can keep it up, though. Teams have won titles without a great striker, but it's really unlikely, even if Hazard can get you 2o goals, theoretically.

City defending the title for the first time is more unlikely. Us winning the title for the first time in decades is also unlikely. Chelsea winning the title off the back of a shit season and having no champions league football to worry about, seems pretty standard.

City defending the title for the first time is more unlikely. Us winning the title for the first time in decades is also unlikely. Chelsea winning the title off the back of a shit season and having no champions league football to worry about, seems pretty standard.
If they’re serious about going deep into Europa League, I’d say it’ll be tougher for them than those in CL.

Pep is the pretty good at retaining domestic titles with the biggest and best squad in the league.

Morata should be that striker but he hasn’t been as good as expected.

Chelsea do have what 10-15 double league winners from the last 4 seasons.

They could easily go on a big run

Morata should be that striker but he hasn’t been as good as expected.

Chelsea do have what 10-15 double league winners from the last 4 seasons.

They could easily go on a big run

Oh certainly yes. They have lots of good players, and the midfield looks very strong, but Luiz is prone to a fuck-up, and as discussed, where are the goals going to come from?

Hazard is always reliable, but Morata and Giroud aren't that prolific. Willian? As if.

Pep is the pretty good at retaining domestic titles with the biggest and best squad in the league.

The other part of that equation is 'with nine out of ten opposition teams rolling over in foregone conclusions of a match' and it doesn't apply so much in this league.

Oh certainly yes. They have lots of good players, and the midfield looks very strong, but Luiz is prone to a fuck-up, and as discussed, where are the goals going to come from?

Hazard is always reliable, but Morata and Giroud aren't that prolific. Willian? As if.

A little like us this season i expect them to share them around.

Hazard
Willian
Morata
Pedro
Alonso
Cesc
Jorginho
Lotus cheek

Jorginho isnt going to get anymore than 2-3 goals i shouldnt think. hes never been a goalscorer.

Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wijnaldum. You would have been laughed off a Utd forum if you had suggested buying any of them for Utd 2 years back. But hey-ho in the right system and with the right manager they are extremely effective and an excellent midfield, more than the sum of their parts.

Utd don't have a system or a defined style of play and our players, as a group, are much less than the sum of their parts.

They played Ross Barkley in their Europa League match. That's pretty far from serious.

I think he quite likes Barkley. He brought him on in the league game too to help unlock West Ham's defence. The Champs League ticket means that these teams are going to take it more seriously than once was the case. It's like the get out of jail free card if their league form falls to shit.

I think he quite likes Barkley. He brought him on in the league game too to help unlock West Ham's defence. The Champs League ticket means that these teams are going to take it more seriously than once was the case. It's like the get out of jail free card if their league form falls to shit.

The poor fool is in for a surprise then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom