• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games (11-13 Feb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Leeds go down, I do hope we'd go for summerville or gnonto

It's fitting that the first weekend day in ages that I have time to sit and watch all the matches, it's United and City against cannon fodder. While our match is moved to the Monday workday.

I have a feeling Villa are in for a spanking today as Pep pulls the "world is against us" bit to rally the troops.

I want as many teams to feel unjustly treated by the financial doping as possible. Arsenal, United and us missing out on leagues because of their cheating? 3 of the largest, most historied clubs in england, all fucked over? The pressure will be huge for the PL to strip them of their titles and redistribute accordingly

That €70m Napoli spent on Osimhen is looking like a bargain now. Hopefully he won't join Man Utd/Chelsea.

Untitled.jpg

Even if they win Serie A, even if they go deeper in Europe, can they hang onto him beyond this season?

I think one of the key factors will be whether/how long Napoli can keep the team together.

That €70m Napoli spent on Osimhen is looking like a bargain now. Hopefully he won't join Man Utd/Chelsea.

View attachment 2542

[article]Victor Osimhen is on track to become Capocannoniere and win the Scudetto with Napoli, but it might not be enough to match Gonzalo Higuain’s all-time Serie A record of 36 goals.

The Nigeria international was on target in tonight’s 3-0 victory over Cremonese, which was his sixth consecutive league fixture on the scoresheet, during which he found the net eight times.

In the 2015-16 season on his way to the record, Higuain did the same.

Tonight’s tap-in took Osimhen’s tally to 17 goals in just 18 Serie A games, having missed four matches due to a femoral bicep strain in September and October.

The all-time record had belonged to Milan legend Gunnar Nordahl for decades, setting 35 goals in the 1949-50 campaign.

That was until Higuain broke it with 36 for Napoli in 2015-16, scoring a hat-trick in the final game against Frosinone, sealed with an acrobatic bicycle-kick.

Ciro Immobile was able to equal the record with 36 goals in the 2019-20 season for Lazio.

There are only 16 rounds left in the current campaign, so to reach the record of 36, Osimhen would need to score 19 goals in those games.[/article]

Didn't see today's game, but this moment was funny:

UPDATE: The original post was deleted, but just look at this clip and substitute Pep for Arteta and Ronaldo for De Bruyne:

Last edited:

Only watched the highlights, but this seemed like a fascinating game – 2 teams that are some way from being the finished article, but bursting with young talent. Absolutely love some of the things Joao Felix did; I would be smitten with him had he played for my team. Mudryk also looks full of danger. Bellingham looked a class above and Adeyemi made Enzo Fernandez look very, very slow for the goal. Anyone watched the full game?

City were a level above Arsenal and won deservedly. Best thing was KDB pushing Playmo head when he kicked the ball away for a City throw in.
Just a shame he didnt push him harder. Arteta is probably one of the most unlikeable managers out there. Deserve all the bottling they get.

Expected them to lose to Man City. The "harm" was done in the Everton and Brentford games. If they hadn't dropped 5 pts, they would still have a comfortable lead despite yesterday's defeat.

Arsenal still have to come to Anfield and go to Etihad and St James Park. Man City do have have any away games to Top 6 sides left. Looks like Gary Neville's right all along.

Expected them to lose to Man City. The "harm" was done in the Everton and Brentford games. If they hadn't dropped 5 pts, they would still have a comfortable lead despite yesterday's defeat.

Arsenal still have to come to Anfield and go to Etihad and St James Park. Man City do have have any away games to Top 6 sides left. Looks like Momo's right all along.
Fixed

Arsenal really caused their own problems last night, 1st goal stupid back pass Tomiyasu. 2nd goal keeper should be doing better despite the deflection and 3rd goal was just terrible by Gabriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom