• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games 17-19 October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m definitely joking and we see players touch the officials all the time. There was nothing in it.

They are probably more respectful to her because she’s a woman.

i think they are which is why this was so surprising

How do you know he wouldn't have done it if the lino was a man?
Big Picture : that's irrelevant. And to answer your previous post on what constitutes sexism. Sexism is discrimination, it doesn't have to be sexual (I actually agree with your sexual assault in the workplace comments). Take another look and tell me he would have done the same if the AR was male ?

Aguero-640x300.jpg

From Benchwarmers :

Aguero could be in trouble here as the referee didn’t seem to pick up on it at the time but it will surely be mentioned after the game as he grabbed the female official by the back of her neck.
The official rules state that he deserves at least a yellow card for the contact but the way he tugs her towards him could be seen or aggressive or controversial which would be a retrospective ban.

Physical contact with match officials
  • A yellow card for physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner (e.g. an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention).
  • A red card for physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.

He was different because it was a female assistant. Had it been a male he’d have screaming something like “You blind cunt that was our ball open your fucking eyes”.
I think he tried that approach first didn't he? This was clearly Plan B.

He'll definitely get a ban. I'm not sure I go with the notion that he wouldn't have done it if it was a man, he might have done and it might then have been looked at a bit differently, but to the letter it's contact first and foremost which constitutes action, the nature of the fact that it's a female official and the sheer fact it's the first time at this level that an incident of this nature has cropped up, means the FA will want to set a precedent.

He'll get banned and Pep will blame Liverpool.

I kinda merged a response to you and Frogfish.

Fair enough on your Mane point. Assuming you're being honest, and I'll believe you are.

There definitely needs to be more respect for officials. The amount of red cards Rooney should've received in his career for screaming "Fuck off you twat!" in the referee's face is countless. But I'd argue we need to clamp down on that first, rather than getting in a tizz over harmless things like what Aguero did.
I agree it's harmless but it's crossing a line in the sand that the FA themselves have drawn. The incident itself isn't a serious incident (although it now seems it wasn't just a hand on the shoulder but he tried to pull her towards him - I actually watched the game but can't remember it in too much detail except that I thought it off at the time) but it's the precedent that needs to be quashed. As I said earlier I believe a retrospective Yellow and a warning would bring to the attention of every footballer that you can not lay a hand on an official in any way or form.

Last edited:
Big Picture : that's irrelevant. And to answer your previous post on what constitutes sexism. Sexism is discrimination, it doesn't have to be sexual (I actually agree with your sexual assault in the workplace comments). Take another look and tell me he would have done the same if the AR was male ?

Aguero-640x300.jpg

From Benchwarmers :

Aguero could be in trouble here as the referee didn’t seem to pick up on it at the time but it will surely be mentioned after the game as he grabbed the female official by the back of her neck.
The official rules state that he deserves at least a yellow card for the contact but the way he tugs her towards him could be seen or aggressive or controversial which would be a retrospective ban.

Physical contact with match officials
  • A yellow card for physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner (e.g. an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention).
  • A red card for physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.

I cannot see those bullets within the laws of the game.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

It would still be classed as misconduct and that page lists the reasons to book or send off a player or manager/coach. That is the very latest version. I don’t know where benchwarmers got their information but I went straight to the FA.

It would still be classed as misconduct and that page lists the reasons to book or send off a player or manager/coach. That is the very latest version. I don’t know where benchwarmers got their information but I went straight to the FA.
As I said I also checked the FAs page but they don't list the chapters unless you download the PDF. I highly doubt they've rescinded that section since 2016 and that everyone (not just Benchwarmers - Google it) are quoting an out of date version. We'll soon find out I guess.

Another game another 1-1 draw. Hopefully foxy has his draw bet today.

Spuds vs Hammers next. Bale on the bench.

[article]
Tottenham Hotspur (a reanimated 4-3-3): Lloris; Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Reguilon; Ndombele, Sissoko, Hojbjerg; Bergwijn, Kane, Son. Subs: Hart, Doherty, Davies, Winks, Moura, Vinicius, Bale.

West Ham United (a sophisticate’s 5-4-1):Fabianski; Coufal, Ogbonna, Balbuena, Cresswell, Masuaku; Bowen, Rice, Soucek, Fornals; Antonio. Subs: Randolph, Fredericks, Diop, Noble, Snodgrass, Lanzini, Yarmolenko.
[/article]

Blame the guardian for the tactics “jokes”.

I mentioned it elsewhere, I don't think we'll win the league, but I honestly don't have any clue who will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom