• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im dead chuffed about this one.
I do get the concerns in that he hasnt truly lived up to his promise, but unlike say Dele Alli he has been rotated in and out of rhe side. And we have undoubtably seen glimpses of a really good player.
This is one I really trust Klopp on. If you look at what Klopp has done with Lallana, Can and Mane bringing their game on so much you just have to say fair play and trust the man will bring out the player we had all the hype about 4 years ago. At 22 there is plenty of time.

And its so so soooo fucking good he jibbed Chelsea. The fucking champions by the way.

Hes already become a favourite for me.
Oh and he WAS on the list a few years back.
Wenger got him culled the fucking beakers grandad looking motherfucker.

Time's running out already, because he's actually 24

Oh fucking balls. I've never been more underwhelmed about a signing but as always I'll stay genki and get behind the big guy. Fuck me! Jaysus!!!!!!!!!!

At least sturridge will have company on the treatment table.
0ec2bc33bb0a1ffc635c28c0f6447911.jpg

[article]His only major injury came in 2013, when he damaged knee ligaments in the opening game of the season and was out for nearly five months.

None of the five layoffs he's had since then for muscle problems have been long-term, usually lasting a month or so. The shortest was 24 days, the longest 49. But even a few weeks without games is enough to disrupt any player's rhythm on the pitch, and it has made it harder for Wenger to make him a regular part of his plans.[/article]

[article]Oxlade-Chamberlain said in 2015 that the series of smaller niggles -- usually involving his groin muscle -- have been a "chain reaction" from that knee injury in 2013, but that he hoped those problems were behind him.[/article]

If were letting Origi go on loan to Wolfsburg then maybe Klopp sees AOC as playing further forward. I've never been particularly keen on him but he's got to be better than Origi as one of the wide men in our front three. Origi stands watching most games even when he's on the pitch, it's like having another spectator.

The post-match arsenal fan tv verdicts were always pretty positive and impressed with his performances in midfield last season. Then when Wenger shunted him out wide for reasons unknown, they were furious about it. I think on that basis, he might be pretty good in the centre.

Swiped from an Arsenal forum:

6 years at Arsenal
154 games MISSED through injury
132 played
9 goals
14 assists
23 chances created

Decent player, if nothing exceptional. Dodgy injury record. Doesn't score much. Big fee.
Meh

underwhelming signing, so he'll have the benefit of low expectations

£35M for a guy who's out of contract next season is just silly

The only plus is that unlike Rodgers, Rafa, and Houllier (Hodgson never happened), you can trust Klopp's ability to improve a higher percentage of his signings.

I guess we're closing the financial gap if we're paying this amount of money for a Meh player.

I dont get people saying hes meh.
Hes a really fucking good young player.
Hes not marquee, hes not world class, but hes good. We need lots of good players to compete.

Hes cost 15m less than Sigurdson!!! I mean thats fucking amazing in my book.

Maybe some of you havnt watched him play?

I dont get people saying hes meh.
Hes a really fucking good young player.
Hes not marquee, hes not world class, but hes good. We need lots of good players to compete.

Hes cost 15m less than Sigurdson!!! I mean thats fucking amazing in my book.

Maybe some of you havnt watched him play?

5 mill less if it's 40 with add ons.

I just checked arse mania forum. Every single arse fan is having a party over this. They're made up. Never a good sign.

5 mill less if it's 40 with add ons.

I just checked arse mania forum. Every single arse fan is having a party over this. They're made up. Never a good sign.
I was listening to the radio on my way home and quite a few fans were calling in pissed off.

I know he isnt a big world class signing, but a good squad one. Like Wijnaldum last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom