• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Jacobs was even more oafish than usual as he criticised Oxo's stupidity for preferring a move to Liverpool over Chelsea. He's a major berk.

Oh yeah. He also denounces the whole of English cricket if a wicket goes down, then announces all is great again if the next man in scores 40 or more, whilst claiming to be a real connoiseur of the game. He's an infantile nitwit.

I thought he said he wants his surname to be Chamberlin now. Parent stuff or some such guff

... and as for squad numbers 17 is up for grabs

Fee is mad but good signing. Even better if he is making sacrifices to play for Liverpool, I haven't heard that one on a long time - took a pay cut to join Liverpool, who was the last to do that?

Morientes
Kewell

:(

I really think given his qualities and attributes he should be scoring and assisting a lot more than he does – he has power, pace, technique, ambidexterity, decent shot, good cross on the right foot, pretty good passer of the ball, good attacking movement (like most Arsenal players; Arsene is good at coaching that). Somehow this never quite came together in a whole package at Arsenal; let's hope Klopp knows exactly what to do with him.

Last edited:

Telling quote: "I'm not so used to running off the ball in behind, I prefer the ball to feet." This was something Rodgers changed about Sterling's game early on – he asked him to run in behind more often instead of waiting for a pass to feet. I wonder if Klopp will try to change this trait in a similar way or on the contrary – take advantage of Ox's dribbling ability and strength to drive the ball forward, a bit like Mane does when he comes deep (Salah, on the contrary, is very much a "run in behind" player).

Last edited:
No question that he has a lot of ground to make up to compete with the likes of Wijnaldum and Lallana (top to bottom – games, goals, shots, assists, chances created, passing accuracy):

23wjjfd.png

UPDATE: I just realized that the stats above are misleading, because Ox played roughly twice fewer minutes than Wini: 1,562 compared to 2,978. So if you count per 90 minutes, Ox actually does substantially better than Wini in assists and chance creation, but is still below him in goals and passing %.

Last edited:
I'm really happy with this.

And not in a "he's just signed so I'll clutch at any positive fucking straw I can" kind. I've long been a fan of him, and if you don't believe me and/or can be arsed you can see for yourself here:

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/ox.100896/page-4#post-1562520

Firstly, a player's goal record is entirely influenced by the team they play in and the way they play.

How many times had Torres scored 20+ goals a season for Atletico before he joined us? None. Was Suarez a goal machine at Ajax? No. Was Mane plundering goals at Southampton? No. And Salah contributed two bits of fuck all attacking threat at Chelsea, before going to a side that suited him in Roma.

The way we play will create opportunities for him to score. He'll score goals for us.

Secondly, outside of one or two individuals - no one at Arsenal out of their 486 attacking mids scores a lot of goals. They've got Sanchez, and to a lesser extent Giroud. Ozil scores fuck all, Walcott doesn't get enough, Ramsey, Xhaka, Wellbeck. None of them score the goals that players of their repute should. Same goes for AOC.

And lastly, he's a very good footballer. Watch him retain possession with ease, make clever runs, create space in pockets, drift to the touchline if needed work extremely hard (I'm convinced Klopp see's him fitting easily into the high-energy pressing game), and provide an alternative to what we've got. He's quick, but not in a sprint-past-last-man-like-Salah way. He uses his pace differently, and he can play in a variety of positions.

If you're competing on multiple fronts then you need guys like this. 24 years of age - 5 years of playing for a top 4 side and for his country, and able to impact immediately.

This is a very good signing.

Yeah happy with this signing. But need VVD and another bonus signing if possible.
I think Ox signing ends our interest in Lemar. Was way over priced, though I still wanted him.

Telling quote: "I'm not so used to running off the ball in the behind, I prefer the ball to feet." This was something Rodgers changed about Sterling's game early on – he asked him to run in behind more often instead of waiting for a pass to feet. I wonder if Klopp will try to change this trait in a similar way or on the contrary – take advantage of Ox's dribbling ability and strength to drive the ball forward, a bit like Mane does when he comes deep (Salah, on the contrary, is very much a "run in behind" player).

"In behind" I could understand. "In the behind" is a little worrying.

Yeah happy with this signing. But need VVD and another bonus signing if possible.
I think Ox signing ends our interest in Lemar. Was way over priced, though I still wanted him.

Unless you mean "for financial reasons" I'm not so sure about that. I doubt we plan to use Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lemar in similar ways.

And not in a "he's just signed so I'll clutch at any positive fucking straw I can" kind. I've long been a fan of him, and if you don't believe me and/or can be arsed you can see for yourself here:

Firstly, a player's goal record is entirely influenced by the team they play in and the way they play.

How many times had Torres scored 20+ goals a season for Atletico before he joined us? None. Was Suarez a goal machine at Ajax? No. Was Mane plundering goals at Southampton? No. And Salah contributed two bits of fuck all attacking threat at Chelsea, before going to a side that suited him in Roma.

The way we play will create opportunities for him to score. He'll score goals for us.

Secondly, outside of one or two individuals - no one at Arsenal out of their 486 attacking mids scores a lot of goals. They've got Sanchez, and to a lesser extent Giroud. Ozil scores fuck all, Walcott doesn't get enough, Ramsey, Xhaka, Wellbeck. None of them score the goals that players of their repute should. Same goes for AOC.

And lastly, he's a very good footballer. Watch him retain possession with ease, make clever runs, create space in pockets, drift to the touchline if needed work extremely hard (I'm convinced Klopp see's him fitting easily into the high-energy pressing game), and provide an alternative to what we've got. He's quick, but not in a sprint-past-last-man-like-Salah way. He uses his pace differently, and he can play in a variety of positions.

If you're competing on multiple fronts then you need guys like this. 24 years of age - 5 years of playing for a top 4 side and for his country, and able to impact immediately.

Good post and I agree with the gist of it but one bit is just plain wrong! Suarez was an absolute goal machine at Ajax.

He absolutely was. Top scorer in Europe the year before he joined us.

Even Mane had a super scoring record for Southampton (25 in 75).

Whilst my self-imposed Ryan like ban means I can't 'like' this post, I like this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom