• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving aside the fee because fuck knows how those are decided these days, I think this is a decent dig. He's young experienced quick strong and probably most important versatile. I think Klopp has a blueprint for the type of player he wants to work with and AOC ticks all the boxes, how and where he fits into Klopps plans I don't know but I'm prepared to give him time, his record signing attacking players is very impressive so he clearly has something in mind rather than just a nameless squad filler. On top of that the fact he turned down bigger money deals and a better shot at silverware to join us suggests he's hungry and you have to respect that. Last player who did that was Milner and I can see him becoming a similar style fixture in the squad.

Makes me shudder spending £40 mill on an injury prone player. But then, I guess with the number of games we are going to have this season, he'll be rotated aplenty.

If he really turned down a lot of money to play for us then I can't help but be a fan even though he's never caught the eye.

Not 100% confirmed but according to twitter, Arsenal offered him 180K, Chelsea 200K+, and we offered him 120K and he chose us.

Was not a huge fan of this signing earlier mainly due to his injury record and productivity but some of statistics which @King Binny posted earlier look reassuring.

Klopp also knows how to develop pacy players with dribbling skills.

And I was not a fan of the Mane signing and was 100% confident that Mark Gonzales was going to be a superstar; so my negativity should bode well for this one.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has tonight agreed a £40m move to Liverpool - and it left Chelsea furious. Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, turned down Chelsea who feel they have “been played” by Liverpool to try to force Arsenal into selling to them.

The Gunners were reluctant to sell to their Anfield rivals because of bad blood between the clubs dating back to their botched attempt to buy the Reds' Luis Suarez in 2013.
But once Arsenal had made up their minds they wanted to offload him and agreed a fee with Chelsea, the player rejected the move and Liverpool swooped. The Gunners were left with nowhere else to go.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will sign a six year deal, has been given permission to miss England’s flight to Malta if the deal is not completed and had a medical at St George’s Park on Wednesday night. The loss of the midfielder will be seen as a blow by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who has been adamant in recent weeks that he wants to keep the player at the Emirates Stadium.

He told Arsenal he would not sign a new deal, turned down an offer of £180,000-a-week and can leave on a free transfer next summer. Oxlade-Chamberlain preferred a switch to Liverpool where he would play midfield and believes he can improve and develop his England career.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...l-oxlade-chamberlain-chelsea-furious-11084228

Clutching at straws? Possibly but looking at some of his highlight vids (and I realise you could probably say this about anyone) the Ox's assist rate would have been so much better with some decent forwards to put his passes in the net and his strike rate would look half a dozen goals better if it wasn't for the pesky woodwork. Thankfully Klopp sees beyond the raw stats. I apologise if I appear all apologist.

Fee is mad but good signing. Even better if he is making sacrifices to play for Liverpool, I haven't heard that one on a long time - took a pay cut to join Liverpool, who was the last to do that?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has tonight agreed a £40m move to Liverpool - and it left Chelsea furious. Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, turned down Chelsea who feel they have “been played” by Liverpool to try to force Arsenal into selling to them.

The Gunners were reluctant to sell to their Anfield rivals because of bad blood between the clubs dating back to their botched attempt to buy the Reds' Luis Suarez in 2013.
But once Arsenal had made up their minds they wanted to offload him and agreed a fee with Chelsea, the player rejected the move and Liverpool swooped. The Gunners were left with nowhere else to go.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will sign a six year deal, has been given permission to miss England’s flight to Malta if the deal is not completed and had a medical at St George’s Park on Wednesday night. The loss of the midfielder will be seen as a blow by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who has been adamant in recent weeks that he wants to keep the player at the Emirates Stadium.

He told Arsenal he would not sign a new deal, turned down an offer of £180,000-a-week and can leave on a free transfer next summer. Oxlade-Chamberlain preferred a switch to Liverpool where he would play midfield and believes he can improve and develop his England career.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...l-oxlade-chamberlain-chelsea-furious-11084228

Chelsea think "we played" them ? - fuck off Chelsea don't give us that much credit. The truth is no-one wants to play for you cunts - your a bunch of boring shits.

Fee is mad but good signing. Even better if he is making sacrifices to play for Liverpool, I haven't heard that one on a long time - took a pay cut to join Liverpool, who was the last to do that?
Milner, I think.

We are going to have to decide what we are going to call him as I don't think it should be"the Ox"

Ha. Fuck Chelsea. How many times have they gazumped us to players? Willian for one and Salah who they had fuck all plans for other than prevent him coming here. Lovely to get one over the plazzy pricks

DIgggQkXgAEpD4K

Andy Jacobs was even more oafish than usual as he criticised Oxo's stupidity for preferring a move to Liverpool over Chelsea. He's a major berk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom