• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Palace up bid.. £30m for Benteke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can get £32M, if we wait for it. There are too few qualified center forwards around Europe and the dismal number of goals at the Euros proved it.

But...if we are planning to spend those funds on someone else (yes, please), then we want that new signing in training as soon as possible, even if there was a "small" additional cost to that. Defining "small" may be the challenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We didn't turn it down. Agger turned it down if you believe him. He wanted to stay because he love the club to bits.
d5256cd47c3bf10108ec585171a5b247.jpg

Depends what our stance is. If Palace are trying to row back from an initial higher offer then fair enough, pro tem at least (though I wouldn't push it too far - we don't hold all the cards here IMO). If however we're insisting on a £32 mill.down payment, I don't think we should be doing that at all. If we are, and we lose the deal because of it, I reckon that'll be a criminal misjudgement.

Clubs are loaded with new to deal but the prices have increased so not much activity.

He will be gone by the end of the transfer window, as clubs get desperate

I think that's right as far as it goes, but the add-ons to the Palace offer would bring the figure to £31.5 mill.and we should still have bitten their hands off for that.

What if the addons were palace to win the champions league inside 4 years? I would have held out.

Vardy signed a new contract, he'll be staying.
Will be interesting to see how good Kanté's replacement is, appaz one the reasons Nice finished 4th. Will it be yet another why didnt we sign him.

Yeah, they were saying on the radio this morning that Benteke wants to stay. He really is a dumb bunny, isn't he?

Thats probably going by what the agent said the other day?

He'll be 5th choice, surley he isnt that stupid

We overpaid for Benteke regardless of how good he really was for Aston Vila the season before. I think what palace have offered is probably the right price - and there is no way we will use Benteke such that he will produce the strike rate we need. We should just sell in instead of going through all this haggling because I just cannot see other clubs coming in and offering that kind of money especially if they know we want more and Palace pull out of the negotiations. This bolox is going to hurt us in the wallet.

Well if we don't accept that then it was pretty clear all along we were never sold on selling him in the first place.

This is all too good to be true. You just know the big ignorant cunt is gonna wanna stay Fabio Borini-style and 'fight for his place'.

Read the tea leaves Christian, and fuck off.

This is all too good to be true. You just know the big ignorant cunt is gonna wanna stay Fabio Borini-style and 'fight for his place'.

Read the tea leaves Christian, and fuck off.
Reports from the earlier bid said he had already agreed personal terms with Palace .. it was us holding back on the fee that was the issue. When we couldn't agree the fee then he agent said something along the line of ' he wants to fight for his place' (face-saving). Hopefully all resolved now.

Supposedly Klopp told him in no uncertain terms that his time was up and there would be no place for him this season.

Benteke clearly thinks he's too good for Crystal Palace. Or maybe he just thinks Pardew is a massive cunt.

He's right in both respects, but perhaps he could use a good season at Palace to secure a move to a bigger, better club. It would seem unlikely that he will play as many games for Liverpool as he would at Palace.

Benteke clearly thinks he's too good for Crystal Palace. Or maybe he just thinks Pardew is a massive cunt.

He's right in both respects, but perhaps he could use a good season at Palace to secure a move to a bigger, better club. It would seem unlikely that he will play as many games for Liverpool as he would at Palace.

Haven't heard that he is unwilling to move. By all accounts he has agreed terms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom