• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players you can't remember playing for Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
I was watching Stephen Warnock's post match FA Cup final commentary, now the name is familiar but for the life of me I can't actually remember him playing for us, and I can remember Diomede playing for us (as dreadful as he was).

Some time ago I read the line ‘former Liverpool star Mark Kennedy’.

Now, I do actually remember us signing Mark Kennedy but I honestly can’t remember him actually playing any games for us or doing anything of note at all, so ‘star’ seemed something of a stretch.

Some time ago I read the line ‘former Liverpool star Mark Kennedy’.

Now, I do actually remember us signing Mark Kennedy but I honestly can’t remember him actually playing any games for us or doing anything of note at all, so ‘star’ seemed something of a stretch.
He cost a lot. That's something

Dean Saunders is always one for me - i obviously didn't see him play as I wasn't watching football (possibly didn't know what it was) in 1991, but i knew who he was later in his career and could never tally that with him being ex-LFC

He cost a lot. That's something
I remember him signing. He was never the last piece of the jigsaw but it was exciting having spent big on a teenager.

Warnock, he was the Pre-Flannigan Flannigan. However, he was actually pretty good. Think Riise being left back kept him out of having a better Liverpool career.

I may have made most of the Warnock stuff up.

Warnock, he was the Pre-Flannigan Flannigan. However, he was actually pretty good. Think Riise being left back kept him out of having a better Liverpool career.

I may have made most of the Warnock stuff up.

Think he broke his leg a couple of times (at least once anyway) and that slowed his development. But he had talent

Sean Dundee
Remember signing him, don't remember him playing

Nigel spackman played cm I think, didnt Kenny buy him . Decent player

Saunders was a big money buy but was pretty crap

Stephen warnock was OK, never watched him and thought he would be a main stay. We were poor at the time so I suppose he suited the squad

There's a few I'd like to forget like...

Conversely... i know it happened, but I can't remember it at all... Westerveld signing and playing for Everton. Absolutely no recollection of it.

Think he broke his leg a couple of times (at least once anyway) and that slowed his development. But he had talent
Yeah, if I remember correctly he had one bad break when another player accidentally stood in on his shin and you seen his leg snap.

Mark Kennedy I think got an assist during his last ever game for us, he took a corner kick but the ball strayed out of the area before he hit it and the fish shouldn't have stood.

I remember Warnock well for us.

I was absolutely shocked to learn in an interview only a few days ago that Nigel Spackman played for us. I thought it was a mistake. I literally don't have the slightest memory of it.

https://www.11v11.com/players/nigel-spackman-35526/

I remember the nanananana Spackman thing getting sung all day when we played Charlton away in the 87/88 season opener when Aldridge scored a hatrick.

Karl-Heinz Riedle.

I remember him signing, was a fairly big name. Can't remember him actually playing.

I don't think there are any that I actually can't remember playing, but there are some that are just weirdly forgettable. Zenden is a good one.

Clyne is another, he just never seemed like a Liverpool player to me. Ziege and Barmby too. Probably Benteke as well, actually.

I suppose the nearest contender is probably Paul Konchesky...

Can't recall Kevin Stewart playing but apparently he did.

I sadly remember Paul Stewart. Even for a Souness signing he was bad.

Can't recall Kevin Stewart playing but apparently he did.

I sadly remember Paul Stewart. Even for a Souness signing he was bad.

I only remember Paul Stewart because he scored a winner against Man City early on in that season. Don't remember anything else about him.

I only remember Paul Stewart because he scored a winner against Man City early on in that season. Don't remember anything else about him.

See I didn't even remember that! I do remember him scoring in a crappy European game against some part-timers.

Come to think of it, Dean Saunders used to make a habit of doing that too.

I don't think there are any that I actually can't remember playing, but there are some that are just weirdly forgettable. Zenden is a good one.

Clyne is another, he just never seemed like a Liverpool player to me. Ziege and Barmby too. Probably Benteke as well, actually.

I suppose the nearest contender is probably Paul Konchesky...
Unfortunately, I remember all Hodgson's signings pretty fucking vividly

Clyne is a great shout tho, as is Benteke. A few others come to mind too - Cissokho, Assaidi, Nuri Şahin, Manquillo. Rickie fucking Lambert

Actually, Balotelli playing for Liverpool does still seem like a weird dream now

I forget about zenden a lot, he always seems to pop up in quizzes for me
I can actually remember him, try as hard as I can not to. For a dutch lad he had the unusual quality, that of the 1st touch similar to one of Wayne Rooney"s ....for legal reasons let's just say old acquaintances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom