• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Possible Left Back Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that we won't be signing a left back? Or at least not a high-profile one anyway?

I think we'll end up with some young prospect, at best. One one hand - I don't mind it too much, because we need some stability in the defence - especially if we're bringing in another centre back. But really, Milner's just not good enough. We need far better.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll finish this summer with anyone better though.

Was wondering that myself as the season drew to a close.

I don't think that Klopp sees Milner as a central midfielder (and I'm not sure I do either) so that potentially leaves him where he is. It'll be interesting to see.

We could really do with a better option particularly given the fact that Clyne is not much of an outlet on the right.

I'd take any of the Spurs fullbacks, starting or other. Trippier, Davies, Walker & Rose all quality. Trippier has been brilliant at the end of the season. @Pesam was championing him for months, and I can see why.

If spurs are going to be losing one of Davies or Rose, i'd want to be front of the queue for either.

Cant see the spurs players signing for us unless we pay over 200k a week wages (for another defender) which Klye walker is going to get from city.

I'd take any of the Spurs fullbacks, starting or other. Trippier, Davies, Walker & Rose all quality. Trippier has been brilliant at the end of the season. @Pesam was championing him for months, and I can see why.

If spurs are going to be losing one of Davies or Rose, i'd want to be front of the queue for either.

Rose wants to move back to the north. He's the one who'll almost certainly leave. I gather the mancs are in for him, but he's surely a decent option.

The other dedicated thread isn't open - However Arsenal now confirmed this:

Arsenal have announced left-back Sead Kolasinac will join them this summer from German club Schalke.
The Bosnia-Herzegovina international, 23, will join on a free transfer and become an Arsenal player on 1 July when the transfer window opens.
"Subject to the completion of all regulatory processes, the defender will start pre-season training in July," said an Arsenal statement.
Schalke confirmed that the defender had signed a deal "which runs until 2022".
The Bundesliga club also tweeted: "Good luck in the future and thank you for six great years."

Rumours swirling that Man City have dropped their interest in Mendy due to Monaco's asking price.

They instead want Bertrand.

Romeu too.
On a slightly more serious note, he's looked very good but also a bit cumbersome at times.

Soton have played some rather defensive games this season and Romeu as I see it has probably thrived from it - he could end up being much more exposed in a team with a style and formation like ours. I don't think he's one for us, despite him looking impressive most of the season.

So, we're linked with another player who will be involved in African Cup of Nations - Faouzi Ghoulam (Algerian).

Arsenal just signed Kolasinac for a free and here we are getting reported for tapping a player for 60M.

I thought Ayre had already left the club ?

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus using Tapatalk

Ghoulam is out of contract in 12 months, and doesn't want to sign a new deal.

I think I mentioned him long ago once when he was at St Etienne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom